May 11, 2020 EBTA. Is there a thread yet?

Birdie dog

DIS Veteran
I'm surprised, because the cruise has sold decently but I don't see a thread. Am I missing it?

I'm surprised, because the cruise has sold decently but I don't see a thread. Am I missing it?
No, there isn't one started yet. Not all cruises immediately have a Cruise Meet thread. Sometimes they don't get started until closer to a cruise.

No, there isn't one started yet. Not all cruises immediately have a Cruise Meet thread. Sometimes they don't get started until closer to a cruise.
I guess it depends on the cruisers. We've already bought airline tickets and we are in the process of picking excursions.

Last edited:
I was looking for the thread too, we just switched our 10 night 2020 Hawaii cruises to do another Transatlantic.
We had such a great time in London before the WBTA last month, we decided to do the EBTA in 2020 and go explore Italy after the cruise.

That'll be awesome. We're planning an italy trip now. We've currently got 4 days booked in Barcelona before flying home and back to work.

That'll be awesome. We're planning an italy trip now. We've currently got 4 days booked in Barcelona before flying home and back to work.

There is so much to see in Europe, I want to keep going till we see it all!
Right now we are going to take a flight from Barcelona to Italy for 5 days after the cruise. We live in Ft Lauderdale area, so no precruise stay this time, we can head right to the ship from home, this means extra time in Europe since we won't have pre cruise expenses and my husband won't have to take extra time off from work.

We're in Charleston, SC. So we'll be spending the night before in MIA. I'm an ER nurse and actually have to work the 10th (the day before) until 3. We have a direct 6:50 PM flight booked to get us to MIA. We're staying very close to the port so we're heading that way for earliest possible boarding and possibly(?) opportunity to upgrade, though with all the V CL already sold out, I don't know that I'll even attempt to upgrade.

I hope you can get your upgrade!
We are going to head over early too, probably Uber over, it's a Monday our kids will both be at work.
Our last 2 cruises we did the Disney transfer and got to the port really late, I like together on as early as possible.
I really wanted to do the Canvas and Cocktail seminar they offer, but they were sold out by the time we made it to the front of the line.

Our last cruise out of Miami we stayed overnight at a hotel. We had the first shuttle of the morning booked. It never came. We waited forever before giving up and calling an Uber XL. Shockingly, all of us (5 adults with luggage) fit in one and we got to the port...during general boarding. I'm not leaving it up to chance. I need to see what hotel I'm staying at but it's basically walking distance.

We did this trip on the cheap side. I had a place holder, and we booked opening day and scored connecting SPH rooms. We've toyed with upgrading, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity. Since we'll be at sea most days, it's not like we "need" a view. (We needed a view in Norway). I thought, with all the at sea days, this would be a perfect cruise for CL, but I just won't pay for it anymore. Since hitting platinum, I get pretty much what I want anyway. I love the CL hosts, but not enough to pay the $13,000(ish) for the room. I'd say I'm happy just to be going and won't complain whether I get an upgrade or not.

I saw the canvas and cocktail class on a TR. I don't think any of my friends would go though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter