*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

I am going to Disneyland in May using the 3 day ticket promo and we are thinking of adding the Max pass for 7 people. Is it easy enough to do every ones at the same time? Can you easily do MP for some people on one ride and then MP for others on a different ride? We are taking my Grandson who is 3 will MP be worth it for him. Would Child Swap be better to us and not get MP for everyone?

Thank you in advance for the help

We just came back and it was my first time using MP. I had all 7 of us loaded onto my app (including my 3 y/o and the 2 elderly grandparents traveling with us). To answer your question, both ways are super easy. It was very easy to get MP's for everyone for the same ride but we also split up rides. I was able to handle everyone's MP's with ease, so I didn't mind taking care of it. But also, having MP for my 3 y/o meant that one of my older 2 could use his FP ticket to go on rides again! We heavily relied on both that and rider switch to get them all their favorite rides several times.

I hope that makes sense!

We just came back and it was my first time using MP. I had all 7 of us loaded onto my app (including my 3 y/o and the 2 elderly grandparents traveling with us). To answer your question, both ways are super easy. It was very easy to get MP's for everyone for the same ride but we also split up rides. I was able to handle everyone's MP's with ease, so I didn't mind taking care of it. But also, having MP for my 3 y/o meant that one of my older 2 could use his FP ticket to go on rides again! We heavily relied on both that and rider switch to get them all their favorite rides several times.

I hope that makes sense!

Thank you for that. Did you buy everyone's tickets all together or are you able to link all the tickets?

I just came back yesterday and we added our friends tickets to my Disney max pass. SO easy to do! Max pass is amazing! Will never go any other way. We did 35 rides in 4 days!

Thank you for that. Did you buy everyone's tickets all together or are you able to link all the tickets?

You can link anyone’s ticket, regardless of who bought it, as long as it has a bar code that the app can read.

I've been told that the app can only scan in as many as ten tickets. Is that true? Does anyone have experience using MaxPass for really large groups? Like as many as 20? Thanks!

I've been told that the app can only scan in as many as ten tickets. Is that true? Does anyone have experience using MaxPass for really large groups? Like as many as 20? Thanks!
People have reported linking more than 10, but I haven’t done it personally. I am almost positive that I saw someone reference having 16 here; I don’t recall who it was, but that number is stuck in my head. Hopefully someone will chime in with something more definitive.

Earlier this week, we had a group of 6. My phone shut off a number of times as I was scanning FP. The cast members at the FP area tended to wave us through at that point leaving extra FP to use.

The only ride we traded karma points for an extra ride was RSR. We sent my mom and older son on it the second time to check off a bucket list item for her. YMMV.

Earlier this week, we had a group of 6. My phone shut off a number of times as I was scanning FP. The cast members at the FP area tended to wave us through at that point leaving extra FP to use.

The only ride we traded karma points for an extra ride was RSR. We sent my mom and older son on it the second time to check off a bucket list item for her. YMMV.

What does trading karma points means?

It means doing something "bad" that's going to hurt your karma. Poster is saying they used what should have been expired FPs to "cheat" and get an extra ride on RSR.

I've been swamped re-acclimating to LAD (life after disney), and I do plan on doing a full trip report, but I wanted to get some max pass info here too.

We were in park mid-March, used MP for entire party (9 the first day, 8 the last 3 days). Loved it and felt it was definitely worth it. We did find some slightly inconsistent behavior with ride breakdowns converting to multi-passes - when this happened, the app would often become nearly unusable for a while as long as the multipass was around, crashing almost everytime we tried to view fast passes. It was a little annoying, but on the flip-side we did have pretty great luck with using rider swap. It took me a couple of days to really get a sense for what attractions were going to go fast and be worth a 90 minute wait, and weather stymied our attempt at a nighttime RSR ride, but by the last day our guest of honor (kiddo who turned 5 this year) was able to go on 10 rides in DCA - before lunch! Plus another 4 in DL even with an extended break for lunch, general looking around, dinner, and Fantasmic! Even on the days where we weren't able to get on as many rides as I would have liked, I still valued the ability to book the FP and get a gauge for waits around the park that I will definitely be booking MP again. Downside - a real lack of photopass photographers in DL. DCA had them all over, but the shots I wanted were almost all in DL, so we didn't get as much value on the photo side as I would have hoped. We also had issues getting some of the ride photos.

So - if you are ONLY getting MP for the photo benefit, it is worth it but just for one person in the party. If you really like going on the FP rides, especially RSR, and you cant or dont want to use the single-rider line, MP is also definitely worth it. I think if I had to choose between MP and park hopper, I would go with MP - but as others have said the biggest value you get is booking them cross park. The only thing that would make them even more valuable is if you could also do the show FP (Fantasmic! and WoC) through the app.

How do you do this? I know I can get one every 90 minutes. Can you pick times? Or do you take next available like if you pulled paper from the machine. Sorry - little confused on how to "stack" and hoping to take a mid-day break so understanding ahead of time will be helpful.

You always get the next available time. "Stacking" just means having more than one FP at a time and trying to line them up strategically. Let's say you get a FP to return to RSR at 4pm. When you are next eligible to get a FP, look at the times. Maybe there's a Midway Mania at 4:30. Book that. Now you have two FPs "stacked" back to back. In another 90 minutes, check again, maybe it's a hot day and there's a GRR at 5:30, etc.

You can't choose times, you just get what's available. But knowing which FPs run out first, and keeping an eye on FP return times throughout the day will help you.

6. Since Disney does not enforce a matching of FP to each person in your party, if one or more people in your party leave the parks early (maybe they are tired and decide to call it quits at 5PM), you can get extra FPs using their park tickets. Yes, this is technically possible with the legacy kiosk FP system, but you have to hold your parties park tickets/APs when they leave. That can be a problem if they think they may want to return to the parks (and will need their park tickets/APs) or may need their APs for discounts (e.g., shopping at World of Disney or dining in DTD or at a Disney hotel)

Is this still the case? I thought it might change with pictures now associated with tickets/maxpass.

Question: I have seen the announcement that the night shows (World of Color, Fantasmic) have been added as options for Maxpass. Can anyone confirm that these are separate from other fastpass availability on maxpass, just as they are separate with paper fastpass? Meaning, I can grab a WoC when I get in the park and ALSO grab a ride FP at the same time?

Thanks

Question: I have seen the announcement that the night shows (World of Color, Fantasmic) have been added as options for Maxpass. Can anyone confirm that these are separate from other fastpass availability on maxpass, just as they are separate with paper fastpass? Meaning, I can grab a WoC when I get in the park and ALSO grab a ride FP at the same time?

Thanks
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasmic-and-world-of-color-fp-via-maxpass-now-available.3744251/
Read the responses from this thread! Someone said they were able to pull a ride fastpass right after getting a fastpass for WOC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts