MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Just wanted to update on the “naming” of tickets- I purchsed 3 tickets from LMT and scanned the e-tickets into the app and all 3 gave me the optional option to name the tickets when I scanned them in!! So e-tickets from LMT with my iPhone 8plus and the most current app version do allow you to name your tickets- yay!!

Great info! I was going to buy my tickets from LMT, but didn't know if I could use it for this.

We just got back from our trip and I must say Maxpass kicked our butt. It wore us out much more than normal. There were times when we would be able to pick our next ride and everything seemed so soon that we would say, lets check later and just go stand in a line. For the first time ever we were debating standing in line because we had been crossing the parks so often because Maxpass was kicking us through rides so quickly.

Sounds like a great problem to have!

Well I just had an interesting experience.

Normally the second a ride goes down, the FP turns into a multiple experience. Not tonight! My TSMM has stayed a TSMM and the CM said it wouldn't switch over until it expires which is during the last hour the park is open. And no, doesn't meet criteria to be a next day multi experience.

She said it's a recent change and it's definitely one I do not like. Seemed shocked, though, when I said all my broken down ride FPs just a few weeks ago changed immediately so I could use them starting within my actual FP window.

Anyone else run into this? Did I miss this discussion? That's entirely likely as I've been very distracted the last few weeks.

ETA: Welp. The pass did not turn into a multi experience and totally disappeared from my app once it expired (including the 15 minute grace period).

I'll be talking to Guest Services to get a more clear answer. But definitely was told incorrectly by the CM. Or the system majorly hiccuped. Who knows. But I'm gonna go (politely) demand my FP back, that's for sure, lol!

Update 2:
Surprise! TSMM CM was wrong and the system hiccuped or something. It should have turned into a multi the second TSMM went down. They'd never heard of it waiting until the pass expired.

Guests services issued me 2 multis for both my mom and me. Each. So total of 4. And they are literally good on any ride. Excuse me while I go use these on PPF, lol!

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked, I scrolled through as many pages as I could handle to try find out haha!

I’m a bit confused on how many maxpasses to purchase if

Last edited:

(Ignore my message above, my phone was acting up!)

Sorry if this has been asked, I scrolled through as many pages as I could handle to try find out haha!

I’m a bit confused on how many maxpasses to buy if using rider swap. My parents will be joining my husband and I, and our two year old on a couple days. If my husband and I have maxpass and get one for say GOTG, use rider swap for my parents (who will be watching our 2 year old while we ride) do all 4 of us really need maxpasses?? I’m totally fine if we all need it but if it’s pointless I don’t want my parents to waste their money!

Well I just had an interesting experience.

Normally the second a ride goes down, the FP turns into a multiple experience. Not tonight! My TSMM has stayed a TSMM and the CM said it wouldn't switch over until it expires which is during the last hour the park is open. And no, doesn't meet criteria to be a next day multi experience.

She said it's a recent change and it's definitely one I do not like. Seemed shocked, though, when I said all my broken down ride FPs just a few weeks ago changed immediately so I could use them starting within my actual FP window.

Anyone else run into this? Did I miss this discussion? That's entirely likely as I've been very distracted the last few weeks.

ETA: Welp. The pass did not turn into a multi experience and totally disappeared from my app once it expired (including the 15 minute grace period).

I'll be talking to Guest Services to get a more clear answer. But definitely was told incorrectly by the CM. Or the system majorly hiccuped. Who knows. But I'm gonna go (politely) demand my FP back, that's for sure, lol!

Update 2:
Surprise! TSMM CM was wrong and the system hiccuped or something. It should have turned into a multi the second TSMM went down. They'd never heard of it waiting until the pass expired.

Guests services issued me 2 multis for both my mom and me. Each. So total of 4. And they are literally good on any ride. Excuse me while I go use these on PPF, lol!
Good to know and it always a good idea to be polite with the cast members, in this case letting them know what happened, also in this case you should have gone to guest relations right away, they could have solved it a lot faster for you.

Good to know and it always a good idea to be polite with the cast members, in this case letting them know what happened, also in this case you should have gone to guest relations right away, they could have solved it a lot faster for you.

Yeah, I didn't go immediately because I had other things I was scheduled to ride and did not want to waste more time and passes going to deal with what I was assured was a recent change to the system until I was actually near a guest relations location.

I was prepared to push for the replacement FPs to be for the next day if needed. But I was able to use them just fine within the time Disneyland Park was still open. And I was actually given bonus passes because of the wait so it worked in my favor in the end.

But yes. If one has the time and a CM insists that your FP must expire to become a multi, they're misinformed. Go to guest relations and they will fix it.

Yeah, I didn't go immediately because I had other things I was scheduled to ride and did not want to waste more time and passes going to deal with what I was assured was a recent change to the system until I was actually near a guest relations location.

I was prepared to push for the replacement FPs to be for the next day if needed. But I was able to use them just fine within the time Disneyland Park was still open. And I was actually given bonus passes because of the wait so it worked in my favor in the end.

But yes. If one has the time and a CM insists that your FP must expire to become a multi, they're misinformed. Go to guest relations and they will fix it.
I thiught there was a guest relations booth right by California Screaming, is that no longer There?

(Ignore my message above, my phone was acting up!)

I’m a bit confused on how many maxpasses to buy if using rider swap. My parents will be joining my husband and I, and our two year old on a couple days. If my husband and I have maxpass and get one for say GOTG, use rider swap for my parents (who will be watching our 2 year old while we ride) do all 4 of us really need maxpasses?? I’m totally fine if we all need it but if it’s pointless I don’t want my parents to waste their money!
You would need 2 mp for you & DH to ride together. Then the other 2 plus 1 of you if you want, could ride as rider swaps.

You would need 2 mp for you & DH to ride together. Then the other 2 plus 1 of you if you want, could ride as rider swaps.

Thank you for the reply! that’s what I thought!

My only question then is if it’s my husband and I with the maxpasses, are we limited to only riding with one another? Or if we have everyone’s tickets linked to our phones can say for example my dad scan my pass that has maxpass and ride with my husband while I wait with Mum to rider swap? Or would that’s be considered cheating the system :scared:

I thiught there was a guest relations booth right by California Screaming, is that no longer There?

I believe it's still there, but again: I did not have time to waste in a line at the time to deal with this issue.

My only question then is if it’s my husband and I with the maxpasses, are we limited to only riding with one another? Or if we have everyone’s tickets linked to our phones can say for example my dad scan my pass that has maxpass and ride with my husband while I wait with Mum to rider swap? Or would that’s be considered cheating the system :scared:
They don't seem to check that the ticket matches the rider, so you could either have your dad scan from the app or hand him your ticket to scan, and that should work. Just keep track of which tickets have MP and which ones have the rider swap. Also, you are correct that you only need to get MP for two of you and the other two can use rider swap, but I figured I would point out that if you were to purchase MP for the entire group, I believe you could use that to double up on rides. So for example, you and your husband could book FP for GotG, and at the same time your parents could book FP for RSR. Then you can use rider swap on both rides. The app lets you select which tickets you're getting FP for, so you don't have to get everyone FP for the same ride. However, there is such a thing as too many FP, and if you're doubling up on FP all day long you might get exhausted from running around to so many rides. Just something to consider.

They don't seem to check that the ticket matches the rider, so you could either have your dad scan from the app or hand him your ticket to scan, and that should work. Just keep track of which tickets have MP and which ones have the rider swap. Also, you are correct that you only need to get MP for two of you and the other two can use rider swap, but I figured I would point out that if you were to purchase MP for the entire group, I believe you could use that to double up on rides. So for example, you and your husband could book FP for GotG, and at the same time your parents could book FP for RSR. Then you can use rider swap on both rides. The app lets you select which tickets you're getting FP for, so you don't have to get everyone FP for the same ride. However, there is such a thing as too many FP, and if you're doubling up on FP all day long you might get exhausted from running around to so many rides. Just something to consider.

That is such helpful information, with a 2 year old in tow it may be a little too much but it is for sure something to consider!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! :)

Hoping somebody can help me with my couple of questions please, I’ve tried to keep up as much as possible with this thread but can’t see the answers to my questions on the last couple of pages!

We want to utilise the photopass part of the MaxPass as it’s something we normally buy anyway. How long do we have to edit these photos? As we are away another 2 weeks after the DL part of our trip and I want to make sure I leave enough time!

Also, I guess I just have my park ticket scanned for the PP to go onto my account? Do I just then access them through my DL account? I know it’s probably a silly question but I want to be armed with as much info as possible to help our first time of using MP go easy and well!

Thanks everyone, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving :)

Hoping somebody can help me with my couple of questions please, I’ve tried to keep up as much as possible with this thread but can’t see the answers to my questions on the last couple of pages!

We want to utilise the photopass part of the MaxPass as it’s something we normally buy anyway. How long do we have to edit these photos? As we are away another 2 weeks after the DL part of our trip and I want to make sure I leave enough time!

Also, I guess I just have my park ticket scanned for the PP to go onto my account? Do I just then access them through my DL account? I know it’s probably a silly question but I want to be armed with as much info as possible to help our first time of using MP go easy and well!

I don’t know how long they stay.
You can use a photo pass card from the person and type or scan the code into your app. Or you can have them scan your app when taking the photos. For ride photos take a pic of the screen. Then type on your app.

Here now - have max pass. We have 10 in our party. Everyone with an annual pass I can add no problem. But my dad has a 5 day park hopper with max pass and I can’t get it to scan it into my account. It will scan and then say “something went wrong loading this page”. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Here now - have max pass. We have 10 in our party. Everyone with an annual pass I can add no problem. But my dad has a 5 day park hopper with max pass and I can’t get it to scan it into my account. It will scan and then say “something went wrong loading this page”. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?
I’d go to one of the green tents for help.

I can't recall if it's 30 or 45 days but it's definitely more than 2 weeks. You need to edit them (adding borders/stickers etc. form the app, so you might be able to do that from your phone/tablet and send them to your email while you are still traveling during any down time.

Yes, you scan your park ticket into the app (give it a name when you do) and that enables the MaxPass (whether you bought it before or add it that day). You will access the tickets/MaxPass through the account section of the Disneyland app. You can poke around in many things in the account section before the day-of, so get familiar with it and make sure it is all set up.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!