Maximizing WDW visit

Dennis

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I use crutches and wear braces (don't like wheelchair), and will taking my small kids to WDW in May. I am very concerned how long I will be standing in line and how can I hit as many attractions (for the kids sake ;) as I can without draining my energy (going back and forth to get FastPass, standing in line too long, etc). More specifically: What is average wait in line? Anyway to save energy but vist as many places as possible (Special assistance card seems not very helpful)?

Thanks a lot for any general or specific comments.

Dont be an idiot "hero". Once around World Showcase Lagoon is 1.3 miles. There is normally six to eight miles of walking per day when visiting WDW. You are correct that you would not be given a Guest Assistance Card because for mobility or stamina issues the suggestion is use a wheelchair or ECV.

Please see the FAQ which is the 4th item in this forum. It really sounds that you need an ECV.

May is starting to get into a very busy season, as many schools in th South start letting out in early May. Wait times will be higher than normal.

Is May the only time you can go? What about visiting at one of the "slower" times of year when wait time would be minimum? Many people use the scooters - would that be an option for you? There truly is a ton of walking, not only IN the parks but to get TO the parks, even with the busses, etc... and the hot sun does a number on you, too. We just visited for the first time in January and found it to be a great time - low crowds, no scorching heat. The tradeoff was not a lot of pool time or water parks but that was fine as far as we're concerned. HTH!

Dennis said:
Hi,
I use crutches and wear braces (don't like wheelchair), and will taking my small kids to WDW in May. I am very concerned how long I will be standing in line and how can I hit as many attractions (for the kids sake ;) as I can without draining my energy (going back and forth to get FastPass, standing in line too long, etc). More specifically: What is average wait in line? Anyway to save energy but vist as many places as possible (Special assistance card seems not very helpful)?

Thanks a lot for any general or specific comments.

is it just you and the kids, or will you have others to help with them? i went with just me and a DD7 last winter and rented an ecv, but she wasn't that young and she's not the kind of kid to just run off to see something. still, i was worried we'd get separated and did a lot of pre-planning for that (talked with her about what to do, gave her a prepaid tracfone to carry, knew what she was wearing--would now take a digital picture of her each day, etc.).

how long can you walk/stand on average during your typical day? if it's not at least 10 hours, then you'll probably want to rent the ecv. it'll give you a place to sit while you're waiting. even though it's not something you need/want in your normal life, it sounds like it will be a useful thing for your vacation.

enjoy your trip.

dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter