Max Pass suggestions

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
goibg at the busiest days of the year 26-29.
For Disneyland what order would you use your max passes? Like get space first? Then what? Need help planning. I know it’s all preference but we just want to maximize our time we don’t care what we ride :)

I would get the first MP for whatever attraction you want to ride the most. My guess is the first attraction to run out of FPs will be RSR. While I don't know for sure, I'm thinking that if you get a FP for some other attraction and then have to wait 90 minutes before trying for an RSR FP, you stand a good chance of not getting an RSR FP. After that, it's probably a coin toss between HMH, IaSWH, TSMM, and Space.

If you want to do RSR, maxpass that first. Those go so fast on a regular day, I'm sure during your dates they will go extra fast.
Get there at rope drop and head straight to another headliner like guardians or space mountain so those are out of the way.

I'll be there the 27th through the 30th, so I feel you.

The key is to be flexible on the Fastpasses when using MaxPass. Sometimes you are looking to pick up a fastpass and there is a cancellation earlier in the day you can pick up and it can warrant going "off plan."

Are you staying on property? If you are, you'll have early access every day since both parks have early entry every day that week. That can be HUGE. If not, you'll still have one Magic Morning and you'll want to make that count. Being there early is still huge.

Are you park hopping? That can help quite a bit. Also, if you are planning four days in the parks you'll easily hit everything you want to hit and be able to do lots of stuff again.

What I usually do is check the app for the two weeks before my trip (matching up the weekdays I’ll be there), paying particular attention to rides that close a lot & to when in the day FP are gone. Then, just before we leave, I make my plan based on that. So far that has worked great for us.

We were at DCA on 12/28 last year, and DL on 12/29. Since hours are later, RSR FPs lasted longer than they usually would have, but they were still gone pretty quickly. We used an FP for it at 11:30 and were able to get another immediately after for quite late - so they ran out not long after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter