• MaxPass

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Park Hopper

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jodywgirl

DIS Veteran
My adult daughters and I will be at Disneyland in a couple of weeks for 5 days. If you had to choose between Max Pass and Park Hopper which would you choose.

I would choose Park Hopper. Maxpass is great, but you can still get Fastpasses the old-fashioned way even without it, and having Park Hopper gives you a whole host of additional options for attractions, entertainment, and food for your 5 day visit.

Gotta go with park hopper. I almost consider the whole resort 1 park. I’ve gone with ppl who don’t have hoppers and it makes me feel like I’m not getting the full experience when I just go in 1 park. Then again having park hoppers make getting maxpass almost essential imo. Nothing better than getting a fp for guardians while waiting in line to get on space Mtn.

Maxpass is at it's most valuable I feel when combined with a parkhopper, so if you're not getting both, then parkhopper.

ETA: Posted at the same time as SoCalDisneyFan2708...his point is exactly what I'm saying about Maxpass. You get the most bang for your buck when you combine it with parkhoppers.

Loved Maxpass as it's less running around. Guessing both isn't an option (which I get as it does add up)? We often would be at DL, get a Maxpass at DCA and by the time we switched parks , went right to the ride.

Last edited:

My adult daughters and I will be at Disneyland in a couple of weeks for 5 days. If you had to choose between Max Pass and Park Hopper which would you choose.

Can you buy your tickets through the convention your daughter is attending.
Many conventions have discounted tickets to Disneyland.
If you can then use the money saved for MP.

I chose parkhopper. If you don't want to shell out an extra $50 per person upfront, you can always wait until the day of to decide if you need maxpass. Parkhoppers can make your day more flexible. They can also help if one park begins to get too crowded.

I am on the both vote too. But try this go with parkhoppers and on the first day try Max Pass. MP is easy to buy when you go thru the gate, just make sure you have your CC preloaded on your phone. If it has the value for you grab it on other days, if not you still save $40 per person for the rest of the trip. Also the bonus of the MP is you get the photo pass with it. Only one person needs to have MP to get photos for the whole group. We had so much fun with the photo pass you get all your ride photos plus any photos taken by Disney photographers.

We used to not park hop very much, but with Maxpass, we park hop every day. It is so nice to start out in one park then collect fast passes for the other park before switching over. I'd say do both if there is any way possible. I'd even rather do just 4 days if it meant having both PH and Maxpass. If I really had to pick one, I think I'd pick Maxpass. We focus on rides though. I feel like we ride a lot more rides and wait a lot less time with Maxpass. If rides aren't as important, I'd go with the PH tickets because you'll have more flexibility for shows and entertainment.

For my family I'd choose Max Pass. But if we didn't ride just about ALL of the fastpass rides (we only skip Indy and Matterhorn bc they scare the kids), then I'd say Parkhopper.

The amount of TIME we save with MaxPass is HUGE. We can get more Fastpasses than ever before without having to have 1 person break off to obtain the passes. So we save time in obtaining the passes and we save time by being able to get more fastpasses so even less time in lines.
I have to say I'm surprised so many people vote the opposite. We have AP's and while to do park hop occasionally, we don't do it near enough to have that perk outweigh our MaxPasses.

Can you book a MaxPass in DL and CA at the same time like you could with paper FP? I remember being able to pull a FP in DL and then immediately hop over to DCA and pull another one even if the window for the first one was not up. Obviously that's not super practical so I rarely did it, but you could really do some damage with MP if it allows this.

Can you book a MaxPass in DL and CA at the same time like you could with paper FP? I remember being able to pull a FP in DL and then immediately hop over to DCA and pull another one even if the window for the first one was not up. Obviously that's not super practical so I rarely did it, but you could really do some damage with MP if it allows this.

No.

This isn’t possible anymore, even with paper FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter