Matt's May/June 2016 DLR Trip... A bunch of firsts...PIC heavy.

What to do next??? Why Splash of course. There is much debate how we got onto Splash for this round…rider swap pass… fast pass… act of God… All I know is we didn’t wait in stand by as we jumped in line at 15:20 and were off fifteen minutes later.

DSC_4261%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4281%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4285%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4299%20(Large).jpg

DLPCA_SPLASHMOUNTAINRIDE_20160601_386704768474%20(Large).jpg

On the way towards NOS, we saw HM was a short wait, so into the queue the older girls and I went..

DSC_4303%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4329%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4338%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4339%20(Large).jpg

What a wonderful TR. I was needing a "Disney Fix" on this very long Friday afternoon and this provided it. You have a precious family and I enjoyed every part of your report!

I am so glad to have stumbled upon your trip report. Nice job and fantastic photos!

We are hoping to be there end of May/beginning of June next year. Your trip report makes me look so forward to ours :)

Awesome TR! Your girls are amazing! It's funny b/c I did Odyssey of the Mind when I was a kid, so I thought it was awesome that one of your girls is also an OM kid!

My whole family is visiting Disneyland soon w/ my two little nieces (about the same ages as your youngest two) so it was informative to see how your family navigated the parks. Looking forward to reading more!

Great report!!! Thanks for sharing -- I'm getting super excited about our November trip now!

Haunted Mansion complete, we started to head towards our dinner locale. I spotted these wondrous pirates on my way...

DSC_4402%20(Large).jpg

And this lady of questionable virtue hanging out on the corner of Orleans and Royal. Clearly a lady of the night..

DSC_4416%20(Large).jpg

IMG_1314%20(Large).jpg

And this little hooligan with her new bubble wand.

IMG_8032%20(Large).jpg

[VIDEO]

Not deterred by the native activity, I made my way to the maitre d of Blue Bayou and we were whisked away to our water-side table..

The menus this trip were pretty cool. They haven't been there since that I recall, but they were backlit by LED. Made reading them in the low light super easy..

DSC_4418%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4419%20(Large).jpg

Vic just coloring away..

DSC_4422%20(Large).jpg

Charlotte doing what Char does best... WHINE.

DSC_4426%20(Large).jpg

I had elected for the Gumbo as my Appetizer, the Surf and Turf as my Entre, and the Crème Brulée as my dessert. Amy got the same. The kids got Steak and Salmon.

The Surf and Turf:

DSC_4440%20(Large).jpg

The Crème Brulée:

DSC_4441%20(Large).jpg

What does one do with stuffed stomachs and some time to spend... why back to Haunted Mansion of COURSE.

Charlotte back in better spirits.. (pun intended)

DSC_4444%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4447%20(Large).jpg

I honestly don't think I've ever snapped a picture looking BACKWARDS in the ballroom scene. I'll have to remember that and try it next trip.

DSC_4465%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4467%20(Large).jpg

I've never shot a good pic of the organ player (this trip included)...

DSC_4475%20(Large).jpg

Love the ghost playing the piano..

DSC_4486%20(Large).jpg

And good ole Hatbox..

DSC_4489%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4493%20(Large).jpg

Love the singing busts... I can't arrange it for this Halloween display, but hopefully sometime soon.

DSC_4507%20(Large).jpg

The older girls wanted to do Splash one more time while we were in the area. Amy took them while I hung out with Vic.

DLPCA_SPLASHMOUNTAINRIDE_20160602_386704739812%20(Large).jpg

Amazing report. Thanks for taking the time to write it and share it.
Thanks!!

What a wonderful TR. I was needing a "Disney Fix" on this very long Friday afternoon and this provided it. You have a precious family and I enjoyed every part of your report!
Glad I could provide some fun distraction on a Friday!

I'm loving your report.....grew up with Disneyland. Hoping to take my husband some time.
Take him. I had fallen out of love with it over the years but I'm truly back now!

I am so glad to have stumbled upon your trip report. Nice job and fantastic photos!

We are hoping to be there end of May/beginning of June next year. Your trip report makes me look so forward to ours :)
How did your trip end up going??

Awesome TR! Your girls are amazing! It's funny b/c I did Odyssey of the Mind when I was a kid, so I thought it was awesome that one of your girls is also an OM kid!

My whole family is visiting Disneyland soon w/ my two little nieces (about the same ages as your youngest two) so it was informative to see how your family navigated the parks. Looking forward to reading more!
They went to world finals yet again this year. They ended up placing 13th. She's done this year though.

Great report!!! Thanks for sharing -- I'm getting super excited about our November trip now!
How did your trip go??

OMG..that picture at the top of Splash Mountain is priceless. Now I know what my son sees when he goes down it.

Love your photos. Sweet family. And thanks for sharing the Haunted Mansion ones . Unfortunately it was down for Halloween make over when we went so we missed it.

OMG..that picture at the top of Splash Mountain is priceless. Now I know what my son sees when he goes down it.
LOVE the view from the top of Chikapin Hill!!! It's so fun. Katherine and I rode it 12-times back to back one night a few years back. The CMs just kept sending us through.

Love your photos. Sweet family. And thanks for sharing the Haunted Mansion ones . Unfortunately it was down for Halloween make over when we went so we missed it.
Thanks. I'm just getting around to finishing TRs which fell by the wayside when life got crazy. I just wrapped up last November's and now working on this one. Sad you missed HM. It's my #2 favorite attraction.

Slightly damp, but no worse for wear, we all headed South and struck out towards Adventureland. It was a little past 7 so we decided to grab a quick trip on the rivers of adventure before it got too dark..

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the queue of The Jungle Cruise. I'm always torn when asked what attraction has the best queue. The top four which NOTHING can approach are Indy, Jungle, Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, and the former and still WAYYYYY better than GOTG, Tower of Terror. I'm honestly at a loss to pick any over the other, but Jungle is part of the top 4 hands down!!!

DSC_4523%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4526%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4528%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4531%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4533%20(Large).jpg

If you've seen my TRs before, you know how I like my mirror shots (my mirror shots out of Club 33 were pretty sweet). Not sure who this creeper is photobombing my subjects, but here's a JC mirror shot..

DSC_4535%20(Large).jpg

As many of you probably know, I live, eat, breathe Disney. My kids 20' tall playset is JC queue themed.. I even cut up railings which are like these.. but I never had a good shot, so they aren't accurate enough.. time to correct them. This pic is simply for reference..

DSC_4537%20(Large).jpg

I have one of those maps... just found it yesterday in fact..

DSC_4538%20(Large).jpg

After waving good by to all the pretty people on the dock... and the ugly ones too..we were off.

DSC_4539%20(Large).jpg

If I ever have a pool again, I must have a backside of water feature.

DSC_4541%20(Large).jpg

To think I was once eating breakfast over there..

DSC_4544%20(Large).jpg

This guy needs to see a dentist

DSC_4547%20(Large).jpg

Piranhas were out in full force this trip.

DSC_4550%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4553%20(Large).jpg

And the scariest part of the trip... the return to civilization..

DSC_4556%20(Large).jpg

As many of you probably know, I live, eat, breathe Disney. My kids 20' tall playset is JC queue themed.. I even cut up railings which are like these.. but I never had a good shot, so they aren't accurate enough.. time to correct them. This pic is simply for reference..

Pics or it didn't happen!!!! That sounds awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!