Matt's 2019, Spring Dapper Day Trip for Char's 10th Birthday with Napa Rose/Club 33!!

OMG, Matt, what a FABULOUS trip, as usual!!! Your girls are certainly lucky. I LOVE the outfits, and your pictures are always amazing. I wonder how I missed you, as I was with Sarah and Nancy that Dapper Day. Oh! I'll bet Leslie and I were at the Pimm's Punch cocktail class in DCA! That was really awesome but I'm sorry we missed you guys.595380

Last edited:
OMG, Matt, what a FABULOUS trip, as usual!!! Your girls are certainly lucky. I LOVE the outfits, and your pictures are always amazing. I wonder how I missed you, as I was with Sarah and Nancy that Dapper Day. Oh! I'll bet Leslie and I were at the Pimm's Punch cocktail class in DCA! That was really awesome but I'm sorry we missed you guys.View attachment 595380
Cheri, we didn't even know you or Leslie were in the parks I suspect, or if we did, we had other obligations.

Once done, we had Friends to meet up with....

DSC_0960%20(Large).jpg

It's Joe (@mre200200) and Theresa, Alli, and Ian!!

DSC_0973%20(Large).jpg

The CM (Marisa) working the Churro cart saw Char's Churro and Ian and Alli without some, so she made MAGIC HAPPEN...Churros for everyone!!! (well the kids)

DapperDay-117%20(Large).jpg

DapperDay-118%20(Large).jpg

Charlotte was doing what she does best... being MOMMA BIRD. She LOVES Alli and Ian. We've spent so many good times with them and Joe and Teresa. Just LOVE this family.

DapperDay-120%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1003%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1034%20(Large).jpg

Oh Momma bird..

DapperDay-121%20(Large).jpg

DSC_0996%20(Large).jpg

Amy and I couldn't resist a shot in front of the waterfall together.

DSC_0987%20(Large).jpg

Alli is SOOOOO Adorable!!!

DSC_1048%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:

Oh my gosh, what ADORABLE pictures!!! The kids are the cutest!! I love that Char plays Mama Bird :). So you must be gearing up for the next big thing...

Oh my gosh, what ADORABLE pictures!!! The kids are the cutest!! I love that Char plays Mama Bird :). So you must be gearing up for the next big thing...

Well, if Disney would get their act together, we could start planning a spring adventure. Sadly, things with Disney seem to be SNAFU right now. We had expected to back for a trip this October, with 21 Royal again, but that'll have to wait since it's unclear if that'll reopen anytime soon. We do have Vic's October trip for next year on the radar too. I'll MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH for her to get to go to Club33 like each of her older sisters got to do for their 10th birthdays.

Oh, what should we do next? Oh... OBVIOUSLY, The Haunted Mansion!!! (And without the NBC overlay too!)

DapperDay-122%20(Large).jpg

Are you watching me?

DSC_1057%20(Large).jpg

I do love a good wall sconce!

DSC_1058%20(Large).jpg

Until this picture, I had never appreciated the texture on this chair. It even makes a face from the right angle.

DSC_1064%20(Large).jpg

Ah, my arch nemesis... One day I will have the proper camera equipment to capture you in all your glory.

DSC_1070%20(Large).jpg

Someone is dying to get out!

DSC_1075%20(Large).jpg

Of all my HM props, this séance book is one I have yet to acquire.

DSC_1083%20(Large).jpg

If at first you don't see me...

DSC_1085%20(Large).jpg

Wait a second and I'll appear.

DSC_1088%20(Large).jpg

These happy haunts are always just hanging around.

DSC_1092%20(Large).jpg

I wonder how many times she's celebrated that SAME birthday...

DSC_1098%20(Large).jpg

He's been dying to meet you..

DSC_1104%20(Large).jpg

... or shoot you.

DSC_1110%20(Large).jpg

Just playing around...

DSC_1115%20(Large).jpg

OK, these frames are so amazing. I wonder how I can get some replicas...

DSC_1119%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1125%20(Large).jpg

Hmmm.... another pianist...

DSC_1120%20(Large).jpg

Who goes there carrying on about a pianist?

DSC_1144%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1147%20(Large).jpg

This gal... ahem.. ghoul is decked out with some nice bracelets.

DSC_1167%20(Large).jpg

Who wants their mommy? I mean mummy.

DSC_1170%20(Large).jpg

The Haunted Mansion's graveyard is a danger place to be headed...

DSC_1173%20(Large).jpg

bbb, bbb, bbb, that's all folks.... oh wait, wrong IP.

DSC_1174%20(Large).jpg

It's less scary when all the kids ride together.... well, unless you are Theresa.

DapperDay-124%20(Large).jpg

After Mansion, we made our way to CRITTER COUNTRY (Gonna hate when they remove this to retheme).

Joe and Theresa looking MARVELOUS.

DSC_1191%20(Large).jpg

Charlotte being such a good steward..

DSC_1206%20(Large).jpg

And Amy looking so happy.

DSC_1218%20(Large).jpg

After a quick trip through Winnie the Pooh, it was time for some confections

DSC_1231%20(Large).jpg

What wasn't immediately gobbled was carried about with aplomb.

DSC_1265%20(Large).jpg

We made our way back to NOS, where my fam had a lunch reservation, but not before some GREAT pics outside of C33

I just love these folks (as I do many of my extended Disney family). The Flowers are AMAZING people.

5DIV-677A7552%20(Large).jpg

5DIV-677A7554%20(Large).jpg

These kids are gonna CRUSH it when they grow up.

DSC_1270%20(Large).jpg

Amy and Char looking beautiful in NOS.

DSC_1275%20(Large).jpg

I had to take a few of Amy's hand-made dress.

DSC_1279%20(Large).jpg

It's the little details...

DSC_1280%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1283%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1287%20(Large).jpg

And Char's hidden Pin...

DSC_1289%20(Large).jpg

These next few, NOBODY is going to appreciate but me. It's the details that bring me back to Disneyland and separate it from the lesser parks for me. A now defunct perfume shop... Still ROCKING awesome theming.

DSC_1302%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1303%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1306%20(Large).jpg

We would split up the party here as we had Cafe Orleans reservations and J&T had a penchant for French Market.

We would have the Steak and Potatoes ($25.00) – Chef’s Choice of Steak, Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables paired with Chimichurri Sauce. They gave us what I would suspect was Sirloin. It was cooked a PERFECT Medium rare. The veggies were amazing too.

DSC_1315%20(Large).jpg

An order of Pommes Frites is ALWAYS a must at Cafe Orleans. Pommes Frites ($8.00) – traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade

DSC_1308%20(Large).jpg

Char got the kid's beef. Chef’s Beef Specialty ($12.00) – Seared Steak served with Popcorn Rice, Seasonal Vegetables and Fruit. The Broccolini was a nice touch as always.

IMG_8915%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1312%20(Large).jpg

IMG_8917%20(Large).jpg

A full round of Mint Juleps for the table. I'm so glad they eliminated the green dye from them..

DSC_1309%20(Large).jpg

We finished with some Mickey Beignets which had GLOVES in addition to the normal Mickey silhouettes.

DSC_1321%20(Large).jpg

During our stay at CO, I took a few pics of the SELDOM appreciated street numbers. This first one disappointed me SO BAD. Like Disney, last time I took this pic, it wasn't HAPHAZARD GARBAGE of a facade. Get your game together.

DSC_1317%20(Large).jpg

THIS was the last pic of that address I took:

DSC_8536%20(Large).jpg

And YES, I'm a stickler for the maintenance of the address theme in NOS... 40 Esplanade Road has never looked so SHABBY

Addresses%20(Large).jpg

This one was a bit more in line..

DSC_1318%20(Large).jpg

The look on my face when Amy asks if I'm ready to leave...

IMG_8920%20(Large).jpg

I love this. It takes me back to when things were the way I understood and enjoyed. I'm just...unprepared for the new Disneyland, at least as far as the planning part goes.

About 1PM, we had finished with our meal and it was time to meet back up with our friends....

The kids having been separated for a good hour were overjoyed to be back together again.

DapperDay-139.jpg

DSC_1329%20(Large).jpg

Hidden Easter egg. I feel like I hadn't noticed the bunting/fireworks recently.

DSC_1330%20(Large).jpg

Hmm... what to do next? Given we were able to get immediate fast passes for pretty much anything, we elected for Star Tours! Buzz was also immediate fast passes, so we took on Zurg and defeated him next.

DapperDay-144.jpg

With time ticking away, we had to be selective with our next attraction. Why not a grand circle tour of Disneyland from the steam locomotive?

DapperDay-146.jpg

DapperDay-148.jpg

DSC_1337%20(Large).jpg

Returned to the Tomorrowland station, we would make use of our next attraction as transportation as well as for its attraction value. The Monorail over to the DLH station.

While we were waiting, got some great pics of the lagoon.

DSC_1348%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1354%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1355%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1358%20(Large).jpg

And I just LOVE seeing this tree in bloom. I imagine it wreaks havoc for the clean-up crews with all those blossoms though.

DSC_1360%20(Large).jpg

Some interesting perspectives from the Monorail if you don't blink. Amazing that most of these details go unnoticed by most park attendees I would hazard to guess.

DSC_1368%20(Large).jpg

DSC_1368(crop)%20(Large).jpg

Shall call this shot the backside of Esplanade..

DSC_1371%20(Large).jpg

The Grand looking as majestic as always.

DSC_1377%20(Large).jpg

Disneyland Drive is so underappreciated.

DSC_1383%20(Large).jpg

Parting is always a sad affair. Until next time Flowers!!!!

DapperDay-154.jpg

I love this. It takes me back to when things were the way I understood and enjoyed. I'm just...unprepared for the new Disneyland, at least as far as the planning part goes.

Indeed. Gone is the spontaneity of being able to just enjoy the park with no set agenda.

As we were outside of security, we took the scenic route back to the lobby of the Grand. I just LOVE the entrance.

DSC_1396%20(Large).jpg

Bell services sent to retrieve our luggage and valet sent to retrieve the Axiom, we waited. I always love the porte-cochere

DSC_1405%20(Large).jpg

HBNU0324%20(Large).jpg

It's back. Hope there's enough fuel left in the tank to get us back to AZ for the first fuel fill up.

IMG_7847%20(Large).jpg

We pulled out of the Grand at 4:30 and hit the wind farms at 6.

IMG_8926%20(Large).jpg

Charlotte got creative with the seat belt and just racked out. Poor girl had a late night and busy day. She was definitely LOVING the whole vehicle to herself.

IMG_8932%20(Large).jpg

An hour and a half later, we were crossing into AZ, but running low.

IMG_7852%20(Large).jpg

Topped off, but that hit the pocket book. 27 gallons to get from AZ to Disneyland and back to AZ...

IMG_7853%20(Large).jpg

Char stirred from her slumber and wanted some Wendy's from the truck stop.

AJSL9517%20(Large).jpg

Just under two hours later we were pulling into our driveway. Unloading only 3 of us is always a treat vs. all 5.

What a great trip, and now 2/3 or the kids have gotten their special 10th birthday rite of Disney passage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter