Mattress pads or air mattress

ellbell

DIS Veteran
My family of 6 is staying in a family suite at All Star Music in June. I've heard about the awful fold out ottoman beds. My by then 8 year old will be the one who will be sleeping on it and I was wondering if I should get a mattress pad for it to make it a little more comfortable or scrap the idea all together and just get an air mattress for him.

Any input appreciate, specially if you've stayed in one of the suites.

Granted it has been a few years but I had no problem sleeping on one of those fold outs.

Granted it has been a few years but I had no problem sleeping on one of those fold outs.
Good to know. I am only going on reviews and heard that the ottoman one is really uncomfortable because the mattress is thinner than the chair or sofa beds.

We stayed in one in November. We'd heard the same things you had, so we ordered a blow up bed for my relatively large (85 lb) almost-10 year old. Turns out she thought the ottoman was fine and we never even opened the blow up bed. I'd say the mattress pad is probably good enough, and I wouldn't open it ahead of time so that you can return it if you don't need it.

We stayed in one in November. We'd heard the same things you had, so we ordered a blow up bed for my relatively large (85 lb) almost-10 year old. Turns out she thought the ottoman was fine and we never even opened the blow up bed. I'd say the mattress pad is probably good enough, and I wouldn't open it ahead of time so that you can return it if you don't need it.

Thanks, if this is the case I probably won't even buy one. My son will be 8 and isn't even 70lbs yet. I just didn't want him to be uncomfortable and not sleep leading to meltdowns from being tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!