Matterhorn surprise rumor

King Triton

DIS Veteran
I heard that Disney is going to give the Abominable Snowman from Matterhorn more realistic movements. Like he'll try to reach out and grab you when you ride by him. This is only a rumor.

When the Matterhorn opens back up, I hope we'll get some updates posted here. Let us hear from you.

The Matterhorn is my favorite ride. I love it!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

When we were there in December we talked to a Matterhorn CM and said they were doing a "total overhaul" on Harry. He was very excited to have this done and was anxious to get back to his ride.

That would be awesome, although as it is he scares the death out of me every time I see him! :eek: He's not even scary!

Does anyone know when the Matterhorn is going to re-open.

Thanks!
;) :D ,
Katherine

According to Disneyland's website, they have Matterhorn still closed for refurb on 02/12, but no longer on the refurb list on 02/13. Will it really reopen 02/13?? No way of knowing until then.

I certainly hope it reopens on the 13th. LOL We should be there maybe the 18th or 19th. We're visiting my brother and his family so our dates aren't fixed yet!

Love this rumor and this ride. Hope to get down there in spring to check it out!

Jenn

Hi!
We were just there on Friday and Matterhorn was open!!! The line was really long though, so I'll wait for a non-holiday weekend to check it out!!:D

From what I can gather, there has been no mention of , the "big surprise" reach out and grab you from Harold.

But there is a rumor that Matterhorn will be getting the much awaited (and needed) addition of Fast Pass.

Rode it Saturday, went especially to see ride this a carrousel which we've been waiting to open. No change to snowman that I could tell. In fact I felt that it lost something by making the openings wider. No more thinking you're going to hit. If you didn't know that's what they had done, you probably wouldn't notice, but I noticed as we went around, that there was much more space, and it there wasn't the close call thrill as you go in and out of the mountain.

We got in line a bit after 8pm. Line was at the back of matterhorn. We got off about 8:30, so I didn't feel the line was long at all. No fast pass was added, at least not yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter