MasterCard reserved seating

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
Realized this has been discussed via twitter but not on the disboards, and since these boards helped me so much with planning, I’d give some info.

Starting a few weeks ago, DLP started a special offer for people who have MasterCards (any card, doesn’t have to be French or Euro; I used my card, which btw has the logo in silver for aesthetics, so I had to point it out to the CMs). You can get tickets for a reserved seating section for yourself plus up to 4 guests. Currently, it is available for Mickey and the Magician, Marvel Superheroes United, and Motors Stunt Show. You get them from either guest relations at the Studios or City Hall at Disneyland Parc. You just show your card, though they may ask for ID too, and they print out paper tickets. You are supposed to arrive 30 minutes before showtime and enter with rest of people (not with the AP priority group), but the reserved area has been blocked out and a CM is stationed there to make sure only ticket holders get into it. I attended Mickey that way a few days ago and the section was the center back row of the bottom section; I also saw Marvels section which was in the center of the first 2 rows of the upper section. Pretty prime locations! Immediately before showtime the CMs will remove the barriers and anyone can take any remaining seats.

So, some caveats:
  • You can only do 1 show per day
  • There are only 20 seats per showing, so these tickets go FAST! People in the know will literally will run from gates opening to City Hall or guest relations.
  • City Hall opens earlier than GR, so even though the shows are at the Studios, sometimes all tickets will be gone before that it opens. Officially I think City Hall opens at 8:15, but this morning I was there for the gate opening from Disney Village to the park entrance areas (8am), and the turnstiles were already open at Disneyland and so was City Hall (I do not know if this is a regular occurrence). Meanwhile, the studios turnstiles and GR won’t open until 8:30.
  • If you don’t get there for the beginning of Extra Magic Time, you’re going to be out of luck. Right now Marvel runs out extremely quickly. Magician not long after that. Motors is usually available later.
I don’t think we have any info on how long this will go on as well as if the process will change or if the shows will change. But if you can take advantage of it, do so! Especially for Marvel, since that queue usually gets full 1 hr before showtime and even then you aren’t guaranteed a great spot (a couple days ago I waited for almost 2 hours, partially in rain, and still got the very back row).

I don't really get how you are supposed to come 30 minutes earlier, BUT get in the theater like everyone else.

Especially for Marvel, as you pointed out, the queue is full 1+ hour before. If you can arrive AFTER the queue is full, BUT 30 minutes before is enough, why wouldn't 10 minutes be enough? Or 5 minutes?

I don't really get how you are supposed to come 30 minutes earlier, BUT get in the theater like everyone else.

Especially for Marvel, as you pointed out, the queue is full 1+ hour before. If you can arrive AFTER the queue is full, BUT 30 minutes before is enough, why wouldn't 10 minutes be enough? Or 5 minutes?
I think it’s a way to make sure you show up with enough time. They also open the doors before showtime to get everyone seated, so need to make sure you get into the queue and theatre. And 30 minutes for best seats is much better than 2 hrs for back row!

Also, the day I got Marvel tickets, the show unfortunately stopped halfway thru and they cancelled it. I didn’t bother going to GR or trying to get something in exchange since I was leaving that afternoon. So, I don’t know what they will do for people if that happens, though I’ve heard they will sometimes give priority vouchers to come back another show.

Thank you for enlightening my questions. You're right the doors open some minutes before showtime, and MasterCard holders with priority tickets needs to be in the queue at that time.

I'm not sure they have “priority vouchers“ for Marvel, though. So far, things have been pretty messy, with lot of shows being cancelled like yours… to the point there were some days with more schedules that broke that those running fine. It would have been a nightmare if everyone on a faulty session was given a backdoor for the next show (which was possibly already full)

Is this a limited time offer? I'll be there mid August, hopefull I'll have a shot at getting those tickets.

Is this a limited time offer? I'll be there mid August, hopefull I'll have a shot at getting those tickets.

The MasterCard advantage should still be present when you visit. Remember the list of eligible shows might change anytime!

Sorry silly question I'm sure but I still don't get how it works once you have your tickets...

If people have been queuing for hours and the queue is miles long, how are you suppose to join it and still get in 30 minutes before the show?

Sorry silly question I'm sure but I still don't get how it works once you have your tickets...

If people have been queuing for hours and the queue is miles long, how are you suppose to join it and still get in 30 minutes before the show?
You get allowed into the queue area, they have already accounted for you in the number of people. At the shows (Mickey and Superheroes), the main queue area is past the turnstiles, so the CMs keep track of how many people pass thru those. Once it hits a certain number they close the queue and turn away anyone else (there is no secondary standby line).

When you get inside, they have the MasterCard seating set aside with a CM there to take tickets and make sure no one else gets into that area.

You get allowed into the queue area, they have already accounted for you in the number of people. At the shows (Mickey and Superheroes), the main queue area is past the turnstiles, so the CMs keep track of how many people pass thru those. Once it hits a certain number they close the queue and turn away anyone else (there is no secondary standby line).

When you get inside, they have the MasterCard seating set aside with a CM there to take tickets and make sure no one else gets into that area.

Ah, excellent, thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!