Masks at WDW....what kind?

starry_solo

DIS Veteran
I thought I read here on DIS, but maybe it was somewhere else, that the masks that are required to be worn at WDW are the ones with ear loops or ties behind the head....so that neck gaiters aren't OK.

But when I read the post regarding the opening of DS, it just says "face coverings" without specifically identifying which is approved.

Am I imagining it? Does anyone know which face coverings are approved? I have ones with ear loops and some are incoming for the ones with ties BUT I would like to find out if the neck gaiters are OK. I was planning on purchasing cooling neck gaiters for our September trip...thanks!

From the site..

Learn about new guidelines for face coverings and temperature screenings at Walt Disney World Resort.

Face Coverings

All Guests ages 2 and up—along with Cast Members—are required to wear face coverings when visiting Walt Disney World Resort. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.
All face coverings should:
  • Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

From the site..

Learn about new guidelines for face coverings and temperature screenings at Walt Disney World Resort.

Face Coverings
All Guests ages 2 and up—along with Cast Members—are required to wear face coverings when visiting Walt Disney World Resort. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.
All face coverings should:
  • Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

thanks! I have the masks with ear loops but they hurt after a while so I’ll make sure I have both types

Some neck gaiters have drawstring ties, which should be compliant with the rules. And I would be surprised if someone got into trouble for wearing a neck gaiter snug enough to stay over their nose and mouth just because it didn’t have a drawstring.

I have masks made by Coolibar that fit my small face. They have ear loops but fit more like a small veil that is open below the chin. I have a hard time breathing in closed systems for long periods in the heat. Hopefully those will be allowed, if not I’ll use disposable ones.

Some neck gaiters have drawstring ties, which should be compliant with the rules. And I would be surprised if someone got into trouble for wearing a neck gaiter snug enough to stay over their nose and mouth just because it didn’t have a drawstring.

I will go look for some of those!

I doubt CMs are going to be checking to see if all face coverings have ties or ear loops. They should just be looking to see if your nose and mouth are covered.

I'm actually wearing the ones you would get for carpentry work. They are usually used to keep saw dust and debris from being inhaled. They just have one rubber elastic that goes around to the back of your head. Pretty comfortable and i feel confident using it.

I plan on wearing a Survivor buff, which is basically a gaiter, and I have no concerns about there not being a tie of any kind as it fits snugly over my face and actually stays on much better than a medical mask does. Plus, even though it goes over my neck, I find it to be much cooler and less restrictive.

Tim Tracker has a good video on mask in parks.
I found it interesting what stays on rides and such.

It was such an enlightening video and I think this is probably the reason for the mask that goes around the ears. I also recommend this vlog for anyone who's going in the near future and has concerns about what type of masks to bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter