Mary Poppins Returns

Would anybody care to reveal if The Birdwoman was in this remake? I always liked that character.

I saw the Broadway version and enjoyed that too. It was darker than the 60s film.
I didn't catch her, but I think I did spot a hidden Mickey!

Would anybody care to reveal if The Birdwoman was in this remake? I always liked that character.

I saw the Broadway version and enjoyed that too. It was darker than the 60s film.

you do see the now broken snow globe from the original in one scene.

i don't want to give too much away but i will say that while the bird woman is not shown there is another 'woman' character that is appropriate to the story/sentimentality of her character. I ADORE JANE DARWELL and the lengths walt disney went to get her/accommodate her to be able to do the birdwoman role because he knew she was the ideal person is echoed by the current movie's casting-offered first to julie andrews who declined b/c she didn't want to distract from emily blunt's performance:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2-myself, dd and multiple adults who've already seen the movie agree that the ultimate casting and performance brought them to the same tears the original always has.

We saw it opening night. We enjoyed it, but I wasn’t overly impressed. I thought the plot had a similar “feel” to the original. It almost felt like a copy cat.

The songs were fun, but certainly not as good as the ones in the original.

I really liked the animation.

Overall I would recommend it as long as the viewer doesn’t expect it to be as good as the original version.

Saw it today. Good film, but the songs were not memorable. Walt would have sent them back to "plus" the songs.
It has gotten some not so stellar reviews, but you know," Wizard of Oz" and "Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" were not thought of as anything special when they came out. They became classics later.

i had some quibbles with the derivative nature of the story and the songs are fine but pale in comparison to the original, but that cast! Wow! They make up for a lot--Emily Blunt is FANTASTIC.

NY Times and WS Journal and Roger Ebert Reviews panned it. Most reviews I saw said the songs were lousy.

Who ever listens to reviewers? They have proven time and time again to be not in agreement with what most people enjoy.
Not sure why movie reviews are even still done by the same old people who don't like anything. :flower1:

We saw it tonight and thought it was amazing!

Emily Blunt was an excellent Mary Poppins. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a true American treasure who brings such joy and energy to everything he touches. The children were wonderfully cast and very talented, Meryl Streep was as captivating and in character as ever, and the grown up Jane and Michael were perfectly cast (although Michael's mustache needed a trim).

And Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury brought literal tears to my eyes! Wow!!!

Even the beloved "A Christmas Story" was not well received, and did little at the box office.
Agree that Emily Blunt was a great MP.

I saw it today. The casting was wonderful, animation classic, cameos were brilliant, and the costumes and set were beautiful. I agree that my only disappointment is the music. Lin-Manual Miranda steals the show IMHO. Definitely well done all around.

We saw it on Christmas Eve and my family all loved it! I thought it was a good homage to the original.

We saw it the day after Xmas. People clapped when the movie ended. I thought it was wonderful. The animation was very well done and it felt like the animation in the original movie did. The costumes in that part of the movie were pretty darn great.

Loved the talking umbrella.

I cried happy tears during the lamp lighters’ song and dance number.

Loved the opening credits of the movie. That was just like old school Disney live action movies from back in the 60s.

Loved how at certain key parts of the movie, the background music was from the original movie (Feed the Birds, stuff like that).

When Mary Poppins put the kids to bed and sang to them, that song made me cry. Loved all the music. Loved Dick Van Dyke. Emily Blunt did a stupendous job as Mary Poppins. Angela Landsbury’s character was neat. Loved the 3 kids in the movie. Loved how Jane Banks ended up doing stuff similar to Mrs Banks from the first movie. Loved the look and feel of all of the stands and tents in the park at the end of the movie. Loved the admiral next door. He was awesome.

We have seen It twice already. Loved it. Emily blunt was great as was Lin Manuel. And I loved all the songs. The dancing was fantastic. And the animation beautiful. I really couldn’t find anything I didn’t like. I loved the original but this was just different enough to give it a twist. And Emily blunt did not try to replicate Julie Andrews. She was her own version of mary poppins with a very good singing voice. Just writing this makes me want to see it aga8n!

I thought it was just okay. The acting was great, but the songs weren’t memorable, and the movie was actually really sad in some places. Kind of a downer. Also... it went for about 30 minutes too long! I was ready for it to end!

I saw it today. The casting was wonderful, animation classic, cameos were brilliant, and the costumes and set were beautiful. I agree that my only disappointment is the music. Lin-Manual Miranda steals the show IMHO. Definitely well done all around.

I’m the complete opposite. I wasn’t impressed with him at all. I think the movie would’ve been fine without him and much better without his songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter