Marvel theory; Tony Stark is alive, sort of

Rod B

Disney_dada83
I know there many theories about tony stark still being alive. I for one, would love to see this happen. Something dawned to me that I feel would be a awesome storyline with twists and turns.

I haven't read all marvel comics, I've just watched all the movies so I in no way think I'm a marvel expert. This is just a theory.

In Iron man2, in the video of Tony's dad Howard, he said that he built everything for tony and the he was "limited by the technology of his time" and when he realize he will "change the world". And also called him his greatest creation. Now he may have been just speaking about what pertained to the storyline, but I think there's more to it.

Imagine if, Tony stark is a AI, always have been. Created by Howard Stark, perhaps secretly with help from certain people scattered all over the marvel universe. Since we saw the tech from all the other movies. Tony Stark can be made from the same material thats made from vision. And with seeing how dimension traveling or time traveling was explained, Howard stark could have made a human AI with his dna almost a clone of himself that can be recovered like a hard drive.

If marvel doesn't want to have tony stark physically in the universe, he could return as a J.A.R.V.I.S AI or like friday.

What do you think?? Over thinking it? Or could be on to something??

I don't know that Tony should always have been an AI, however there is precedent from the comics tha tTony has backed up his mind in a computer and uploaded that into new bodies. There are ways that they can get around it if they want to. and I'd be all for it. I like to think he's up on the big Stark sattellite from Far From Home, biding his time.

Last edited:

I think any theory cheapens his sacrifice.

Ehh, it's comics though. It's a trope, but the heroes do return. I think they should continue and make several movies without Iron Man and Cap and the other mains, then have a surprise return for the very final, final showdown. It would be fun to me.

Ehh, it's comics though. It's a trope, but the heroes do return.
Is it a trope, or more of an act of desperation? That's how I see the death of Superman in the 90's. Sales weren't going the way that DC wanted, so they kill him off. They made it into an event, a lot of books got sold, and then they immediately worked on bringing him back.

Is it a trope, or more of an act of desperation? That's how I see the death of Superman in the 90's. Sales weren't going the way that DC wanted, so they kill him off. They made it into an event, a lot of books got sold, and then they immediately worked on bringing him back.

Well, I don't think the plan was to ever stop publishing Superman comics and nobody ever throught that. They do use these events to boost sales, but it doesn't change the fact that in tehir world death and resurrection are commonplace, even with lesser characters that don't get big events and sales bumps. Te villains never stay dead either. It's just part of the nature of the superhero story.

It's both. Death and sacrifice in comics were initially ways to boost front page drama and elicit sales, however once it became commonplace for the genre it became a trope. All a trope really is is a particularly good (or terrible) story/character facet repeating across media to the point that people take notice. At some point in history every trope started as innovative.

It’s Marvel. If they want him back they’ll just use a magic amulet or something. In comics, it used to be said that no one stays dead except Bucky, Jason Todd and Uncle Ben, but then Bucky and Jason Todd came back.

Half the MCU died and came back. If they want to bring Tony back, they’ll do it. I just don’t see Robert Downy Jr wanting to, but after the COVID stuff, maybe he’d be more open to it.

I'm sure there are multiple versions of him out there somewhere in the Multiverse (of Madness coming soon!)

RDJ is done hes like 60 years old he is getting to old to play the role chris evans and scar jo are done as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter