Marvel Television To Cease All Future Production As It Officially Folds Into Marvel Studios

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...-officially-folds-into-marvel-studios-a172157
Marvel Television as we've known it for the past 10 years is no more, as The TV arm of Marvel Entertainment is being folded into Marvel Studios under the supervision of Kevin Feige.

Although Hulu's upcoming animated shows (Tigra and Dazzler has been put on hold) and the live-action Helstrom will reportedly remain on course, they will be the final projects to come from the current unit overseen by Jeph Loeb and no further development is expected to take place. Loeb will stay on during the transition, but "at least a dozen" layoffs are expected in the near future.

Marvel TV's senior VP of current programming and production Karim Zreik will join the Marvel Studios group and continue to oversee current projects.

This news won't come as much of a surprise to anyone after the cancellations of several Marvel shows over the past few months. Most recently, we found out that Cloak and Dagger and Runaways had been axed. And, of course, Netflix's popular Marvel projects are no more.

Marvel's flagship series, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., will present its seventh and final season in 2020.

I really loved Cloak & Dagger and Agents of SHIELD. SHIELD was ending anyway though and I get that they weren't that popular outside of the Netflix shows. I'll miss them, but I understand. I will still think of them as part of the MCU until shown otherwise.

SHIELD was a wasted opportunity. They had the opportunity to bridge the storyline gaps between movies. It would have helped the show if more MCU characters had made guest appearances.

I wish The Inhumans had been a better show. They're interesting characters. When SHIELD was first beginning, I told me wife that if she ever saw a really, REALLY big dog show up on the show, people would lose their minds. Boy, was I let down.

I've enjoyed Runaways and all of the Netflix ones (except maybe Iron Fist) but everything else has kinda missed for me. I'm excited about all of the Disney+ shows they've announced so I think overall this will end up being an alright move - though I don't think Fiege should have all of the power...seems a bit nuts

SHIELD was a wasted opportunity. They had the opportunity to bridge the storyline gaps between movies. It would have helped the show if more MCU characters had made guest appearances.

I wish The Inhumans had been a better show. They're interesting characters. When SHIELD was first beginning, I told me wife that if she ever saw a really, REALLY big dog show up on the show, people would lose their minds. Boy, was I let down.

Yeah, but at least Lockjaw was the coolest part of that show! It's actually not as bad as people make it out to be, bu it wasn't great either. It had potential to improve had it continued.

Last edited:
They cut the special effects budget by giving Medusa that awful buzz cut. That pretty much negated one of the most powerful characters on the show.

I agree with you. Lockjaw was an awesome character on the show.

They cut the special effects budget by giving Medusa that awful buzz cut. That pretty much negated one of the most powerful characters on the show.

I agree with you. Lockjaw was an awesome character on the show.

Yeah - I mean I liked that as a story beat - it did happen to her in the comics once - but I kept expecting her to get it back, and you know, kick some butt! I did like Karnak and his general story arc though.

Last edited:

They started off with a strong tie-in, up through Winter Soldier at least. Then they completely dropped it, which was super disappointing. I still love SHIELD, though. Fitz is the best.

I couldn't finish Inhumans. I tried, but I missed an episode and just couldn't bring myself to get caught up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter