• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott to build vacation club at..............

disney13

DIS Veteran
Disneyland Paris. I have heard from someone at Marriott Vacation Club that they are due to open a Vacation Club at or near Disneyland Paris.

Has anyone else heard this?

Any comments?

Andy :) :) :) :)

I also heard this at a Marriott presentation. We own Marriott and have stayed at the Newport Beach CA Marriott timeshare and went to Disneyland and California Adventure. It was a gorgeous resort and even better site! DVC was to build there and stopped and sold to Marriott. That was a big mistake IMHO. Now we can look to trade our Marriott week and go to Paris and DLP. Own DVC but Marriott is great also.

I have a projection sheet for Marriott and it lists Disney Paris. I believe the projected sell date was 2004 and sell out by 2008. I seem to vaguely remember that this one has also been officially announced but with the economy who knows.

A little history lesson for those that are newer. DVC owned (I think even announced) the Newport Coast location then decided against it and sold it to Marriott. They also had a contract on a property in CO that was to be at least part DVC. There were very good rumors that they were serviously looking at specific properties in NYC and HI but decided against it. VB has been scaled back from it's original plan. Maybe others can add to this twisted past.

I've heard from several sources that Marriott has internally disclosed plans for a Marriott Vacation Club at Disneyland Paris. But Marriott has never made a public announcement. So, technically it's still just a rumor -- but it's a rumor that I think is highly likely to become official in the near future.

Euro Disney S.C.A., the parent company of Disneyland Paris has announced several new hotels, which, unlike the current Disneyland Paris hotels, will be built and branded by various hotel companies. With the addition of a second theme park and greater demand, Euro Disney S.C.A. wants more lodging capacity, but without direct investment. So far, Euro Disney S.C.A. hasn't announced a Marriott Vacation Club or any other timeshare resort.

I haven't heard whether the rumored Marriott resort would be on the Disneyland Paris Resort property, in Euro Disney's nearby development of Val d'Europe, or completely "off site."

I think Marriott could be very succesful with a timeshare resort near Disneyland Paris. Marriott has a proven track record selling timeshare weeks to Disney guests. And, because of Marriott's internal trading priority, Marriott would have strong stories to tell in Orlando, Newport Coast, and Paris about being able to trade to other Marriott resorts near Disney theme parks.

I'd like to spend a week staying at big, 2-BR Marriott condo at Disneyland Pairs with my wife and kids -- visiting the Disney parks for a couple days and taking the RER train into Paris most other days.

Now, about Newport Coast...

I wrote an article about Disney's Newport Coast Villas for my Web site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter