Marriott Royal Palms....

Picabo

"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"
We have a non Disney trip coming up in a few months and will be at the Marriott Royal Palms. Who's been that can tell me if it's best to go with a ground floor and have a walk-out patio OR Top (4th) floor? I know many resorts have higher/vaulted ceilings on the top floor, which I rather prefer because it feels more open. Also, top floor I assume would be quieter without anyone above us. But the idea of being able to send the kids out back to run around while we're on the patio seems rather cool too.

ALSO - any preferred buildings to request? I'd like to be as close as we can to the World Center (bearing in mind I know Sable is closer but it is what it is). Would like to be near things like the pool and any types of activities like shuffle board, play grounds etc.

THANK YOU!

I stayed there. They have elevators. I asked for away from the highway and got a top floor. They are nice. Sabal Palms is the one that had the most recent renovation of the three, Marriott Royal, Sabal and Imperial Palms.

Here is a youtube video of the room that I did last year of the room

Last edited:
these are timeshares not that close to World center (which is busy) - so I don't think you need to worry about that.

The patios and balconies are screened in so even if you were on the ground floor you wouldn't be able to send the kids out to play that way. We always prefer top floor if possible for the quiet factor.

We prefer upper floor as well. There is transportation to World center pool from clubhouse. Royal is a bit further walk than Sabal -our building at Sabal was 5 minute walk to WC pool-think we had quicker access than some rooms at World Center LOL)-

We have stayed at Sabal Palms in the past and LOVED the whole complex. I was trying to get in there for this trip but wasn't able to. We're at Grande Vista this time. Anyway, it's a great complex. The World Center pool is awesome as are the activities. The Royal Palms lobby is the one with the movies to check out. Make good use of the van that goes between the resorts. You're going to love it!

We have stayed at Sabal Palms in the past and LOVED the whole complex. I was trying to get in there for this trip but wasn't able to. We're at Grande Vista this time. Anyway, it's a great complex. The World Center pool is awesome as are the activities. The Royal Palms lobby is the one with the movies to check out. Make good use of the van that goes between the resorts. You're going to love it!
We really enjoyed Grande Vista as well. Great main pool, bar, separate kids area...we did the "dive in" movie around main pool and really enjoyed it. The villas are beautiful!! We stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour last Thanksgiving and that has become our new favorite (going back in June)-can't go wrong with any of the Marriott vacation club properties!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter