Marriage proposal suggestion (5/29)

checkwriter

DIS Veteran
This is a response to the listener with a question for a wedding proposal suggestion (from the 5/29 email podcast).

This is not my idea. My spouse will confirm that I am probably the least romantic creature on the planet. Some people have it, some don't, and in my case apparently some just don't even try. But I digress . . . .

Here is the idea, excerpted from the NY Times (I know the groom and have anonymized the description). It requires the cooperation of a caricature artist:
------------
While on a trip to New Orleans, Groom suggested that they have their caricatures drawn by one of those ubiquitous French Quarter street artists. But little did Bride know that Groom had a plan up his sleeve! When the caricaturist revealed his handiwork — a drawing of Groom with ring in hand on bended knee — Bride looked down to find the real Groom with ring in hand on bended knee.
------------
I am told by my spouse that this was an incredibly romantic way to propose, and that there is probably nothing I can ever do for the rest of our lives that could hope to hold a candle to this.

As I understand it, there are caricature artists on property -- DTD, maybe the Boardwalk? In this case, my friend Groom had prearranged the event with the artist. The hardest part, he told me, was convincing his girlfriend that they should pose for the caricature. (Kind of like ordering dessert after a full meal.)

2 of the better one's I've ever seen or heard of was:

1. My cousin proposed Easter Sunday by hiding the ring in an egg for her to find.

2. Our local news crew was once called out during Christmas to this house to show off some Christmas lights. It was the parents house of this girl I went to school with. Her boyfriend had already asked her father for her hand in marriage so her parents were in on the whole thing. So, the night of Christmas they were all on the front lawn with the news crew when they turned on the lights. She was on the news making this confused face and reading something written on the roof in lights. When she realized it was "Will you marry me" She just gasped and started crying. He then got on one knee and asked her "properly". That was one of the best one's I've ever seen.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter