Marriage Proposal ideas

Nathan Banks

Disney Villain Club Member!!
Hi all! Just wanted to ask some advice. Me and my partner are going to Disney World in 12 days and I was going to use this amazing holiday to ask her to marry me. The only issue I'm having is finding a perfect spot to do it. Ideally, I'd love the photopass photographers to capture the moment; but I don't want the moment to become a circus; so I couldn't really do it in the middle of Main Street because I feel we'd attract attention more there. But I would love the shot of the castle in the background; I'm not familiar with the photopass photographer's locations at Magic Kingdom at the moment, so if anyone can offer me some advice I'd appreciate it.

I thought about doing it at the Christmas party near the castle because the lights all being lit would be brilliant. But then it's in the dark and I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out?

First, congrats!!! That's awesome, and to propose in MK is fabulous!

I don't think there's anywhere in MK where you won't draw some attention. There are people in every nook and cranny of the park, for the most part. You may find an isolated spot or two, but it likely wouldn't have photographers anywhere nearby. Best suggestion I would have is to pull a photographer aside and see if they have a suggestion...I'm sure they've done it before. Perhaps on one of the bridges alongside the castle. You could still get a lot of the castle in the picture, and while it has people there, it's not as crowded as Main Street.

If you go in the very early morning for rope drop Main St. won't be as crowded. You can pull a photographer to the side and let them know what's going on.
The photographers can still capture you guys at night with the castle lit up if you'd prefer it at MVMCP.

Also, I believe there is a Disney Proposal/special event number you can call and they can help you arrange things.

Congratulations, and best of luck!

Thank you so much guys :D

Regarding the Disney Proposal number; what do they do? Would they just offer advise or could they set something up for us?

It's under the Disney fairytale weddings website. The tab is engagements. I believe they help you set something up.

Congratulations! What an exciting time!

You can call to have them set something up, however, they'll charge a nice fee for this lol so it may be better to stick with a photopass person. I recommend the bridge between Main Street and Tomorrowland. There is a Kodak sponsored "Picture Point" on that bridge that almost always has photopass photographers. Its a little ways off the hustle and bustle of Main Street so it won't be such a mob scene. Good luck, and I hope it all works out perfectly!

We have been lucky enough to be the only guests along with the Dapper Dans on the Main Street Trolley; they serenaded us all the way up Main Street. Although we didn't plan this, it happened on two different trips. As long as it can be planned in advance, I always thought it would be a great way to propose to someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!