Marching bands on Mainstreet

emmakatbaby

Proudmomof3
Has anyone ever been part of a marching band performing down Mainstreet in the Magic Kingdom? I already emailed Disney Performinf Arts for info But was hoping someone could give me a little info. Having a hard time waiting for them to respond. Just curious about pricing for accommodations and tickets for a large group. Any info is appreciated!

Has anyone ever been part of a marching band performing down Mainstreet in the Magic Kingdom? I already emailed Disney Performinf Arts for info But was hoping someone could give me a little info. Having a hard time waiting for them to respond. Just curious about pricing for accommodations and tickets for a large group. Any info is appreciated!

You might have already seen this site, but here is some information that can get you started. It includes pricing information (you'll need to request a quote if you need accommodations though):
https://www.disneyyouth.com/programs/performing-arts/performance/

My brother participated in this during high school, but it was a local high school so there was no need for a hotel stay.

I did this twice 25 years ago, so nothing I would have to say is relevant. We stayed off-site, but there were no fast passes back then.

It was a lot of fun.

Same, but I did it 35 years ago (before there was even an Epcot) so nothing relevant either.
I too stayed off site and we had a blast.

My claim to fame is that I performed with my show choir and a cast member pointed me out as having the best facial expression. Not at all relevant but still. :rotfl2:

My high school does it every other year and I, and all of my siblings have gone. Our most recent high school band trip was 2016 with my youngest sister, it was her last trip. My own last high school band trip, junior year for me, was 2010-2011 I believe.

I'm not sure about any of the cost related items, but since it was a band and they wanted to like stay in theme, we all stayed at the All Star Music Resort every single time. Most of the time the stays were around 4-5 days, like a Friday-Tuesday/Wednesday or something similar. I remember them trying to get rooms close to each other and separate by gender. During my years there we were a band of probably around 120 kids, with at least 100 going on the trip. I'm not sure about later years, though. I do remember that there were some difficulties one year when the rooms weren't as close as they'd like, like one room was around the corner from everyone else and nowhere near a chaperone room. Also, they put the chaperones, or requested, to have them in the rooms like in between kids every so often, so at least there was someone around when needed. But we didn't use the chaperones for anything else. They collected our room keys, or magic bands when my siblings went, in the morning by like 7-8am and you could get them back by like 6pm? It depended on your chaperone and when they were going to be back at the resort by. In the case that you needed it to prove that you were staying at the resort for like EMH, then the chaperone was standing by the entrance until a certain time, you had their phone numbers otherwise, to give you your band to scan and then give it back. They gave paper tickets to everyone, regardless of magic bands or not.

I do think that each student probably paid around $2,500-$3,000 for the entire trip, including airfare, we flew Southwest out of Philadelhpia, and buses we needed and whatnot. I'm not entirely sure of the cost breakdown of it, but I do think that they got all of the students some sort of dining plan, or deal, since we got a voucher a day for a meal at a quick-service location and also got the refillable mugs. The school also, through like the band's trust fund and fundraisers, got like a $50 gift card for every student to use.

Last edited:
My daughter’s school is going on their Florida trip after Christmas this year. They will go to MK for just 1 day and won’t be able to march because Disney now requires them to pay for minimum 2 day tickets. We live in a very poor town and they can’t add an extra Disney day so the kids will just get to spend the day there without performing. People can barely afford the $1000 trip cost with only 1 Disney day as it is. They spend a day at Bush Gardens (with an off site parade performance in the middle of it) and are performing for a bowl game competition. My daughter is so bummed that they don’t march in MK but she is so excited to show her happy place to her friends that have never been to Disney (or even out of state in many cases).

Our band uses Bob Rogers Travel out of Naperville, Illinois for trips.

I am a tour director for a company that creates trips for high school bands, choirs, and orchestras. We go all over the world, but naturally Orlando is one of our three top destinations (with NYC & Chicago). At Disney, there are many performance and workshop opportunities. In addition to marching in MK, I have had marching bands march at Epcot, choirs perform at Epcot and Disney Springs, color guard and dance groups have workshops in the Costuming building, all kinds of other workshops all over property, musical theater groups perform at Saratoga Springs, orchestras perform at Epcot and Disney Springs, and even a handbell choir at Epcot.

Are you a parent? Or a band director? Booster president? Normally a director starts the planning process, with or without the help of a travel company. I'm biased, but I highly recommend using a reputable and experienced company. We create dozens and dozens of trips each year, so we know all of the ins and outs.

Everything will be organized through Disney Performing Arts. Families can be included in ticketing and lodging as well. Our groups stay offsite or onsite, depending on the budget and director's preferences. We find that many directors prefer to stay offsite, for easier chaperoning.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter