March crowds

team bradfield

Happy Campers
We swore we would never do Disney during spring break, guess we didnt figure our own DD's going off to college. So college freshman DD#2 wants to go on vacation with us this year, so we had to book FW the last 2 weeks in March, i've heard the crowds can close access to the parks, is it really that bad?

We swore we would never do Disney during spring break, guess we didnt figure our own DD's going off to college. So college freshman DD#2 wants to go on vacation with us this year, so we had to book FW the last 2 weeks in March, i've heard the crowds can close access to the parks, is it really that bad?

team bradfield,

if you look at my signature we typically go to the Fort for spring break (mostly March) with some school trips in April. Easter Sunday moves dates annually and that is a driver for alot of crowds in addition to set spring breaks. For 2018 Easter Sunday is April 1. The week before Easter Sunday and the week after are the two busiest weeks in the parks other than Christmas-New Years typically.

I don't think park access closes (although it may be a blackout period for some type of passes or CM/family access) but it certainly is crowded. Besides being an expensive time at the Fort, it's nice weather wise. You should take advantage of morning EMH when you can. My kids (college/high school age) always wanted to be in the park open the latest (evening EMH) which were always ridiculously crowded (people with hoppers hop to the late closing park in the evenings).

You can do it but set expectations accordingly and have a plan (maybe mid-day breaks). We would go early and do standbye lines until around lunch time then use our pre-scheduled FastPasses for the afternoon hours. Worked okay for us. But that means it was impossible to ever pick up a 4th FP.

Bama Ed

thanks Ed, sounds like it wont be as bad as i think. we were at Epcot during F&W last year, didn't know about the "drink around the world" challenge, that was overwhelming, we had a hard time just trying to leave the back exit to bail to HS. I was afraid Spring Break would be as full.

This year will be my first go at the March crowds. In Mississippi our spring break is 2ND week of March so , if all holds well, we'll be fighting the crowds with you.

Of course I usually keep me 2-3 days of down time to actually relax and avoid the crowds.

I was curious about this as well. We got our very first disney trip reservation in today(yay!) for spring break (because my 2 in college cant miss days) and im actually kind of afraid. I dont like crowds, I have 10 kids(few don't even want to go lol), and we are tent camping...I am selfishly wishing myself luck haha

Like others have said. The crowds will be pretty bad. I've been twice over Spring break (week leading into Easter). After the 2nd, I said never again.

We did learn "how" to do Disney on the second trip though and it was more enjoyable, but still incredibly crowded. On the 2nd trip we picked 2 or 3 things a day we really wanted to do. Arrived early and spent the day wandering the park, seeing all the little things we normally walked past on the way to the "fun" stuff. FP+ will make it easier to guarantee you get a couple of things you want. We found focusing on all the "other" stuff made it much more enjoyable, even with the crowds.

j

It's my understanding that people staying onsite and AP holders have an advantage getting into the parks when the numbers approach capacity.

We are camping (pop-up) the last week of March 2018 and it's our first time at FW, though we've made many other trips to Disney! We aren't fond of crowds either, so we have a plan for each day. We plan to get up early and get into the parks at rope drop and return early afternoon and enjoy the campground. Since we are campers anyway (much closer to home), this should keep the fam happy. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

We're camping the last week of March because it's our grandson's spring break (Florida schools), but we have silver AP's so we're blacked out. This will be a Fort only trip for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter