March 5th, 1 day, 2 parks with teenager advice saught.

Zaz936

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have read several threads for first-timers, but I was wondering if you had ideas on how to organize my day. We are coming Tuesday March 5th (hoping to buy the tickets in 2 days as the website doesn't open that date yet), my 16yrs old and I, from Paris. We'll arrive on the RER A. The parks seems to open for us at 9h30. How early do we need to there?

We have been to Orlando many times. We want to see the shows and the night fireworks on the Castle. I am not doing the big thrill rides, but my daughter will. Are there single lines? Other general question, are there photopasses photographers?

In terms of planning our day, where should we get started? Above the shows, I see that we should prioritize:

Studios:
- Tower of Terror
- Avengers
- Ratatouille (really looking forward to it)
- Crush Coaster (daugther only)
- RC Racer

Park:
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Phantom Manor
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Indiana Jones
- Space mountain
- Explore the castle & the dragon

What is the order I should do the rides in?

Thank you,

Isabelle

Out of everything Crush Coaster will jump to 90 minutes from park open and pretty much stay that high all day.

Other than that, use the app to check wait times and do the rides when wait times are manageable for you. Pirates and Phantom Manor dont get high wait times like they do in the American parks.

First question, where are you trying to buy your tickets? Sales on the website and in the app are open till end of September for tickets.

I would be there between 8.30 and 9.00.

Yes, some rides have single rider lines. Sometimes in low season these might be closed, Space Mountain is the one who often closes its single rider line.
According to the app 8 single rider lines available.
- Ratatouille.
- Spiderman WEB
- Avengers Assemble
- Crush Coaster
- RC Racer
- Soldier drop
- Indiana Jones
- Space Mountain

I would single rider lines where possible to be as efficient as possible. Crush is your biggest obstacle, even with single riders it can take 45-60 minutes. If you have the money, this is the best ride to get value for money in buying a Premier Access pass.

There are photopass photographers available at inside characters, sometimes at outside characters. Unless you are lucky, there are no photopass photographers at landmark like the castle or Big Thunder Mountain. You might run into some photographers for magic shots.

Start in the Studios, with Crush, do Avengers during lunch. And then cross over to the other park, I would check the app where to go. Use parade time to ride Big Thunder Mountain. Unless you love shows of course :)

I am also going to the parks soon (February 20 for me) for one day, both parks, with a teenager (well, she's only 11 but she acts like a teenager lol). We are also staying in Paris and taking the RER train in just for the day.

We have already bought our tickets and bought the Premier Access plan. The Premier Access was super-expensive, but we wanted the peace of mind of being able to do what we want without having to worry about long queues or the a la carte option. Since we are doing both parks in one day, without early access, we figured it was worth it.

The a la carte Premier Access option could also make sense, for rides like Crush that will have long waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter