March 2nd, 2019 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Fantasy from Port Canaveral, Florida

Hi Everyone! Just booked up on our first Disney Cruise for my 'big' 40th birthday! Just the three of us (me, DH and DD who will be 3!).. very excited but it seems aaaages away! Lots of planning in the meantime :)

Awesome! My husband and I are bringing our daughter who will also be three!! Maybe they'll become buddies.

Hi Jess,
Thanks for starting up our fish extender. This is our second cruise with Disney. We signed up, but I have a few questions. Do you create/buy 1 gift per cabin per day? So 70 gifts for our cruise? I guess I just need rules clarification. Thanks again. I cant wait!!!

It's up to you what you would like to do. People generally do just 1 day of gifts delivered when they have time during the cruise. Whether it's a shared gift for the cabin, individual gifts for each person in the cabin or a combo of both is up to you. (In other words, people generally do not do a new gift every day. I think it would be awfully time consuming to run around the ship every day delivering items.) I hope that is a clear enough explanation. If you search for fish extender threads on the main DCL board you will find lots of info on this. The idea of having our group have no rules was to eliminate some of the stress that specific dollar limits or requirements for gifts have caused people.

It's up to you what you would like to do. People generally do just 1 day of gifts delivered when they have time during the cruise. Whether it's a shared gift for the cabin, individual gifts for each person in the cabin or a combo of both is up to you. (In other words, people generally do not do a new gift every day. I think it would be awfully time consuming to run around the ship every day delivering items.) I hope that is a clear enough explanation. If you search for fish extender threads on the main DCL board you will find lots of info on this. The idea of having our group have no rules was to eliminate some of the stress that specific dollar limits or requirements for gifts have caused people.
Thanks, that was my main question.

[QUOTE=" FYI we have 8 cabins signed up currently.[/QUOTE]

That is awesome! I am so excited to get started on gifts :)

It seems like there's enough interest in a fish extender for us to coordinate our own group. Are people interested in doing that? If so, I am happy to coordinate.
Hey there! I submitted my form to join this group a couple of months ago and just wanted to make sure you got it.

Hey there! I submitted my form to join this group a couple of months ago and just wanted to make sure you got it.

Yep! You are on the list. I will email everyone with a list of group attendees after the final payment date (which is getting closer, yay!). I will also post here when I email everyone, so that send that email to make sure I haven't missed anyone.

For others who are interested, there is still time to sign up. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...bNjXTWQad_oW3g2XY-qWwZjA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Ok 2019 cruisers! It's official that we've started booking and lots of us chose 3.2.19 and a 7-day western caribbean on the Fantasy.

Let's connect, let's chat, let's see who all will be on board!
We are cruising for the 3rd time on the Disney fantasy and we would like to join a fish hanger gift group. Does anyone know how we do that?

We are cruising for the 3rd time on the Disney fantasy and we would like to join a fish hanger gift group. Does anyone know how we do that?
We set up a dis specific fish extender group that you can sign up for using the Google forms link in my last post, just above yours. There's also a group for our cruise on a certain popular social networking site.

Just a fish extender update now that we are approaching the final payment date. (Yay!)

On December 2, I will send out an email to everyone who has signed up using the google form to confirm they still want to participate. (If you do not get an email from me on December 2, that means I didn't receive your sign up and you should message me). I will then put together a spreadsheet of everyone participating and send that out by email to the group.

In the meantime, if you would like to join the fish extender, you can still do so here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...bNjXTWQad_oW3g2XY-qWwZjA/viewform?usp=sf_link

I am excited to book activities tomorrow. I hope Star Wars activities are still available. My son is going to be disappointed if he can't whack Darth Vader with a light saber. (He says Vader "is really going to get it.")

I sent an email out to everyone who has signed up for the fish extender group a few minutes ago. If I did not email you, that means I did not receive your sign up. DM me and I will make sure you are added.

Thank you!

Do you know what time the booking will be available? I thought fast passes would be at midnight but they weren't available til like 8:00am.

Do you know what time the booking will be available? I thought fast passes would be at midnight but they weren't available til like 8:00am.
Maybe there was a website issue? We went to WDW in May and were able to book our fast passes at midnight of the day the window opened.

From what I've read on the boards, people have been able to reserve activities at midnight of their booking day and they were able to check in the day before the booking window. I am planning to log in early Saturday evening to see if it will let me enter passports and all that. Hopefully at midnight all I will need to do is pick activities. Having to accurately type numbers that late at night is beyond my capabilities.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to their MyDisneyCruise website? I want to be sure that I have no issues logging later today to check-in and make activity selections.

I still have no idea what excursions to do. Any recommendations for a 4yo, 9 & 12 yo, and 78 yo grandma, along with myself and DH? As of right now, grandma claims she doesn't want to do any of the excursions. I'm sure she would if we booked something, but we may have to leave her to relax on her own.

There was a nice kids dolphin adventure that we considered and they have an observer for that so all of the kiddos and you guys could swim with the dolphins and grandma could watch. It was on cozumel. We considered it because it was the only one our 3 yr old could do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter