March 2nd, 2019 7-Night Western Caribbean Disney Fantasy from Port Canaveral, Florida

Thanks Khertz!

So is anyone planning on dressing up for SWDAS? I hadn't thought about it until we booked on board and the person at the desk was talking about how everyone dresses up. We are totally game for it just the extra luggage is a pain.

We are planning to dress up, but nothing too elaborate. And I told my son he can only bring his collapsible light saber -- not the big giant ones.

Hi All! So excited for this cruise! This will be the 3rd Disney cruise for my family (husband and 15yo son) and our first Western Caribbean cruise. Super excited to sail again and for Star Wars at sea! Has anyone started discussion for creating a fish extender group? We participated in one our last cruise and it was so much fun!!!

I haven't seen any posts here about a fish extender, but we would be on board if there was one.

I haven't seen any posts here about a fish extender, but we would be on board if there was one.

I believe they have started one over on a facebook group. There seems to be quite a few people that are over there. The group doesn't seem to talk very much....but then again, facebook may be limiting what I am seeing and I just haven't gone an checked for awhile :)

As far a dress up, I bought some star wars fabric, so I will probably just make a cute themed tank top, or something simple.

Has anybody looked into excursions? Do you guys know what you are going to do in the different ports?

I am cruising with my sister and 11 year old niece and was looking for a fish extender for this cruise. We did it on the Dream in December of 2016 with my niece and her younger sister actually, to be truthful they are my grand nieces, they enjoyed coming back to the rooms all excited to see what new treasure was awaiting them.

I joined the Facebook group for this cruise as strega suggested and they are doing fish extenders.

Has anybody looked into excursions? Do you guys know what you are going to do in the different ports?

I booked a private driver in cozumel. We are thinking of doing the submarine in Grand Cayman. I am undecided on Jamaica. I am stuck between Good Hope Estate and a resort day pass.

We are planning to dress up, but nothing too elaborate. And I told my son he can only bring his collapsible light saber -- not the big giant ones.

We just booked & would also be very interested!

I am cruising with my sister and 11 year old niece and was looking for a fish extender for this cruise. We did it on the Dream in December of 2016 with my niece and her younger sister actually, to be truthful they are my grand nieces, they enjoyed coming back to the rooms all excited to see what new treasure was awaiting them.
We are looking for fish extenders too... My daughter is 11 as well! We are on deck 10 aft, u?

We booked ages ago, but my DH just got the week off approved!! Cruising with DH, DD12, DD9, DS3, & MIL. We are excited to go on another Disney Cruise!!

We plan to dress up for everything (SWDAS, Pirates, ...). And Mardi Gras day is the Tuesday of our cruise, so we'll do something for that as well--we're New Orleanians, so we have to dress up for Mardi Gras! Anyone know whether the crew plans any events for Mardi Gras?

We'd participate in a FE group. We are not on FB, so I am in the dark with what's going on there.

Laissez le bon temps roulez!!!!!

It seems like there's enough interest in a fish extender for us to coordinate our own group. Are people interested in doing that? If so, I am happy to coordinate.

It seems like there's enough interest in a fish extender for us to coordinate our own group. Are people interested in doing that? If so, I am happy to coordinate.
Thank you for offering to organize a FE group!! I’m interested.

Since there is interest in a DIS FE group, I have set up a google form for our sailing. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...bNjXTWQad_oW3g2XY-qWwZjA/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you would like to join our FE group, please fill in the form. (If your family has more than 1 cabin, please register each cabin separately). Once we have at least 5 cabins signed up, I will post here to let everyone know that the FE group is a go. I will close enrollment in the group the week after the paid in full date for our cruise (December 2, 2019) and email an FE roster to participants. To keep things manageable, the maximum number of cabins in the FE group will be 12. If we wind up with more than 12 interested cabins, I will divide us into multiple groups.

If you experience any issues with the google form, please let me know. I am very excited to participate in an FE on our cruise!

We have two cabins with just two adults in them, do you mind if we sign up for the FE? or do you want families only? We had signed up on the facebook FE group, but we decided not to do it over there. We would love to join one off of the disboards. Do you realize we are past the 6 month mark! I am soooo excited!

We have two cabins with just two adults in them, do you mind if we sign up for the FE? or do you want families only? We had signed up on the facebook FE group, but we decided not to do it over there. We would love to join one off of the disboards. Do you realize we are past the 6 month mark! I am soooo excited!

It's open to everyone, so please do sign up if you are interested.

ETA: I do check my DCL app every morning to count down the days to our trip and I was very excited when we got to the 182 mark (under 6 months). I am glad to know someone else was also tracking that milestone.

Last edited:
Hello! Discovered some school days off and rebooked to this cruise from a 3 day...first time on Fantasy, fifth overall.

I am new to posting but I've been stalking the disboards forever. I just signed up for the FE group and I'm very excited for our cruise.

Hello! Discovered some school days off and rebooked to this cruise from a 3 day...first time on Fantasy, fifth overall.

Welcome! Very neat you have a break during this time...our spring break isn't until late April....we have no kids going this time, but I work at the school and am taking time off :rolleyes1

Hi Jess,
Thanks for starting up our fish extender. This is our second cruise with Disney. We signed up, but I have a few questions. Do you create/buy 1 gift per cabin per day? So 70 gifts for our cruise? I guess I just need rules clarification. Thanks again. I cant wait!!!

Thanks Khertz!

So is anyone planning on dressing up for SWDAS? I hadn't thought about it until we booked on board and the person at the desk was talking about how everyone dresses up. We are totally game for it just the extra luggage is a pain.

We're Disney bounding on star wars day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts