***March 2020***

ADRs are done, including an afternoon tea with my daughter. I am so excited!
Thought about getting this for my wife and daughter after getting her a bippidy bobbidy boo treatment (cannot believe I just typed those words) since i think you can now do both at the grand floridian but saw mixed reviews.

We will be at Saratoga Springs 3/28-4/3! Our wedding anniversary is 3/31, so we will have dinner at California Grill with our 6 & 4 year old (not exactly romantic, but I'm excited nonetheless).

Planning on zero Disney theme park time for this trip, don't want to battle spring break crowds. Doing a day at SeaWorld (looking forward to Sesame Street), and then plan on doing Winter Summerland miniature golf, pool time, bowling at Disney Springs, resort activities, stuff we never have time for on our other trips. Also planning on the character breakfast at Ravello at Four Seasons!

My husband and I are going Feb 27th thru March 6th at POFQ. We have been at this time before and even though crowded, it was doable. I think Mardi Gras is at that time too. We have gone mid Feb. which was extremely nice about 3 years ago.
But the PP was right! March sounds like it's so far away....sigh....

Oh, we will be celebrating our 51st anniversary :)
Congratulations! We are going March 22-28 and staying at shades of green. It is also my parents' 50th anniversary! Any recommendations for a great family dinner to celebrate with them (myself, DH and DD12)

We'll be there March 20-27 staying at POFQ. We're taking our DD and DSIL and 2 grandkids. Haven't been in about 5 years, so looking for ward to a fun time with everyone.

Congratulations! We are going March 22-28 and staying at shades of green. It is also my parents' 50th anniversary! Any recommendations for a great family dinner to celebrate with them (myself, DH and DD12)

Congratulations to your parents:)
My husband and I aren't "foodies", and we figure you get theme park food at theme parks, so are never upset over meals.
However, for our 50th, we decided on the Boathouse at DS. The food was excellent - makes me hungry just thinking about it!
The service was great, and it was fun looking out the window at the boats and water. It was pricey,, but well worth it. We will probably eat there again this next year.
My husband had 6 years in Army reserves in the Vietnam Era, but has never taken advantage of any service related benefits. He doesn't feel like he deserves anything because he wasn't called up to go to Viet Nam. I wish he wouldn't feel that way. I don't think the military was calling up reserves at that time. He and some friends signed up on a whim before Vietnam was even started. I have wondered about staying at SOG at times, but never looked into it.

So it appears to be a embarrassment of riches for ADRs 6 months ahead. Every character meal I want for my kids is available. Ohana lilo and stitch...crystal palace early...bon voyage..artist point..crazy. cutting it close with the DDP
.might have to get so I can get some booze with all these meals..😉

I just made our ADR's too, and was pleasantly surprised that I got ALL of the ones I wanted and at the Times I wanted, without a problem. I have never, in the past 10 years, had this happen. I wonder if disney's reservations are down at that time of year? We always had one coveted reservation that we could not get on all previous trips. It was a nice, but unexpected, surprise!

Though I haven’t had the pleasure of trying it yet, I have heard nothing but great things about The California Grill at Contemporary Resort for dinner.

May be one to consider - you can even time dinner to coincide with the MK fireworks that evening. Tell your parents you arranged the fireworks show just for them. :)

I just made our ADR's too, and was pleasantly surprised that I got ALL of the ones I wanted and at the Times I wanted, without a problem. I have never, in the past 10 years, had this happen. I wonder if disney's reservations are down at that time of year? We always had one coveted reservation that we could not get on all previous trips. It was a nice, but unexpected, surprise!

Same here!

I was able to get every reservation and time slot we preferred this morning, including Cinderella’s Royal Table on our first day in the parks and two separate reservations (different days) at Oga’s Cantina. Also reserved the Droid Depot build with zero problems.

Now if only the FP+ reservations can go as smoothly... I’m not holding my breath for that to happen, but today was a nice start.

Congrats to those who got all their ADRs! I think they will fill up more quickly for late March than early March. ;)

Does anyone know if Droid Depot and Savi's are like ADRs? Do you have to reserve 180 days out?

10 more days until our reservations open up!!! I think we will be ok to get all of the places we want, but times may be a different story as we are trying to get a reasonable dinner time at Ohana and a few PPO breakfasts.

10 more days until our reservations open up!!! I think we will be ok to get all of the places we want, but times may be a different story as we are trying to get a reasonable dinner time at Ohana and a few PPO breakfasts.
I have been doing minor tweaks (as I will probably do about a thousand more times before the trip) and the only times that have been "iffy" were Artist Point Dinner...either too early or too late. Everything else I want is still aplenty. Good luck!

When does Disney usually announce the dates for F&G? My mom's birthday is that first week so I want to make sure our travel dates coincide with the Festival because it's all we are doing.

Congratulations to your parents:)
My husband and I aren't "foodies", and we figure you get theme park food at theme parks, so are never upset over meals.
However, for our 50th, we decided on the Boathouse at DS. The food was excellent - makes me hungry just thinking about it!
The service was great, and it was fun looking out the window at the boats and water. It was pricey,, but well worth it. We will probably eat there again this next year.
My husband had 6 years in Army reserves in the Vietnam Era, but has never taken advantage of any service related benefits. He doesn't feel like he deserves anything because he wasn't called up to go to Viet Nam. I wish he wouldn't feel that way. I don't think the military was calling up reserves at that time. He and some friends signed up on a whim before Vietnam was even started. I have wondered about staying at SOG at times, but never looked into it.
I am torn between doing a nice restaurant at Disney Springs or going for the California Grill with the fireworks! and your husband should take advantage of any benefit he can. My dad was a cobra helicopter pilot in vietnam and finally finished out with retirement through the Army reserves. He spent a long time not taking advantages of the services and benefits that all who serve, in whatever role, are owed. This will be the first time to SOG for all of us!

Though I haven’t had the pleasure of trying it yet, I have heard nothing but great things about The California Grill at Contemporary Resort for dinner.

May be one to consider - you can even time dinner to coincide with the MK fireworks that evening. Tell your parents you arranged the fireworks show just for them. :)
That sounds like a great option! My parents haven't been to WDW in 30 years so that would be a really fun night! (my husband and I did it about 15 year ago)

We went during spring break last year and it was crowded but if you have a plan totally doable. I'm sure every park will be crowded. I don't know if another day would be any better for HS?? I'm hoping they do the EMMH again as I would totally take advantage.
we did a full week this same week (end of march) 4 years ago and yes, it's crowded, but agree that it is really ok if you either have a plan or just ok with chilling out and waiting in the lines. Our daughter was 7 then so would hit the parks first thing at opening--EMH in the MK were fantastic to walk on rides in fantasyland. Got Fastpasses for late morning. Then went and chilled out in the middle of the day. Then most nights we went back and rode and had a meal. I also tried to schedule most sit down meals at "off" times, like a late breakfast buffet. It worked for us even with that year the week being the one right before Easter. I hope this year is ok as well! we will be doing it again!

I am torn between doing a nice restaurant at Disney Springs or going for the California Grill with the fireworks! and your husband should take advantage of any benefit he can. My dad was a cobra helicopter pilot in vietnam and finally finished out with retirement through the Army reserves. He spent a long time not taking advantages of the services and benefits that all who serve, in whatever role, are owed. This will be the first time to SOG for all of us!

Thanks, bamaqueen, but at this point I think he is too stubborn to try. But I will keep "pushing" it:)
I would love to do CG with fireworks the next time. It sounds awesome. Let us know how you like it please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!