March 2020 rental car

Prices for my 3/14 trip have gone up instead of down. I’m not a Costco member so best rates I can find now are MouseSavers Hertz rate and RentCars.com.

With six weeks to go I've never seen rates this high. In a slight panic .....

There is an Avis code in the February thread that is giving good results.
I got a much better rate using these codes. $300 for March 12-22 for a full size car. I'm picking up the car in Bradenton and dropping it off at Tampa airport. I think it would have been less if it wasn't a different place than I pick it up at. Thanks!

I just booked flight from Ireland ,topresort for the week (not Disney ) and FREE CAR HIRE for $936 cost of hotel alone in Gran Canaries

Book Avis or Budget and Receive a Costco Shop Card
  • CA $ 30 Costco Shop Card
  • CA $ 40 Costco Shop Card with 1 optional equipment purchase
  • CA $ 50 Costco Shop Card with 2 optional equipment purchases
  • Intermediate SUV or higher
  • Book online with Costco Travel from 2/5/20 - 2/10/20
  • While supplies last
  • Valid for rentals from 2/10/20 – 4/30/20
  • Minimum 4-day rental with Saturday night required (max 28)
  • See †Costco Shop Card below for complete details

We have our first price drop! It isn't much, but by switching from Alamo to Budget we are able to save $15, switch to an Intermediate SUV and still get a $30 Costo gift card. It's good to see things moving in the right direction!

Just had a $25 price drop on my Intermediate SUV rental through Alamo (Costco rate) for March 11 - 21. There were even bigger savings if I was willing to switch companies but I really like the convenience and customer service of Alamo so am willing to pay a bit more. This price ($433) is still almost $140 more than I paid last year for the same time period but, at this point, I'm happy for any price decrease at all!

My Costco rate with Alamo dropped $40 today to $327 for a Standard SUV for March 14-21. Still higher than I'd like but it's the first price drop in about 3 months since I originally made the reservation.

No additional drops for me yet. However, I do have a question. Has anybody picked up a car earlier than their original reservation? We changed flights and will be arriving two hours earlier than planned. Changing my rental reservation will increase our rate. What are the chances they'll honor the original rate if it doesn't affect the number of days (24 hour periods)?

My rate dropped again today through Costco for Budget, Standard Size SUV - March 17-24, was $328, now 286. This was cheaper than the price at ALAMO and I have the budget fastbreak. Yay!

My rates dropped significantly this week. I had a reservation for a Premium Crossover (which I only got because it was cheaper than a full size sedan or any other type of SUV) for $410, and last night I booked a Mid-Sized SUV for $286. All of this is with Alamo. March 28th-April 3

Just found a lower rate through AutoSlash for Thrifty and Dollar. For the week of 3/14 - 3/21, Mid-Size $259, Standard $261, Full $263.

RentCars.com has a full size from Thrifty and Dollar for $221 for the same time period.

Last edited:
I got a much better rate using these codes. $300 for March 12-22 for a full size car. I'm picking up the car in Bradenton and dropping it off at Tampa airport. I think it would have been less if it wasn't a different place than I pick it up at. Thanks!
There is a followup post in the February thread from someone who used the code. they report that this is a Corporate code. They picked up and dropped off without any issue. But, it would be a good idea to have a backup.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, saves me over 100$
There is a followup post in the February thread from someone who used the code. they report that this is a Corporate code. They picked up and dropped off without any issue. But, it would be a good idea to have a backup.

i saw, im fine with it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter