March 2019 TR. First time solo with 2 kids.

cbrown1007

Mouseketeer
I'll go by C. I've been to Disney now 6 times. My first time was at age 18, way too late in life! I've always loved everything Disney related, but since being to WDW, I am obsessed. I am a Disney travel agent as well.

I have 2 kids, A is 10 and C is 6.
A has been to WDW 5 times... ages 2 (turned 3 on trip), 4 (turned 5 on trip), 6, 7 and now 10. C has been 4 times... ages 1.5, 3, 4 and 6.

IMG_7957.JPG

I went through a divorce in 2017, so we haven't been to WDW since November 2016. My kids have been dying to go. Especially A. She just loves it.

I finally got the guts to tackle it myself. C has had some behavior problems this year with starting kindergarten, so I kept putting off the trip. I've had it scheduled and had rescheduled it 4 times over the last year. I also was concerned because A likes to ride the big stuff, C doesn't. So I didn't want her to be disappointed to miss all her favorites because her little brother wouldn't ride. So I had to figure that out.

My dad lives in Florida, an hour from Disney, so I decided we'd go visit my dad for a night, then I'd take just A to WDW the next day and leave C with my dad. Then that night I'd meet my dad halfway to get C. And then I'd take both kids to WDW for 2 more days.

I honestly didn't decide to go through with the trip until just the week of the trip. I was so nervous to do it myself. Even though my ex was never much help, it seemed overwhelming to me to do it totally myself.

Plan:
March 16-19
Port Orleans Riverside, Royal Room
3 day park hoppers for me and A
2 days park hopper for C
Dining plan

LINKS...
Day 1
Check in
Animal Kingdom
Magic Kingdom

Last edited:
A loves surprises. So I kept this trip a secret. I told the kids we were going to visit my dad for a weekend. I picked up the kids from my ex on Friday. And we drove to my dad's.

I told A that night that her and I would be going somewhere the next day, just the 2 of us. The next morning I woke her up at 6am. We left at 6:30. She didn't know where we were going. We started passing lots of Disney billboards, so I told her to play on her ipad, and not look up. She did. Then when we got to the famous WDW sign, I had her look up. She was SO excited.

We headed to POR to check in. Huge mix up, so it took us an hour to check in. But the awesome CM working, Doug, gave us 3 fastpasses for each of us for each day and a $50 credit to the room! Those fastpasses were a huge bonus. Our trip wouldn't have been the same without them! (I didn't buy the kids' tickets until the week of the trip, because I was so unsure about going, so we didn't have fastpasses booked for any of us)

Here's my girl so excited, and being ever so patient at check in.
IMG_76811.jpg

With check in done, our room wasn't ready. So we headed off.

Plan was to do Animal Kingdom, so she could do Everest. Background on me, I get motion sickness. I don't do big rides. But I decided I'd do whatever she wanted to do and suck it up. So off we went.
Next we'd do Magic Kingdom for a bit.
Then we'd head to Hollywood Studios for Rock N Roller Coaster and dinner at Hollywood and Vine.

First up AK for Everest.

4d609cd8-dc40-40be-80d7-7cd92a58d191.jpg

IMG_7707.JPG

690a9984-dadd-40c0-8ce6-a14dec248cbd.jpg

Used our first anytime FP.

3074a45b-97c8-42df-9d46-b81098e36c69.jpg

She loved it. I felt nauseous. But we then left AK and headed to Magic Kingdom. Got off the bus at MK and promptly threw up in the bushes. Ugh.

Last edited:
Next we headed to Magic Kingdom. We wanted to see the castle. :)

IMG_76951.jpg

Some photopass pictures. Then Splash Mountain, Pirates, lunch at Pecos Bill, show at the Castle, lunch, ice cream sundaes at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and some shopping.

IMG_7726.JPG

IMG_7718.JPG

IMG_7728.JPG

Good job on the surprise! I'm like you with the thrill rides. I love them but they don't love me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts