*March 2019 Check In*

First spring break trip is nearly booked for us - March 10-16. Cannot wait!!!! It is a celebration for DD3's 5th bday. DD1, DD2 and DS all got to have 5th bday celebrations in park (only DS had his actual bday there), and we are so thrilled to be able to do another trip with our fam. Hoping for good weather (no idea what SoCal is like in March - should we even think about bringing swim suits and hitting the beach?)!

First spring break trip is nearly booked for us - March 10-16. Cannot wait!!!! It is a celebration for DD3's 5th bday. DD1, DD2 and DS all got to have 5th bday celebrations in park (only DS had his actual bday there), and we are so thrilled to be able to do another trip with our fam. Hoping for good weather (no idea what SoCal is like in March - should we even think about bringing swim suits and hitting the beach?)!
No better place to celebrate a birthday than Disneyland! Last time we were there during that time frame was in 2016. We had a mixed bag of weather, some pouring rain, some overcast days, and some warm sunny (70ish degree) days. I do have pictures of my kids in the pool one night when it was 58 degrees outside, so if your kids are as crazy as mine, bring swimsuits.

For those of you who are ready for reservations, whatcha got goin' on?

I'm really hoping for the Lamplight for March 25. We'll see though. There are 5 of us and I heard it's practically impossible to get a table for 5 since most of them are 4-tops. I know a few people have said to do a 2 and a 3, but with 3 of our party being kids, I'm just not sure it's worth splitting. If we don't do Lamplight, we'll possibly do a meal at Carnation on March 26. In all our trips, my kids have never eaten there even though when I was a kid, it was the go-to place in my family. Generally, we'll keep to QS restaurants though just to save some money and time.

My son and I will be there for a short trip, half day on 7th, full day on the 8th and part day on 9th. Kind of excited to go with just the two of us!

I'm really hoping for the Lamplight for March 25. We'll see though. There are 5 of us and I heard it's practically impossible to get a table for 5 since most of them are 4-tops. I know a few people have said to do a 2 and a 3, but with 3 of our party being kids, I'm just not sure it's worth splitting. If we don't do Lamplight, we'll possibly do a meal at Carnation on March 26. In all our trips, my kids have never eaten there even though when I was a kid, it was the go-to place in my family. Generally, we'll keep to QS restaurants though just to save some money and time.

If you book a reservation for Lamplight right when they become available at the 60-day mark, you shouldn’t have trouble getting a reservation for 5. I booked for a party of 5 for dinner for 2/28, and there were still plenty of other times available for our party size. I got up super early to book as soon as the reservations opened up for that day. I did the same thing for 3/1 at Blue Bayou because I needed a table for 8 right when they opened. Got that no problem, too!

Mar 25-27, staying at GC. Husband, adult grandson, me. This year's twist: hosting brother- and sister-in-law, both in 70s, he with wheelchair. My first experience with wheels! Whee!

DH & I will be there with my BIL and SIL 3/9-11 without kids! Staying at Grand Legacy across the street for the first time. We have reservations at Carthay Circle and Napa Rose and plan on getting a drink at Trader Sam's. Can't wait for adult time at Disney! :cool1:

We will be there March 11th,12th,14th and 15th. It will be my family's first trip to Disneyland. I went when I was 12 but havent been back since. It will be my DW, DS(12), DS (10), DS (8), DS (7) and DD 8 months first time and we are really excited. 47 days to go and we have started the packing process lol!

No better place to celebrate a birthday than Disneyland! Last time we were there during that time frame was in 2016. We had a mixed bag of weather, some pouring rain, some overcast days, and some warm sunny (70ish degree) days. I do have pictures of my kids in the pool one night when it was 58 degrees outside, so if your kids are as crazy as mine, bring swimsuits.

My kids are fairly crazy. I bet if the sun is shining at least ONE of them will want to swim regardless of temp! We will have at least one afternoon outside of the park, so I'll remind them all to pack the swimsuits :D Honestly I'm just excited we are driving and have room for a range of clothes and not stressing about cramming everything in suitcases for flying. Swim suits, shorts, long pants, tee shirts, sweatshirts, windbreakers, umbrellas.... seems like we'll have to have 'em all this trip!

booked up our reservations this morning! there's only two, but still lol. after seeing all the foods for the mickey celebration we decided it will basically be a food trip. THERE'S SO MANY CHURROS! we might need to bump up our food budget to $500 for the trip.

My girlfriend and I will be there March 3-8. We planned this trip around '90s nite, which means I have a few more weeks to figure out what I'm going to wear that night. I have so many Disney T-shirts, but they're almost all park themed, or for The Little Mermaid (1980s) or Tangled (2000s). It's also our first time staying at The Grand Californian, the only one of the 3 Disneyland properties that I haven't stayed at.

Silly Symphony Swings are on the refurb calendar starting 3/4.

Doh! I *just* finished telling one of my littles that she's finally tall enough to go on the swings. Ooops! But in positive news, when my 9 yr old heard F! was going to be down while we are there, she resourcefully said 'no problem mom!' and pulled up the Disney Now on-demand video of it for her little sister who has never seen it live. They are so excited for the trip!

My girlfriend and I will be there March 3-8. We planned this trip around '90s nite, which means I have a few more weeks to figure out what I'm going to wear that night. I have so many Disney T-shirts, but they're almost all park themed, or for The Little Mermaid (1980s) or Tangled (2000s). It's also our first time staying at The Grand Californian, the only one of the 3 Disneyland properties that I haven't stayed at.

I'm going to 90s nite too!

I was just cleaning out my closet this past weekend. Found my black 'zero' t-shirt. The skater t-shirt that the smashing pumpkins guy was known for wearing. Might wear that and a flannel shirt tied around my waist. Sounds pretty 90s to me.

AprilJ26 posted this in the space mountain refurb thread --

I sent an email to see if an end date was anticipated for the space mountain refurb. I told them we planned to be in the parks March 12-15 and just wanted to see if the refurb would be lengthy or possibly a short one. I received an email back today. Here is the info I received. Just wanted to share.

Jan 20, 6:41 PM EST

Thank you for contacting the Disneyland® Resort in Southern California!

I am sorry to hear that Space Mountain will be under refurbishment during your visit. While no public date has been released yet for when it will be back open, I can tell you that we anticipate it to be back in the middle of March. While I don't want to discourage you from visiting on the dates you are planning to come, I can say that most likely you would not be able to go on Space Mountain for those dates.

We encourage you to come in late March or even April to play it safe if this attraction is paramount to your visit as refurbishments are sometimes unpredictable in terms of when they will come back online for an exact date.... allow me to explain a little more. Safety is our number one concern and we are very big on preventative maintenance. During this refurbishment our Walt Disney Imagineering along with our Leaders in Maintenance and Safety will do a full inspection of the attraction, while we have planned for specific things to be done to it, it is possible that other things may arise during the refurbishment, things that are still in passing condition but would need to get replaced 6 months down the line, for example, would be replaced while it was already offline for the existing refurbishment to prevent another time of it coming offline and to ensure the utmost safety for our Guests.

I know that was a very long explanation, but hopefully, it gives you a little insight into why we do not have an exact date yet. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Have a Magical day!

Hoping I'm close enough to the end of the month, but it's all up in the air.

I'm heading to the Grand for a conference Mar4-9. I'm taking my two sons who where at Disneyland 5 years ago. I'm also attending this conference with a friend. She's bringing her 3 girls and husband along too. We are all huge disney fans and went to Disney World together two years. They've never been to Disneyland. I do have to say I'm very sad about the the refrib/closed rides! I just read space mountain is on the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter