March 2017 - Spring Break/Flower & Garden

Disneylvr

Always Disney Dreaming!
We are just 4 days back from our latest WDW adventure and ready to plan the next. We will never go in September again, TOO HOT! We will take crowds over heat and humidity.

I know it is a bit early, but is anyone else planning for March 2017? We are looking at the ASMusic family suite, two rooms at POP, a suite at AoA or renting DVC points but have lots of time for planning. Join in with your plans!

Hi Disneylvr count DD and I in. I agree about the humidity having spent too many summers at Disney when my girls were in school. My yongest DD is attending college in Florida and we got to go last March during her Spring Break. Other than Thanksgiving it is my favorite time to travel. I couldn't believe the weather, warm every day in the low 80's and less humidity. That's what made it so much more enjoyable.

We are booked for this March as well though her spring break is later this year the week before Easter. I'm sure the crowds will be heavier but I don't care because the weather's going to be perfect.
I look forward to all the planning. Nothing helps you get over the saddness of leaving Disney then planning for your next trip :cool1:

My DS, DM and I will be there for my sons spring break mid-March. It's been a couple of years and we all need a fix! So far planning on CBR but this far out that will probably change a few times. Hahaha Waiting with baited breath for when I can book. We are also possibly doing land and sea for the first time.

Last edited:
We are doing last week of March and part of the first week of April. So excited! Do we have a FB group yet?

We recently went to Disney for Spring Break back in March. We are planning for spring break 2017. Surprisingly the crowds were not to be this year. We went to Magic Kingdom on Sunday and crowds were so much lighter.

We are planning the middle of March 2017! We are so excited! We usually go every year but this year we had other financial things come up and couldn't swing going to Disney. We are still waiting for Disney to release the 2017 packages so we can decide on a resort! We are considering AKL, BC/YC, CR, WL, & Poly. AKL is at the top of our list though, but it really depends on what the prices look like for each resort. I can't wait to book the trip so I can start to have some things down in concrete and then come September I can book all our ADRs that we decide on. Now its just a HUGE waiting game...I hate waiting I am not a very patient person, lol

We are planning a trip for the end of March. I'll be in Orlando for a conference so we are planning to have my DH and sons and our Moms fly down and meet me for another week. I am thinking about CBR, we did AOA suite last year

Anxiously awaiting resort bookings to become available for March so I have an idea of pricing to expect! I have a Wonder 4 day cruise booked for March with my baby sister and I want to turn it into an eight day adventure. Our last sisters only trip before her graduation from college so I want to do it right.

I will have one night by myself, one night before the cruise and two nights after where we will do a single day at Magic Kingdom. I plan to try at least three hotels...so many disney resorts on my bucket list, I can't resist! I want to do at least one deluxe (leaning towards Animal Kingdom or the Boardwalk resort. Would love to do both, but having trouble figuring out how to make four separate hotels work!). I am leaning towards Coronado Springs my first night (solo) since they have a fitness center and a hot tub so I can be entertained while alone. We also have to get at least one night in at the Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid rooms..it is our favorite Disney movie and my hubby has no interest in staying in an Ariel room. Hopefully rooms are released in June so I can start budgeting now.

Our dates are set DD and I will be there 3/10-3/19 staying at the Beach Club :cloud9:
So happy her Spring Break is earlier this year and Easter is in April.

There is a 50% chance I will go in March. During DD's Spring Break which is the 3rd week of March. How long does this festival last?
Have no idea where we will stay as the FL res. discount rates haven't been released yet. I probably won't know until the end of this year though if we can even go.

I just booked for March! Well....technically, I just booked our airfare! So, we are definitely going, but I have no idea where we will be staying or dining...but we're going! Stressy part is I am 14 days away from our 180 date. I need to make a decision, which for some reason is impossible. I fill out all the information and right before I click complete reservation, I shut it down to think some more. We were suppose to go in May or September, but I just found out, Labor Day weekend, my niece will be in the 3pm parade on April 1st and 2nd, so we changed our plans. I had no idea the price difference was so huge between when we usually go and the end of March. So...I decided to stay at POFQ to keep within our original budget, but my husband told me to go ahead and book a deluxe. I just cant justify the extra $2K for a week, but every time I think, thats it, just book POFQ I picture us in the boat every night going to my favorite restaurants at Epcot from Beach or Yacht Club. Poly is out. That was even more $$$.

I just booked for March! Well....technically, I just booked our airfare! So, we are definitely going, but I have no idea where we will be staying or dining...but we're going! Stressy part is I am 14 days away from our 180 date. I need to make a decision, which for some reason is impossible. I fill out all the information and right before I click complete reservation, I shut it down to think some more. We were suppose to go in May or September, but I just found out, Labor Day weekend, my niece will be in the 3pm parade on April 1st and 2nd, so we changed our plans. I had no idea the price difference was so huge between when we usually go and the end of March. So...I decided to stay at POFQ to keep within our original budget, but my husband told me to go ahead and book a deluxe. I just cant justify the extra $2K for a week, but every time I think, thats it, just book POFQ I picture us in the boat every night going to my favorite restaurants at Epcot from Beach or Yacht Club. Poly is out. That was even more $$$.

Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge aren't AS expensive as the Epcot resorts, lol...at least when I crunched the numbers they weren't...thats how we decided on AKL. We have stayed Contemporary and Grand Floridian before but when I crunched those numbers for next year I was like what the heck! They were way way way more than what I wanted to spend, but of course I have a 3yr old now (who we didn't have to pay for before) and a 10yr old (that graduated to the Disney adult status), so that could be why my eyes bugged out of my head when I ran the numbers, lol. We always get deluxe dining as well and honestly deluxe dining is pretty much 3/4 of the price, lol...if we didn't have to pay for that it would be A LOT cheaper, but they we would wind up paying for everything down the road anyways so might as well pay upfront with everything, lol. POFQ looks like a really awesome moderate resort but if it came down to POFQ or Beach Club, I think I would have to choose Beach Club. Beach Club's pool would win me over hands down. Plus being able to take a boat to Epcot to go to all those different restaurants or to be able to walk to Hollywood Studios or Epcot seems so awesome. Beach Club is definitely on my Disney bucket list, lol. When my kids get a little older and I want to spend more time at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, then thats when we will stay at Beach Club.

Our dates are set DD and I will be there 3/10-3/19 staying at the Beach Club :cloud9:
So happy her Spring Break is earlier this year and Easter is in April.
Just made our families reservation for the same dates:) We will be arriving at POR late on the 9th, it will actually be the 10th by the time we check-in:car: thru the 19th:cool1: Got a good TA exclusive deal and will be making our CRT reservation tomorrow:)

Hello! We are planning a Spring Break Trip in 2017! We have NEVER gone in typical "busy" seasons...always September/October/November...so I am a bit nervous of the crowds. We never had a problem taking the kids out of school but now that they are older and my youngest just got moved into High Ability classes, I can't see letting them miss school. They would never catch up! We are going the last week of March (if this all plays out like I want it) and thinking about trying All Star Movies. We usually stay moderate and deluxe but we'd like to possibly take another small vacation in the summer. Only doing 5 nights so our days will be spent in the parks (not too much hotel time) so I think it will be fine. Any thoughts on crowd levels that time of year? Thanks!

Hello all! I'm trying to plan my first trip with just me and a friend! Spring Break for us sounds pretty good. I'm using a bounceback offer from my August trip. We haven't booked /yet/ but we're very close. Second week of March should be pretty decent, AND F&G Festival!! Cannot wait!

Hello all! I'm trying to plan my first trip with just me and a friend! Spring Break for us sounds pretty good. I'm using a bounceback offer from my August trip. We haven't booked /yet/ but we're very close. Second week of March should be pretty decent, AND F&G Festival!! Cannot wait!
I am a little confused:confused3 bounceback offers have to be done while you are still staying onsite at WDW.

Last edited:
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge aren't AS expensive as the Epcot resorts, lol...at least when I crunched the numbers they weren't...thats how we decided on AKL. We have stayed Contemporary and Grand Floridian before but when I crunched those numbers for next year I was like what the heck! They were way way way more than what I wanted to spend, but of course I have a 3yr old now (who we didn't have to pay for before) and a 10yr old (that graduated to the Disney adult status), so that could be why my eyes bugged out of my head when I ran the numbers, lol. We always get deluxe dining as well and honestly deluxe dining is pretty much 3/4 of the price, lol...if we didn't have to pay for that it would be A LOT cheaper, but they we would wind up paying for everything down the road anyways so might as well pay upfront with everything, lol. POFQ looks like a really awesome moderate resort but if it came down to POFQ or Beach Club, I think I would have to choose Beach Club. Beach Club's pool would win me over hands down. Plus being able to take a boat to Epcot to go to all those different restaurants or to be able to walk to Hollywood Studios or Epcot seems so awesome. Beach Club is definitely on my Disney bucket list, lol. When my kids get a little older and I want to spend more time at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, then thats when we will stay at Beach Club.

My daughter decided! It was Beach Club, but they had no standard / garden rooms available and I didnt want to pay the $$$ for Lagoon view, so we made our reservation in a garden room at the Yacht Club. Im sooo glad we did. It was one of the few Deluxe resorts that offered the 25% off when the promo came out a couple of weeks later. Then I got a pincode for 30% off (extra 5% from what I already had). The Poly only offered 10% off and POFQ was 15%. I have stayed in plenty of resorts, but as I said earlier, its usually September/early Oct or May. We typically spend around $6000 - $6500 for 8 - 9 nights, monorail resort, deluxe dining and tix w/ hopper and water parks. This time we are going at the end of March and spending the same for 7 night at a non-monorail resort.

My bucket list hotel is Wilderness Lodge during Christmas season. If March is this expensive, I can even imagine Christmas week! Ive stayed at WL before, but not during the holidays and all the pictures I see are AMAZING.

My daughter decided! It was Beach Club, but they had no standard / garden rooms available and I didnt want to pay the $$$ for Lagoon view, so we made our reservation in a garden room at the Yacht Club. Im sooo glad we did. It was one of the few Deluxe resorts that offered the 25% off when the promo came out a couple of weeks later. Then I got a pincode for 30% off (extra 5% from what I already had). The Poly only offered 10% off and POFQ was 15%. I have stayed in plenty of resorts, but as I said earlier, its usually September/early Oct or May. We typically spend around $6000 - $6500 for 8 - 9 nights, monorail resort, deluxe dining and tix w/ hopper and water parks. This time we are going at the end of March and spending the same for 7 night at a non-monorail resort.

My bucket list hotel is Wilderness Lodge during Christmas season. If March is this expensive, I can even imagine Christmas week! Ive stayed at WL before, but not during the holidays and all the pictures I see are AMAZING.

We are staying at the Yacht Club too with the Disney Visa discount. We were originally booked at BC but made the switch for the better discount. We have stayed at the BWI before and the location can't be beat especially during the Flower & Garden festival.

I am a little confused:confused3 bounceback offers have to be done while you are still staying onsite at WDW.

How Do I Book a Bounce Back Offer?
If you decide that a bounce back offer sounds amazing, call the phone number listed on the flyer while you’re still on vacation (this is important, it expires when you leave). The cast member who assists you should ask for a code from the offer paperwork. You will need to give a deposit to secure the discount price, which is $200.00 for a package including free dining with the balance due 45 days prior to arrival. If the discount is for a room only offer, you will need to give a deposit equal to one night’s room rate, with the balance due at date of check in.
The catch is that you have to call before midnight of your checkout date.

What Happens if I Need to Change My Dates?
The future is never certain and sometimes things come up. Naturally, you can cancel any Disney vacation for a full refund as long as you’re not inside the 45-day cancellation window. But what if you just want to move your vacation a week forward or back, or add or subtract days from it? Are you still about to keep your Bounce Back offer? As the flyer didn’t specify, I looked into the matter and found that guests can move their Disney vacation to another valid “Bounce Back Offer” date provided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!