March 2016 Pre Trip and Trip reports

On the backside of the WL resort next to the lake, the construction of the cabins was in full force.

Not sure which one it is going to be, but when we took the small boat over to the Contemporary to catch the monorail, the boat captain told us they are either doing cabins or teepee's for the DVC at Wilderness lodge. Dw scolded me for looking at construction while on vacation.

Doing great Ed. One question, there was still a lot of construction going on at Disney Springs in October, is it still the great rat maze of construction walls?

Man, can't believe that the Great One's trip is almost over with.

Sorry about being rained out of the games. The rain messed up a lot of plans this week. We really wanted to try the putt putt and rent canoes, but it rained the days we had those planned. Will have to try next time.

For next time, where do you park to play putt putt?

There is parking at the courses. For Winter Summerland, passing Coronado Springs there is the big left lane turn for Blizzard Beach and WS is the next left turn. It's a small lot but separate.

Bama Ed

Doing great Ed. One question, there was still a lot of construction going on at Disney Springs in October, is it still the great rat maze of construction walls?

Man, can't believe that the Great One's trip is almost over with.

Yes, the blue walls are still there. Felt like cattle going to market, lol. Much less crowded during the day. Hopefully soon, they said late spring, they should come down.

Oh boy. It is coming. High and dry in Cosmic Ray's. Glad we got Splash Mtn in just now.

Screenshot_2016-03-29-15-40-26.png

20160329_161541.jpg Boy it is COMING down. :umbrella: Windy too with lightning. Looking across the bridge towards Casey's Hotdogs. Bama Ed.

PS - 430pm (50 min since i posted the radar). Wind and lightning have died down. Now just a steady rain. No plans or FP until dinner ADR at BOG.

Last edited:

I always complain that I am never in any photos because I always take the pictures. DH emailed this to me to prove me wrong....yes that's me sitting in the chair, the person you can barely see, and it's only the back of my head!!! You can see more of the dog than me, lol. At least it's a really nice shot of our site.
fw march 2016.jpg

Sorry I missed you bama_ed, we were out doing the parks. I could really use your guidance. My navigator for the over night trip is on his last legs so to speak. Bobblehead Steamboat Mickey did a great job of getting me south, but the Florida sun and heat has taken its toll. Instead of being up straight and his head bobbling along in the right direction. Right now he is doing a great job of the limbo, but I fear he will be in full resting position by the time we head home. I might need a replacement or else I'll have to stay here.

Mickey_Limbo.JPG

Nov 1975 FW 500 Loop 3 Nights.......Jun 1977 Off-Property 5 Nights.....Jul 1993 Off-Property 7 Nights
Jul 1995 Dixie Landings 7 Nights.......Jul 2003 FW 1400 Loop 7 Nights.....Jun 2006 DL Off-property 7 Nights
Jul 2006 FW 900 Loop 12 Nights.......Jul 2009 FW 1300 Loop 14 Nights....Mar 2010 DL Paradise Pier 8 Nights
Mar 2011 FW 1300 Loop 11 Nights....Mar 2013 FW 1300 Loop 10 Nights.....Mar 2014 FW 1300 Loop 12 Nights
Mar 2015 FW 1300 Loop 9 Nights

***2008 Chevy Express Conversion Van / 2007 Coleman Bayside***
Upgraded to
### 2015 Ram 2500 Diesel MegaCab / 2016 Keystone Cougar 326RDS ###
55 foot long when hooked up!

Sorry I missed you bama_ed, we were out doing the parks. I could really use your guidance. My navigator for the over night trip is on his last legs so to speak. Bobblehead Steamboat Mickey did a great job of getting me south, but the Florida sun and heat has taken its toll. Instead of being up straight and his head bobbling along in the right direction. Right now he is doing a great job of the limbo, but I fear he will be in full resting position by the time we head home. I might need a replacement or else I'll have to stay here.

View attachment 159040

Nov 1975 FW 500 Loop 3 Nights.......Jun 1977 Off-Property 5 Nights.....Jul 1993 Off-Property 7 Nights
Jul 1995 Dixie Landings 7 Nights.......Jul 2003 FW 1400 Loop 7 Nights.....Jun 2006 DL Off-property 7 Nights
Jul 2006 FW 900 Loop 12 Nights.......Jul 2009 FW 1300 Loop 14 Nights....Mar 2010 DL Paradise Pier 8 Nights
Mar 2011 FW 1300 Loop 11 Nights....Mar 2013 FW 1300 Loop 10 Nights.....Mar 2014 FW 1300 Loop 12 Nights
Mar 2015 FW 1300 Loop 9 Nights

***2008 Chevy Express Conversion Van / 2007 Coleman Bayside***
Upgraded to
### 2015 Ram 2500 Diesel MegaCab / 2016 Keystone Cougar 326RDS ###
55 foot long when hooked up!

Dock that mouse a days pay for nappin on the job...

Ed, get ready for more of the same when you get home. Around here they are giving us flash flood watches tomorrow into Thursday. Possibly 2-5 inches before it is over with.

Dock that mouse a days pay for nappin on the job...
:rotfl2:

I think that's a much more "PC" version of that "Quote".

I love it though. It gave me a nice laugh early in the morning. Thanks!

PS - I wonder how many will figure out where the quote (albeit modified) came from?

Back from the Fort and online! Wow! What a week in a tent! I have never experienced such winds and downpours than at the Fort in our tent. A lot of folks cleared out on Easter Sunday, even more on Monday, and the tent site (loop 2000) quieted down. The first few nights there was much celebration and music until around midnight, but the more mild-mannered remained after Easter. I'll add photos in a later post. Come next November, we are changing to a preferred site- I'm looking forward to that for sure!

Back in the road heading home. Thankfully able to take down camp without rain although we just went through a 10 min blinding thunderstorm on the turnpike.

Last night was gloriously quiet. Our loop was more than half empty so not sure if that was due to throwaway sites or just that it wasn't sold out for spring break. This beauty spent one night.
View attachment 158624

On the way out, the calliope(?) that is usually in the horse barn was being trucked out; I wonder where it was going as it must be a pretty cool event to have that playing.

It was great to meet bama_ed - first time I've met a person from the Internet:). It was a pleasure to tak to his family and spend time with someone who gets a love of the Fort.

We're coming back in July and New Year and now waiting to see if the kids have overlapping spring breaks next year to come back.
Aww! I saw your VW! We were a little further down the loop. I noticed it parked in the lot on Tuesday too- hard to miss that beauty! I was able to educate my child on my youth and the ways of life in the 70's thanks to your VW... hope you arrived home safely.

Aww! I saw your VW! We were a little further down the loop. I noticed it parked in the lot on Tuesday too- hard to miss that beauty! I was able to educate my child on my youth and the ways of life in the 70's thanks to your VW... hope you arrived home safely.

I noticed that towards your side of the loop next to the bathroom there was a big party going on Saturday night. The two sites on either side of the bathrooms had competing parties going on!!

Home finally.

Wouldnt you know today was beautiful at the Fort today when i left at 11am. Pizza and cabernet tonight and i will wrap up my visit tomorrow. No rain on the wY home but it is coming tonight.

Bama Ed

I am home sick!! Enjoying the reading & pictures. Please keep the the pictures & info coming! We were @ the Fort last April the week after Spring break & not too crowded. I hope everyone had a safe trip home. I am catching up on the forum reading, busy trying to learn a new computer system @ work, which no one can figure it out. Not sure when our next trip to the Ft. will be. But living it thru y'all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter