Marathon weekend registration process

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
I'm hoping someone can break down the registration process for Marathon weekend 2020. There's eight of us, all first timers. I know the 5K and 10K fill quickest and of course those are the runs we'd like to do. Am I able to register all my group or do they each have to have their own runDisney account? What information do I need for registration? And realistically how quickly will the 5K and 10K fill? I hate to think that some of us will get registered and others not. Thanks for your time and any info you can share.

You should be fine. Those two will sell out but not at the rate they once did.

You can register multiple people but not multiple races. So say you register your family for the 5K, you cannot do the 10K at the same time. You have to do races separately.

You can register multiple people but not multiple races. So say you register your family for the 5K, you cannot do the 10K at the same time. You have to do races separately.
If I can ask a complementary question then, in which order should we register?
Since DD wants to do the 5k and the 10k while I plan on Dopey, I understand that this would be three separate registration!

Since DD wants to do the 5k and the 10k while I plan on Dopey, I understand that this would be three separate registration!
Yes that would have to be 3 separate. Its hard to say. I think whatever order you do it will be fine as I don't expect anything to sell out in minutes. So if anything I would say probably 10K, 5K, Dopey.

You can do multiple races in one transaction.

You can do that all in one transaction.

And a semi-related question - I was part of the Disney disaster that was last year's Marathon Weekend registration (it took less time for my mom to have her knee replaced than for me to register). But it was the first time for Disney using their new system. Have subsequent registrations for the Princess and Stars Wars weekends been any smoother?

And a semi-related question - I was part of the Disney disaster that was last year's Marathon Weekend registration (it took less time for my mom to have her knee replaced than for me to register). But it was the first time for Disney using their new system. Have subsequent registrations for the Princess and Stars Wars weekends been any smoother?
Yes, things smoothed out from then to Star Wars. They fixed issues from when it first launched:)

As I'll be registering myself and some friends, what info do I need from my friends? I'm guessing just name and date of birth?

As I'll be registering myself and some friends, what info do I need from my friends? I'm guessing just name and date of birth?

If I remember correctly, you also needed their address, phone number and emergency contact information. For my friend, I frankly just used my contact information to get it in quickly and then went back to update it with the correct information later. But then again, for last year's marathon weekend, I was trying to do it on my tablet and had to put it in 20+ times before it finally worked so quick and simple was the name of the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter