Marathon weekend, is there a traditional "fort" run Monday?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
I thought I remembered this from previous years? Is there a unofficial run for people staying at the fort the Monday after marathon weekend? Thanks!

Normally McFlurry John hosts that when he has done dopey. I believe he is only running the marathon this year. @John VN, any plans?

I know DH and I will be running the marathon, I have no intention of running Monday. Slowly walking around Epcot is my plan.

Just got off of a DREAM cruise this morning after last Sunday's Space Coast Half Marathon. Sorry to say that after Space Coast I am not sure if I will even complete the Mickey Marathon so absolutely no chance of some RUN or CRAWL at FW post marathon by myself but the roads are there along with the deer in the AM for others to enjoy.

McFlurry John ???? maybe not this year :sad:

I'm sorry you aren't feeling too positive about the marathon. :(
Best wishes for a healthy comeback!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling too positive about the marathon. :(
Best wishes for a healthy comeback!

THANKS a TON!!! After a couple of NEW KNEES :crutches: maybe yes but maybe no. Will be doing my best to get my McFlurry and the finnisher's medal.

John sorry to hear about the creepy knees. I know you will go out and try though. Hope to see you at the fort.

@VAfamily1998 i see you are throwing in for Chicago, could be another big dis meet. Hope to meet you here too. I think you stay in the cabins.

John sorry to hear about the creepy knees. I know you will go out and try though. Hope to see you at the fort.

@VAfamily1998 i see you are throwing in for Chicago, could be another big dis meet. Hope to meet you here too. I think you stay in the cabins.

Will give it my best shot. Thinking coral placement should be better than this past January so more time to stay in front of Balloon Ladies and get my McFlurry. Managed a moving 12:01mpm mostly walking pace at Space Coast and that's why the knees are messed up. WAY TOO MUCH PRESSURE without training. Funny thing is that I got out at 1:24AM today and managed 127 miles bicycling without knee issues. Will head out tomorrow AM for some easy walking.

Good luck on your recovery, John. A cruise is a good way to start. :boat: Bama Ed

Doing the Goofy here and will probably be trying to pack up but a 30 minutes run wouldn’t kill me. How did the old loop go?

@Sakigt hve you done goofy before? What time are you heading out Monday? I saw @VAfamily1998 has switched to OKW so not sure who is in. If someone really wants to maybe I can muster the energy for a run on Monday. If you have not done goofy you might be surprised how much you want to sleep.

@Sakigt hve you done goofy before? What time are you heading out Monday? I saw @VAfamily1998 has switched to OKW so not sure who is in. If someone really wants to maybe I can muster the energy for a run on Monday. If you have not done goofy you might be surprised how much you want to sleep.
I’m doing a 8/16 training run so I’ll see how it goes.

@Sakigt let me know, as you can see am pretty seasoned at this. I am coming off an injury but am doing well so far. I M in for the Chicago marathons this one in Jan is more to stay healthy than to compete. Will use Chicago as a race, trying to BQ with it.

Doing the Goofy here and will probably be trying to pack up but a 30 minutes run wouldn’t kill me. How did the old loop go?

@Sakigt let me know, as you can see am pretty seasoned at this. I am coming off an injury but am doing well so far. I M in for the Chicago marathons this one in Jan is more to stay healthy than to compete. Will use Chicago as a race, trying to BQ with it.

Just got to love "overachievers" who can do multiples and BQ. :teeth:

I simply looped Big Pine Trail/Fort Wilderness Trail without going into any site/cabin loops. Worked out to be 1.4 miles, so 10 times gives a half marathon with short warm-up and cool-down. One could add the section to the Outpost, around overflow lot, over to WL. I once went to CM, Poly and SoG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter