Marathon Weekend 2021

Im a big football fan (Or soccer as most of you will know it as) and support the mighty Leicester City and Next year will be my first ever run Disney event (going for a full on Dopey experience... hopefully!)

Hmmm...I'm a Man U fan so this should make for some interesting conversation. (Although, in full disclosure, I became a Man U fan because I love Ireland and Roy Keane so...)

I am a huge New Orlean Saints fan

Geaux Saints! (My husband is a big Saints fan and being from L.A. I guess I hoped onboard with him since we're very particular about college football in L.A. (Fight on for old SC!), but not pro...)

It was going to be a no for me, but I think my annual pass might still be good. If so, then I am pretty sure I am in for either the half marathon or the full. Not sure I have it in me to do Dopey again for awhile. I found it hard to run, spend the day in the park, and then repeat it day after day. Having a one day race means I still have enough energy to do all the other stuff. I know others do it all the time, but I felt like I ended up not enjoying both the parks and the races as much as I wanted to.

Hmmm...I'm a Man U fan so this should make for some interesting conversation. (Although, in full disclosure, I became a Man U fan because I love Ireland and Roy Keane so...)

Chelsea fan checking in. Although, I do admit that my fandom is more for the EPL as a whole or maybe that should be a fan of EPL chaos.. I was rooting Leicester city in '15-16 and don't mind Liverpool running away with it this year. I also generally root for the promoted teams to do well enough to stay up. Especially the smaller clubs.

Im a big football fan (Or soccer as most of you will know it as) and support the mighty Leicester City and Next year will be my first ever run Disney event (going for a full on Dopey experience... hopefully!)

Chelsea fan checking in. Although, I do admit that my fandom is more for the EPL as a whole or maybe that should be a fan of EPL chaos.. I was rooting Leicester city in '15-16 and don't mind Liverpool running away with it this year. I also generally root for the promoted teams to do well enough to stay up. Especially the smaller clubs.

Well, as long as the topic has been broached... I’m a big Arsenal fan. Times have been a bit rough lately, but I had the opportunity a few years ago to visit and tour Emirates Stadium, going out onto the pitch, sitting on the players’ bench and going behind the scenes. It was an incredible experience and I hope to make it back for a match some day.

Well, as long as the topic has been broached... I’m a big Arsenal fan. Times have been a bit rough lately, but I had the opportunity a few years ago to visit and tour Emirates Stadium, going out onto the pitch, sitting on the players’ bench and going behind the scenes. It was an incredible experience and I hope to make it back for a match some day.

Wouldn’t be a football discussion without a Liverpool fan joining in. My wife’s family is from the Wirral. We also root for the smaller teams to make a stand so we’re kinda sad for Bournemouth these days.

sorry I am late to the party. I am kris. My first run Disney event was the Marathon in 2003, so that does make me old. Old is good, as it allowed me to get a BQ at Chicago Marathon in 2018. I will be toeing the line in April and I am super excited. I am married to bert who has done two Disney marathons but will probably only do halves now. We have been at every MW since 2007.

in my spare time, I enjoy hiking. Between running and work my hiking time is limited, but we have day hiked the entire AT in Georgia.

quick Mallory updated. She is back on the antibiotic, she is one week in with one more to go. It’s kicking her butt, we are doing everything we can to keep her drinking. I know when she is done she will be a lot better, but one more week to go.

mallory

5F1972F5-1BA4-45B5-B0DC-90952B1A3018.jpeg

I’m Claire, 32 years old from the Milwaukee, WI area. I am a certified teacher by degree but was not in love with teaching and now work in the marketing department of a local non-profit organization. I’d never been a runner in the past but started my running journey after participating in a 2-mile walk that also had a 5K. I was inspired at that event and decided I wanted to do 5Ks. It wasn’t until I heard about RunDisney that I considered longer distances. I signed up for the infamous Wine and Dine in 2015, completed my first real half the summer after that race got shortened, and then finished my first marathon in October 2018.

Along with Disney, my interests include attending local sporting events, reading, movies and traveling. My favorite trip I’ve taken to date is the Disney Alaskan Cruise in 2016, and next up is my first real international trip this fall - London and Paris in October!

Oh dear. not a good time to be a Manchester United fan. Roy Keane is now an excellent (in my opion!) pundit... love to hear his take on matches and incidents

Frank Lampard back at the bridge. Shame youve had so many inuries, think next season will be a real good one for Chelsea. I dont mind admitting i thoroughly enjoyed 2015-16 and like wise, have enjoyed this season as well!..... after suffering many... MANY years of mediocre football, finally get to enjoy it a little more these days!

Another club where times have been a lot better in the recent past. Still, i reckon next year could be your year to start aiming for the "top 4" again

Wouldn’t be a football discussion without a Liverpool fan joining in. My wife’s family is from the Wirral. We also root for the smaller teams to make a stand so we’re kinda sad for Bournemouth these days.

If your wife is from the wirral and you root for the smaller guys then whats wrong with Tranmere? I think Bournemouth will turn it around yet. whole lot of injuries has gone against them but a good win the other day i think might just start turning it around for them. I think Norwich are gone though!

and it’s official add me to the sick after Dopey bandwagon. Though to be honest I’m not sure if it’s the Disney gunk or my classmate who kept coming and exposing everyone to blame for getting sick this time. I just know my cough has turned wet so yeah not fun times.

Anyways I’m Sophia. A 30 year old college student in CO. I’ve been running distance since Oct 2010 when a friend managed to convince me that I should totally do the NYC Marathon (finally crossed off Nov 2018)

Along with running I also horseback ride once a week. Obligatory photo of the mare I work with here:
Her names Shady for those who want to know.

My other big hobby is writing.

If your wife is from the wirral and you root for the smaller guys then whats wrong with Tranmere? I think Bournemouth will turn it around yet. whole lot of injuries has gone against them but a good win the other day i think might just start turning it around for them. I think Norwich are gone though!

In addition to Liverpool, her father is a Tranmere supporter! When he was growing up, his parents wouldn't let him make the trip across the river to Liverpool alone, so he rode his bike to the Tranmere grounds for matches instead. I feel bad for them after last night's beatdown.

I'm Billy, 34 years old from Cottage Grove, WI. Married to my wife, Steph, for 9 years and we have one daughter, Gigi, who is 5. I work at the University of Wisconsin Madison in Vitamin D Biochemistry. My free time is usually spent chasing around my daughter, watching Badger sports, watching movies at the theatre, or doing something running/cycling/strength work related. Here's a picture of us from an Associated Bank ad. We like to joke it's a great picture of us with our stage dog.

I’m Bree! I know. My user name is sooooo cre8tive. I’ll be 43yo next month. Hubby and I have been married for 17 years and have a 16yo DS & a 14yo daughter. I gave up my career in Human Resources Information Systems 14 years ago to stay home with the kids. We moved from Massachusetts to Florida in 2014 and currently call Oviedo (pronounced Oh-VEE-do) home. We live about 45 minutes east of WDW. Our fur babies are a 17yo cat Piper, an 11yo grumpy cat Annie, a doofy 10yo golden retriever named Ginger and a horse Diva Darling who is so very sweet despite her name.

We took the plunge into farm life last July and bought a house on 10 acres with a 6 stall horse barn. We completely renovated the home. Phase 1 was completed in November and we moved in. We are in the preliminary stages of phase 2 and just selected a contractor to build an addition onto the home. We are also preparing our property to board horses.

My addiction to Disney races began with the 2015 Princess 10K, but I’ve always been a huge lover of all things Disney.

I read a lot and I probably drink way too much coffee. I drink foo foo sweet wine like sparkling moscato and like cheap beer and margaritas. I love to go out dancing even though this girl has no rhythm. However, after 4 mojitos I think I’m the salsa queen on dancing with the stars.

I am on social media. I use Facebook for stalking drama and keeping the grandparents up to date. My Instagram is @runsonc0ffee.

SAFD: Love this as the first question. I'm Jason, joined the board in 2017 while training for my first DM which I completed in 2018. Completed my first marathon at 40, and now have four under my belt at 42. This board has been a huge help in training. I live in Albany, NY with my wife and three boys (13, 11, and 6). I do education research for Cornell University and Excelsior College. I also teach graduate statistics for CUNY. My wife and I are also wedding photographers on the side.

SAFD: I am Paul, age 45, and am married with two wonderful daughters. I ran cross country in high school and started running again in 2005 when a friend of mine said that Disney marathon medals looked like Mickey Mouse. I am now "Practically Perfectly Goofy" with my DNF in the sauna/furnace of the marathon a few weeks ago but I am hopeful to start a new imperfect streak. I estimate I've run 750+ miles at RunDisney events. I live in Albuquerque and am a big San Francisco 49ers fan. I've finished 21+ marathons including NYC and Athens Greece where you go from the plains of Marathon to Athens.

SAFD: Hi, I'm V! (Not my full name, but I really do answer to "V" in real life.) Been a DISer just shy of the earliest days: been through 2 platform changes, the Great Purge, Canned Corn, 1000thHappyHaunt's trippies, and endless debates about whether or not DVC or the Dining Plan is worth the cost (spoiler alert: NO.) Single mom to a son who is about to be an adult, which is, frankly, freaking me out. Located in West-Central Florida, 100 miles from WDW and less than 5 from the Gulf, which makes visiting The Mouse relatively easy for day trips, but also a pretty inexpensive overnight getaway, which is how I've wound up visiting regularly for 30 years and counting. Born Up North (Go Bills!), but I've been a Floridian longer (Go Gators! Go Bolts!) Used to love NFL football, but have mostly ditched it in favor of Formula 1 racing (Forza Ferrari! Forza Charles!), which brings me far more joy (see: Buffalo Bills. see also: Tampa Bay Buccaneers.)

I love to read, am a decent amateur photographer who wishes I had a LOT more time to spend on it, and probably watch too much Netflix. I was a childhood ballerina and planned for that to be my career, but a really nasty ankle injury put an early end to that. But I still need to abuse the heck out of my body, so running took over when ballet ended. Double major in Art History and Arts Management, but can't afford to work in the gallery/museum field, so I'm in marketing, which mostly means social media these days. I'm online ALL day, EVERY day of the week, so I often avoid the Interwebz on weekends.

I'm publicly on twitter - @VsFuzzyWorld - but my Facebook is locked down like Ft. Knox. Technically, I'm on Instagram, but my handle is private and I don't post there - I only use it to keep up with some traveling friends and to stalk F1 teams and drivers, lol!

SAFD: I'm Keith. I'm 52 and have two older daughters who are my life. I live in Dallas but when my youngest graduates in a little over 2 years, I'm planning on moving to Orlando. I grew up an hour away from Disneyland, so I'm a theme park junkie, and did the first Disneyland 5k and then finally did the WDW marathon in 2016 and got addicted to the races and now have done 4 marathons. I love travel in general and finally get to go on my first trip to Europe in September to get my Castle to Chateau medal. I'm also a big sports fan, especially baseball, primarily Dodgers, and also like the Rangers, Mavericks, Lakers, and Ducks. I grew up a 49ers fan, then switched to the Colts because of Peyton Manning, now I pretty much root for whoever is playing the Patriots. I don't post a lot on social media, mostly on FB under Keith Burrus and keithdisneyrunner on IG (I'm mostly there to keep up with my daughters).

Last edited:
SAFD: I'm Mike, a local living in east Orlando (Lake Nona area) about 25 minutes from the parks. Married for 20 years, two daughters (16, 12), annual passes to WDW and USO, rundisney since 2015 Jingle Jungle 5k. I work as an Evironmental Consultant for a global engineering firm doing primarily environmental documents for FDOT projects, and am an adjunct professor at Valencia where I have taught Environmental Science for 21 years. Undergrad from U of M Ann Arbor (Go Blue!) and masters from UCF (Charge On!). Parking lot beers > nearly any other form of drinking.
Social media is only twitter @mrdrauer.

SAFD - I'm Stacy. I'm 31 and was born and raised in Chicago. Unfortunately for me, I moved out of the city about two years ago to live with my boyfriend in Indiana, about 30 minutes outside of Chicago. We've been together 8 years now. I’m a licensed attorney, but do not practice. Instead I work at a business processing firm and provide compliance services for employer provided benefits. I have no kids of my own, but I’m obsessed with my nephew. He’s 2 and perfect. I enjoy reading and trying new restaurants in my free time. I probably do the latter too much.

instagram: StacyStrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter