Marathon Weekend 2021

Did anyone catch the graphic on the Marathon Weekend registration page? Looks cool!! And Chip and Dale??

View attachment 497577
I had a bad feeling that the year I could not do the race weekend would be the year with Chip and Dale, especially because the mere hope of Chip and Dale for 2020 pushed me into Dopey instead of Goofy.
The Oswald medal from 2019 might be my all-time favorite!

*ducks*
The 2019 Oswald medal is pretty sweet.

New MW artwork: WHERE IS MINNIE??? This is not OK! Otherwise like the retro vibe.

SAFD: We are happy DVC owners since 2008 and have stayed in all the DVC hotels at WDW except the GF and Riviera, so with that said...

favorite WDW hotel: Copper Creek villas at WL (but TBH the Grand Californian has all the WDW resorts beat - not only is it beautiful, you can literally walk directly from the resort into the park!)

Hope to stay at: the GF villas (but the dream would be the Poly villas on Bay Lake :cloud9: - way out of budget though!)

It will be interesting to see when they open January up for online room only bookings as no new hotels are being booked temporarily

I'm definitely regretting not calling and booking a room just so I have something. I have an AP and my husband and son have unused tickets from a cancelled trip earlier this month. I'm hoping if Disney is still being specific about who can make reservations we will fall into one of those categories. Dragged my feet about rescheduling the missed trip, too. We were aiming for early Dec, but looks like that won't be happening. :(

I've been waiting to purchase my tickets for early January. Back before the pandemic, I was able to buy dated tickets for Marathon Weekend, but sometime during the closure, Disney changed the site so the last day a ticket can be purchased is December 31, 2020.

I hope that they reopen 2021, soon, so I can get those tickets.

And with all the announcements, today, I'm wondering how much I'm going to have to rethink the parks after each race.

With all today’s announcements I’m starting to feel like this weekend will feel less like a Disney Race and more like one I do in Tampa where I hit up the expo spend the night at a Marriott 10 minutes away from the venue get up in the am get dropped off at the race run it then get picked up showered and checked out

With all today’s announcements I’m starting to feel like this weekend will feel less like a Disney Race and more like one I do in Tampa where I hit up the expo spend the night at a Marriott 10 minutes away from the venue get up in the am get dropped off at the race run it then get picked up showered and checked out
I ran Star Wars last year without visiting the parks and the race was just as amazing. Still had the Disney feel throughout. The only thing missing was the pictures in the park with my medal.

It's unlikely to feel like Disney races and race weekends have felt in the past, that’s a given. Whether that’s enough to make you not want to go or not is up to you.

It's unlikely to feel like Disney races and race weekends have felt in the past, that’s a given. Whether that’s enough to make you not want to go or not is up to you.
I mean I’m running the 10K as long as it’s not canceled I’m just starting to loose motivation in general

After the announcements yesterday/last night, I am thinking that this year's Dopey Challenge is going to be without parks at all. I think maybe the best thing for this trip is to focus on the races. . .

Sorry to be a pain, but other than social distancing what other announcement have been made? And how would they affect race weekend? I had a look back through previous comments but couldn’t see anything specific. Cheers !

Sorry to be a pain, but other than social distancing what other announcement have been made? And how would they affect race weekend? I had a look back through previous comments but couldn’t see anything specific. Cheers !
No new resort reservations (idk when/if January rooms will open and what will even be available with limited occupancy)
APs being told they are getting first priority to the reservation system but then that being backpedaled into them saying It will be real limited as to when/if APs will be able to reserve making me seriously considering calling for the partial refund and letting my pass go in November instead of taking the extension

No new resort reservations (idk when/if January rooms will open and what will even be available with limited occupancy)
APs being told they are getting first priority to the reservation system but then that being backpedaled into them saying It will be real limited as to when/if APs will be able to reserve making me seriously considering calling for the partial refund and letting my pass go in November instead of taking the extension
Oh blimey, that’s not good at all! Thanks for detailing it, totally get why you’re considering letting you AP expire.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what do you love about Disney World?

A few guidelines for this week’s SAFD:
1. Answer as many times as you’d like!
2. One answer per post.
3. Number your answer so we can see how high we get.
4. No repeats!
5. Be specific!

1. The big drop on Splash Mountain.

Have a great week and stay safe everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!