Marathon Weekend 2021

Belated SAFD: I have a vivid memory from when I was young of sitting upstairs at a near empty Columbia Harbor House with my family and watching Spectromagic (at least I think that's what it was called back then) from the window up there. Unless it was a fever dream or I'm mashing up memories. So I've always had a soft spot for the electrical parades.
For fireworks I think my fave was Illuminations.

SAFD (getting this in before the next one tomorrow!):
1) The OG Main Street Electrical parade in Disneyland! SO many memories - I grew up going to DL, and that music IS my childhood. Sitting there on the curb with my dad, waiting and waiting, then the lights all go down and you know the parade is coming and you hear the music before you even see the first float and the excitement that I felt...such great memories.
2) The OG Star Wars fireworks in HS - like others have said, it's still great now but just not the same as it was a few years ago. Such a great show with ALL the Star Wars music, and the fireworks perfectly timed with the music.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

This week's Sundays are for Disney is brought to you by @princesspirateandrunner! She wants to know what your favorite attraction queue is. Great question!

I don't know if I can settle on just one:

- ROTR and Toy Story Mania: Covered and lots of details to look at while you wait. Mr. Potato Head gets a little old during long waits, though.

- Muppets 3D: Not only are there some great little Easter eggs in the queue, the pre-attraction videos are hilarious.

- ToT and Haunted Mansion: the most iconic queues, IMO. ToT has great details and HM has the stretching room. Both build that foreboding sense before the ride begins. HM loses a point for that herded cattle feeling you get sometimes, but it's usually worth it.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone! Remember that anyone can submit SAFD questions!

This is hard.

Rise of the Resistance is a whole experience that I don’t even consider all queue.

Flight of Passage may have crazy preshow a but the actual queue is amazing.

Expedition Everest has another amazing queue with so many real artifacts.

Tower of Terror while I hate drop rides also has an amazing queue.

This week's Sundays are for Disney is brought to you by @princesspirateandrunner! She wants to know what your favorite attraction queue is. Great question!
I’ve always admired how Disney queues can keep guests entertained while waiting in line. The addition of interactive queues in recent years has taken that concept to the next level! But, with the increased use of FP, I don’t spend a lot of time in queues anymore and have never thought about which is my favorite. But, here are some that stand out in my memory:
  • Indiana Jones! (DL)
  • Tower of Terror
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (DL and MK for different reasons)
  • Little Mermaid
  • Toy Story Midway Mania

SAFD:
  • ToT: Right from the start of the queue you get the old music with the echo-effect added. It starts to get you in the mindset of what is to come. Love the whole vibe of the queue. A lot of hidden gems and clues.
  • MFSR - it is hard to know where the queue is and where the attraction begins. There is so much going on in this queue.
  • RotR - I agree with the above. The only place I am convinced is the queue is outside before you start entering the caves.
I hear FoP has a pretty cool queue, but I have not been crazy enough to attempt it. It is a FP or nothing for me.

Indiana Jones (Disneyland)
Tower of Terror
Everest
Star Tours
Haunted Mansion
Roger Rabbit (Disneyland)
Roger Rabbit wins my vote for the most deceiving queue! I remember riding with friends on a busy park day. I don’t know how many minutes it said but the line did not look bad at all...and it’s Roger Rabbit...how long could it be? I cannot tell you how many times we thought we were just around the corner from loading only to discover there was another room...and another room...and another room to go! We were in that queue forever! It finally got to the point where we just had to laugh every time a new room was revealed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter