Marathon Weekend 2020

I’ve got a little bit of FOMO, but the more I discuss it with myself - the FOMO is over missing out spending time with my DIS friends and not so much on the races ... if that makes sense?

I’m just kinda burnt on RunDisney right now - from our resident corral jumping cheater to behavior of participants to “been there, done that” to the courses and themes - I think a break and chance to date other race weekends is going to be beneficial to me and hopefully will make me fall back in love with RunDisney in the future.
As long as you come help us party I think we will accept your hiatus.

I’ve got a little bit of FOMO, but the more I discuss it with myself - the FOMO is over missing out spending time with my DIS friends and not so much on the races ... if that makes sense?

I’m just kinda burnt on RunDisney right now - from our resident corral jumping cheater to behavior of participants to “been there, done that” to the courses and themes - I think a break and chance to date other race weekends is going to be beneficial to me and hopefully will make me fall back in love with RunDisney in the future.

I totally get this. It was nice to take a hiatus from Marathon Weekend this year.

I am in for next, just not sure which race(s). Part of me is totally fine sticking to “just” the marathon, but I am also debating between the Dopey and Goofy challenge. I would like to do a Dopey challenge and then go back to only doing the marathon-mainly because there are other challenge type endurance events I would like to do. Also, getting there Wednesday requires more time off of work and a marathon is much more practical.

goofy was a unique an memorable experience but it's one and done for me. disney races are fun, but the sheer size of the event can be a grind. work will probably make training for another full impossible this year anyway.

instead we took the bounce back offer for a wilderness lodge stay in december. if i need to get my rundisney fix, it will be on the trails at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter