Marathon Weekend 2020

Hmmm also very tempted to go with CBR at that rate. Currently have POFQ booked and was looking forward to staying there. Can anyone chime in on their experience with CBR on race weekends and if its worth staying there to get a better rate? Pop is not an option for us at this time as there are 3, possibly 4 of us sharing the room and we want the extra space the moderates offer. If I was going solo I'd be booking Pop.

@Keels Sending you a message!

Did you book the Pirate room?

I was there, in a pirate room, for W&D. I liked it a lot. There was a bus stop near the room, so I didn't have to walk far for the bus. It did then have to go to Aruba and Jamaica (pretty sure I got those right), so give a little extra time if you like to be early and you take the bus. I know there are complaints about the size of the resort, but I don't find it all that bad. I would definitely stay there again.

Hmmm also very tempted to go with CBR at that rate. Currently have POFQ booked and was looking forward to staying there. Can anyone chime in on their experience with CBR on race weekends and if its worth staying there to get a better rate? Pop is not an option for us at this time as there are 3, possibly 4 of us sharing the room and we want the extra space the moderates offer. If I was going solo I'd be booking Pop.

We stayed at CBR several years ago and had no issues or problems. The buses in the morning made the full loop around the property, and I was able to hop on one to the start without waiting in line at all. Not sure if that's still true today, though.

For anyone looking for a room before they become available for general booking, I was able to secure a Getaways Group block for Marathon Weekend (Jan 8-14) for Pop ($122/night), Caribbean Beach ($192/night) and Wilderness Lodge ($367/night), plus tax and the normal add-ons like price per extra adult.

I have until April 5 to lock in this rate and need 10 booking commitments to make it happen, but after that I'll have until 45 days out to add rooms at the rates listed above. Unlike other group rates (TAs, Charities) there are no ticket or bib requirements.

If you're interested, let me know!

That's really interesting. I've heard later this year the rates at POP/AOA are going to go up for the skyliner, so that seems like a really good price. I am definitely interested.

I haven't done CBR for a race weekend. I am booked there for Wine and Dine and likely will stay there on this rate for marathon weekend.
We stayed there for princess this year. We were in Jamaica and there was a race bus stop close to the room. Unfortunately the Buses seemed to start at the main area and then go to the Jamaica stop, so on race mornings by the time they got to our stop the buses were mostly full.

I'm very tempted to go with the Caribbean Beach Resort, even though it's not one of my favorites. Has there been any confirmation that the Skyliner will be operating from CBR by the time MW rolls around? @rteetz, you got any inside info on that front?
Any insight as wether there will be enough buses for those who cannot take the Skyliner by fear of heights?

Any insight as wether there will be enough buses for those who cannot take the Skyliner by fear of heights?
My recommendation would be to avoid the Skyliner resorts if you don't want to ride the Skyliner. They building these to cut down on bus use.

As the monorail hotels don’t get buses for some races, I would work on having to take the skyline trip possibly.

I am very afraid of heights, but for some reason the Skyliner doesn't strike me as all that bad. It seems like it'll be more like the monorail without the rail than something up terribly high. I'll be interesting to see how the cars behave in the wind, though.

I am very afraid of heights, but for some reason the Skyliner doesn't strike me as all that bad. It seems like it'll be more like the monorail without the rail than something up terribly high. I'll be interesting to see how the cars behave in the wind, though.
These operate on mountains and in snowy conditions. I think they'll be just fine in Florida. They obviously won't operate in hurricane force winds but general windy days will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter