Marathon Weekend 2020

My vote is clearly inconsequential so I've moved on. I will proceed under the assumption that the eventual winner is the restrooms in the Frontierland/Adventureland pass through. See everyone for SAFD in about 3 weeks.
Ooh, a WDW restroom bracket! Will it be the Tangled Toilets or Epcot’s America Pavilion for the win? As runners who are constantly hydrating (in various ways...) that would be a good one!

This weeks tournament was tough I could see reasons for both sides in every match up.

Ooh, a WDW restroom bracket! Will it be the Tangled Toilets or Epcot’s America Pavilion for the win? As runners who are constantly hydrating (in various ways...) that would be a good one!
I’ve often joked that I want to create a version of yelp that’s only for Disney bathrooms.

Random story...Pirates was my favorite ride at DL until my family and I were stuck on it for 50 minutes! We were right by the pirate sitting in the mud with the pig. We were one of the last boats to be evacuated and it involved a cast member wearing chest waders pushing our boat back to a place where we could get out of it. My son had only been potty trained for about three months at the time and I was scared the whole time we were stuck that he was going to announce he had to go to the bathroom. When we emerged from underground we were actually no longer in the park. All the cast members directing us back kept telling us will get you back in the park real fast. And it was about a 10 minute walk until we magically emerged through a door in New Orleans Square. After that incident it took my son about three years before we could get him back on Pirates. My knows-no-fear daughter on the other hand wanted to go on it the next day!
This happened to us last February. We were so relieved when they finally turned off the audio, and it was kinda cool being led backstage and back in through New Orleans Square. Luckily this was on day 5 of a long DL trip so we weren't feeling rushed to get the next thing, and all of my kids were safely potty trained!

Since the W&D 5K course was changed so drastically, do you think anything will be changed for MW? Man, I would love to have our 5K go through Animal Kingdom. That is one of the most magical experiences in the dark!

Since the W&D 5K course was changed so drastically, do you think anything will be changed for MW? Man, I would love to have our 5K go through Animal Kingdom. That is one of the most magical experiences in the dark!
Doubtful. They want them all to be uniform to save costs.

For anyone looking for a room before they become available for general booking, I was able to secure a Getaways Group block for Marathon Weekend (Jan 8-14) for Pop ($122/night), Caribbean Beach ($192/night) and Wilderness Lodge ($367/night), plus tax and the normal add-ons like price per extra adult.

I have until April 5 to lock in this rate and need 10 booking commitments to make it happen, but after that I'll have until 45 days out to add rooms at the rates listed above. Unlike other group rates (TAs, Charities) there are no ticket or bib requirements.

If you're interested, let me know!

For anyone looking for a room before they become available for general booking, I was able to secure a Getaways Group block for Marathon Weekend (Jan 8-14) for Pop ($122/night), Caribbean Beach ($192/night) and Wilderness Lodge ($367/night), plus tax and the normal add-ons like price per extra adult.

I have until April 5 to lock in this rate and need 10 booking commitments to make it happen, but after that I'll have until 45 days out to add rooms at the rates listed above. Unlike other group rates (TAs, Charities) there are no ticket or bib requirements.

I'm very tempted to go with the Caribbean Beach Resort, even though it's not one of my favorites. Has there been any confirmation that the Skyliner will be operating from CBR by the time MW rolls around? @rteetz, you got any inside info on that front?

I'm very tempted to go with the Caribbean Beach Resort, even though it's not one of my favorites. Has there been any confirmation that the Skyliner will be operating from CBR by the time MW rolls around? @rteetz, you got any inside info on that front?

Hmmm also very tempted to go with CBR at that rate. Currently have POFQ booked and was looking forward to staying there. Can anyone chime in on their experience with CBR on race weekends and if its worth staying there to get a better rate? Pop is not an option for us at this time as there are 3, possibly 4 of us sharing the room and we want the extra space the moderates offer. If I was going solo I'd be booking Pop.

@Keels Sending you a message!

Last edited:
Hmmm also very tempted to go with CBR at that rate. Currently have POFQ booked and was looking forward to staying there. Can anyone chime in on their experience with CBR on race weekends and if its worth staying there to get a better rate? Pop is not an option for us at this time as there are 3, possibly 4 of us sharing the room and we want the extra space the moderates offer. If I was going solo I'd be booking Pop
I haven't done CBR for a race weekend. I am booked there for Wine and Dine and likely will stay there on this rate for marathon weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter