Marathon Weekend 2020

Honestly the turn down Main Street never gets old no matter what race you're doing.
Agreed. I had run down Main Street at Disneyland 6 times before running through the Magic Kingdom for the first time. Disneyland is my home park as it were. And still I really loved the turn down Main Street.
you're all making me regret coming over from the UK for the half in January now haha
It really is a fun race. I think you'll have a great time.

Add me to the list. I'll feel a lot better when I have flights locked in. I don't know what time they actually do the release, though.
I saw somewhere that said they’ve seen it as early as 6 EST and as late as 9 EST - which we are past 8 EDT/9 EST and 9 EDT, so really I have no idea...

I’m apparently the odd one out. Usually I’m flying Southwest in for the races but I’ll be wintering in Knoxville this year. And its far easier to leave directly from Knoxville on either United or American and transfer flights to Orlando then it is to drive all the way to Nashville to catch a Southwest flight.

Already booked the January flight for the record. Leave bright and early Tuesday morning at 6 am.

Also figure this would be appreciated here. Dad originally was trying to see if I could do the via Charlotte flight that leaves 30 minutes later but because I have to bring my walker with me for when I’m in the parks post race there’s no way to make the connection. So I suggested I take the flight that leaves 30 minutes earlier. Dad was surprised I was willing to be up that early for a flight (not a morning person, at all) I pointed out I’ve been getting up at the same time for years now to make the 6 am flight from Denver. And I’ll get more park time landing then (gets into Orlando at 9 am so will be at resort before noon probably).

Honestly its Disney. I just want to get as much time out of it as possible.

I booked flights but am realizing I may need to change my return flight. The DAW meetup happens on Monday, is that correct? I'm sad I missed it the last two years.

Flights aren't actually too bad for Marathon Weekend. I didn't book yet but will watch closely.

Mine were well below what I was anticipating. I actually couldn’t imagine them going much lower for my flights, particularly with bags included; and for Marathon Weekend I definitely need to check a bag. They were below any of my preliminary pricing on any of the low cost a la carte airlines even before I would’ve had to go in and decide how many “extras” I would’ve needed on those flights.

Yay!! Flights are booked for Marathon Weekend on Southwest!! Like last year, I used SW points to book flights for multiple days going down and will cancel the flight we do not need ~ I did this last year after the weather debacle in 2018 that left me with no flight after the one I booked was canceled due to a snow storm.

I also booked flights on points for my daughters - one who will be on winter break and will be coming down with us but leaving directly from FL to go back to school in OH and the other who now lives in Chicago and will be flying from/to MDW.

A busy morning for me on southwest dot com!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter