Marathon Weekend 2020

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by FFigawi, Jan 13, 2019.

1. BigEeyore

BigEeyore DIS Veteran

SAFD: ooooh I LOVE this and everyone's responses!

West Coast - cause I grew up going to Disneyland, I have to say Fantasyland at DL is pure magic. The whole Casey jr/Storybook Land boats is just classic, Sleeping Beauty's castle, Alice, the Matterhorn with it's swiss music, Mr Toad...as a child that is where the magic of Disney made its way into my heart and never left.

East Coast - have to agree with both Asia and Africa in AK. My husband and I went to Africa about 15 years ago, and walking into Africa at AK we were floored at what a great job they did. Also, my husband lived in Indonesia for three years when he was a kid and he really felt like he was back there in the Asia section (especially the Everest line - details are incredible!).

2. bevcgg

bevcgg Mouseketeer

SAFD : Although I grew up an East Coast/MK girl- I have grown to love Disneyland for how special it is!
    Fantasyland for me in both DL and MK- although the old Fantasyland at MK with Dumbo behind the Castle. (Not a fan of the current one)
    DL it is all the classics (Storybook Land, Tea Cups, Matterhorn) including Small World esp when it is lit up for the holidays!
    Both are super charming in different ways but appeal to the 6 year-old me every time!

But to run though my favorite land is Radiator Springs at Sunrise! It was always an amazing site to see- takes your breath away.
    Really missing the DL races....

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Sleepless Knight

Sleepless Knight Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess

@lhermiston
    So I checked the size and mine is an XL. I'm 6'4 around 225 and the fit is about right. I have real issues in selecting shirt fit. Because of my height, many companies make XL shirts for people shorter than me. Nike is the only size that works consistently in XL although race shirts usually work great in XL.

The jacket fits me a lot better than the blue and blue variant did at the Expo. In fact the fit on the blue and blue version was really tight even on the XXL. I triple checked to make sure it wasn't a women's size. Said it wasn't, but I'm still not convinced. The XL marathon weekend jacket fits me fine which can be a real challenge for me with jackets. I would guess that the XXL will be a very loose fit since for once I'm happy with the fit of a non Nike XL.

lhermiston likes this.
  5. lhermiston

lhermiston Beer-powered running machine

Thanks for the feedback!

Sleepless Knight likes this.
  6. hotblooded

hotblooded DIS Veteran

SAFD: My answer is pretty specific: New Orleans Square, at night, during Mickey's Halloween Party. The lighting, music, and decorations are amazing.
    Cop-out runner-up: The entirety of Tokyo Disneyland decorated for Christmas.

7. cavepig

cavepig DIS Veteran

That's interesting on the red/blue fitting different than the blue/blue. I wondered too if blue/blue (which I got) was more of a women's fit, but yeah even the photo Run Disney put out has a man wearing it as well as the red/blue one.

Sleepless Knight likes this.
  8. run.minnie.miles

run.minnie.miles DIS Veteran

I bought the blue/blue jacket and it was definitely more of a women's cut vs. the red/blue one. (I tried them both on). If I remember right, it was located more with the women's merch?

cavepig likes this.
  9. cavepig

cavepig DIS Veteran

It would make sense it is women's cut as it doesn't fit all unisex like. I wonder then if they didn't know that when they put up those pictures of merchandise beforehand & just had a guy wear it not knowing.

run.minnie.miles likes this.
  10. Sleepless Knight

Sleepless Knight Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess

I'm almost positive that I checked the zipper to make sure it was unisex when it fit strangely and found that it was at least a unisex zipper.

That would make complete sense. I could also easily see them having a shorter man model a larger size on the blue/blue jacket and not realize that the jackets were cut a bit differently especially since the zipper was unisex.

11. Bree

Bree Runs on Coffee

I tried on the blue/blue and the blue/red in a size small. The blue/blue fit perfectly while the blue/red was way too big. I just assumed the blue/blue was a women's cut and the blue/red a men's after trying them on.

12. APears

APears Mouseketeer

Yes, I'm glad we're making our first marathon an epic one!

Yess! Aint that the truth

13. lhermiston

lhermiston Beer-powered running machine

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

I've been thinking about tattoos on and off since Marathon Weekend, but I don't know what or if I'd get any new ink. So, inspire me. For this week's Sundays are for Disney, I want to know if you have or would ever get a running, Disney or runDisney tattoo. If you have one, what do you have? If you'd get one, what would you get?

Have a great week, everyone!

flav likes this.
  14. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

While I don’t have those tattoos. I just have a Celtic knot on my hip and the Umbrella Corporation on my neck. I want a tattoo of Stitch holding a palm leaf over BB8 but I can’t figure out where I want it to be located so I keep delaying getting it.

My husband has a lot of Star Wars Tattoos is that counts.

The arm sleeve photo is outdated as the full sleeve is almost completed. Where the armor stopped - it’s turned into a Star Wars battle scene towards his wrist.

59499791-578F-41E9-B996-224CA1C7F181.jpeg
    49B74470-8CD3-4B23-9407-D912DBDC5D52.jpeg

15. KevM

KevM DIS Veteran

SAFD: I don’t have any tattoos and don’t see myself ever getting any.

flav, rteetz and lhermiston like this.
  16. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Same

KevM, Neon Cactus and lhermiston like this.
  17. Barca33Runner

Barca33Runner DIS Veteran

SAFD: My only tattoo is a small cross on my ankle that I gave myself in a moment of boredom and "hmm, i wonder if this would work" while studying in Germany during my junior year of college:
    DAE9130A-C6EC-4FC3-8C1B-5E4B95817699.jpeg

To answer the obvious questions:
    1. No, I wasn’t drunk (I don’t drink). Just curious and stupid.
    2. A safety pin and ink pen take a long time to accomplish a tattoo.
    3. No regrets, but something I would absolutely never recommend (the potential health ramifications are what frighten me most in hindsight)

To more closely answer the question, I have thought about getting both running and Disney tattoos, although maybe not both tied together. To this point, though, I’ve never come close enough to actually consider what I’d get in detail. I’d like to be in better shape before getting a tattoo and I’ve always like the aesthetic of a full sleeve or larger harmonized piece over smaller interspersed images. So my choice is somewhat nothing or all-in, and I’m not quite ready for all-in.

I have a few years to consider it, but I think when (positive thinking) I hit ten years of perfect Dopey I might have to come up with something.

18. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

My main tattoos are both custom pieces of art, one a dragon and the other a clipper ship. Not sure I’d ever want a Disney or runDisney related tattoo, primarily because I don’t want anything corporate related. Same reason I’ve never gotten an M-dot after finishing my Ironman.

19. kirstie101

kirstie101 DIS Veteran

I have 3 tattoos (foot, back,ankle) and I’m sure I’ll get at least one more...maybe 2. I suppose the potential is there for something Disney related but it’s not my plan. Right now I think my next tat is going on my shoulder and will likely be California poppies.

Neon Cactus and lhermiston like this.
  20. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

No tattoos for me. I appreciate them on others, but honestly, when (if) I'm a saggy old 80 year old, I really wouldn't want to see how they looked! I've seen it happen on some women at the gym....it ain't pretty!

21. baxter24

baxter24 DIS Veteran

No tattoos and no desire to get one. But I did do the fake tattoo station that Cigna does at the expo at least twice!