Finally caught up on all of the posts. What a great week! I can't wait to go back in 10 weeks for Star Wars Weekend. I accomplished my 10k goal by finishing just under 48 minutes. Perfect temps for the 10k, but not so much for the full. With that, I decided to scrap my time goal for the full and stop for photos. I stopped for 12 and was happy with all of them except for vacation Minnie & Mickey at the golf course. No flash was used and you can barely see us in the photo. I was doing well, but could tell the heat was getting to me, so I backed off after mile 16. I felt ok considering the temps until I stopped and then I got a little light headed, so I chugged both the water and powerade. Felt better after that. Was a little sore on Monday, but felt really good by Tuesday. Congrats to everyone! Enjoy all of your great weekend memories! I plan to be back in 2020. Maybe even do Dopey again . . .

I may have missed it somewhere after race day but was anyone else disappointed with the smaller crowds of spectators or am I the only one who didnt link the obvious effect of less runners overall, less hotel occupancy would obviously equal less spectators?

I definitely noticed fewer spectators, signs, and homemade snack/beverage stop stations. TTC still had a lot of people, but after that the course was much more empty than I ever remember in the past.

TTC still had a lot of people,

I remember taking a left to turn towards the monorail and the barricades being packed all the way from there to the tunnel. Not to discount the efforts of the spectators that were there but I guess I just didnt think about it enough heading in.

Not too many more than the marathoners then.

True. I have to think the Perfect Marathon numbers took a big hit this year even though they are now free. Three of the Perfect Marathoners who were also Perfect Goofy dropped this year which is 50% of the Perfect Goofy/Perfect Marathon. I figure Perfect Goofy will not drop much for #15 but will see a large drop for #16.

I wanted to give a special thanks to everyone on this message board for all the info and details you guys provided leading up to the race! It was my first time to Walt Disney World and first runDisney Half Marathon (I'm always at Disneyland and stuck to the 10K's out there). The info on these boards helped a ton. A few thoughts on my first time in Walt Disney World and a runDisney Half:

-I'm still blown away by how many people were running the Half... That walk to the starting line was longer then I thought, and then to see all the corrals I was honestly like "What is going on".
-I thought they had a fun mix of Characters on the course, and by the time I was in Magic Kingdom the lines weren't bad. (I would have loved to get a pic with Maleficent prior to Magic Kingdom but that line was crazy long when I passed by.)
-It was pure magic running down Main Street towards the castle!
-The volunteers and cast members were super supportive and the entertainment along the way made it extra fun.
-I had a great time but miss the simplicity of the Disneyland runDisney races... No shuttles or having too plan in an extra hour, just walk out of your Disney Hotel and you are right where the race begins. But now that I've experienced the busses and building in extra time I'll likely do it again :)
-The Parks never seemed too crowded minus Animal Kingdom on Saturday evening.
-I had a great time in the parks! I'll just need to visit again when I don't have to wake up at 2:45 a.m. Haha Makes hitting rope drop and staying late a little tricky.

If you have any interest in reliving the Half Marathon I had a action cam strapped to my head and I put together the highlights of character stops, time in the parks, and most the mile markers:

Thanks Again!

I wanted to give a special thanks to everyone on this message board for all the info and details you guys provided leading up to the race! It was my first time to Walt Disney World and first runDisney Half Marathon (I'm always at Disneyland and stuck to the 10K's out there). The info on these boards helped a ton. A few thoughts on my first time in Walt Disney World and a runDisney Half:

-I'm still blown away by how many people were running the Half... That walk to the starting line was longer then I thought, and then to see all the corrals I was honestly like "What is going on".
-I thought they had a fun mix of Characters on the course, and by the time I was in Magic Kingdom the lines weren't bad. (I would have loved to get a pic with Maleficent prior to Magic Kingdom but that line was crazy long when I passed by.)
-It was pure magic running down Main Street towards the castle!
-The volunteers and cast members were super supportive and the entertainment along the way made it extra fun.
-I had a great time but miss the simplicity of the Disneyland runDisney races... No shuttles or having too plan in an extra hour, just walk out of your Disney Hotel and you are right where the race begins. But now that I've experienced the busses and building in extra time I'll likely do it again :)
-The Parks never seemed too crowded minus Animal Kingdom on Saturday evening.
-I had a great time in the parks! I'll just need to visit again when I don't have to wake up at 2:45 a.m. Haha Makes hitting rope drop and staying late a little tricky.

If you have any interest in reliving the Half Marathon I had a action cam strapped to my head and I put together the highlights of character stops, time in the parks, and most the mile markers:

Thanks Again!

Pretty sure I saw you that morning. I was in the King Triton building. Didn’t realize you were a dis peep!

Pretty sure I saw you that morning. I was in the King Triton building. Didn’t realize you were a dis peep!

Oh that's fun! I wish there was an easy way to identify each other in "real life" because it would have been nice to say hello. :) ... And the few times I do think I know someone from the boards I usually don't say hi because I'm worried I'll seem creepy. haha Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!