My dad is having some heart problems and we just cannot convince him to let us push him around in a wheelchair, so he stays home. :( I think when Star Wars opens he will finally let us do it but I bet he will want a dang EVC and I just don't want to be one of these horror stories. Hahaha. Sorry, pops.
My grandma knocked over an entire wall of pins on her ECV. The CM says it happens all the time...

Last edited:
We saw an older gentleman run over multiple people and slam into a trash can (after, I guess, mistaking the throttle for the brakes?) on our last trip. It’s an inherently dangerous situation without a good solution.

My grandma knocked over an entire wall of pine on her ECV. The CM says it happens all the time...

We saw an older gentleman run over multiple people and slam into a trash can (after, I guess, mistaking the throttle for the brakes?) on our last trip. It’s an inherently dangerous situation without a good solution.

This brings back memories of the person who came on this board a Marathon Weekend or two ago railing about how discriminatory runDisney was because they wouldn't let ECVs in the races.

Oh my word. Lots of accidents with ECV! She drives a car like a maniac too which scares me more. I refuse to let her drive if I have to go anywhere with her. I'd rather listen to her complain about how slow I'm driving and how we'd be there already if I just let her drive.

For the most part I think people on ECV at Disney are cautious. They do not have brakes, BTW. That's why it's so important to keep them in turtle mode. They only stop when you let go of the power lever.

We leave Friday for a week at Beach Club! Can't wait to get some miles in there. Any course recommendations? I know the path around BW/YC/BC but is there anywhere else i can get to from the BC area?

We leave Friday for a week at Beach Club! Can't wait to get some miles in there. Any course recommendations? I know the path around BW/YC/BC but is there anywhere else i can get to from the BC area?

If you go out through the port cochere at BC and through the parking lot, there's a sidewalk that goes around to YC, Swolphin and the mini golf course. The other direction goes under the water bridge and takes you to the Speedway Gas Station and Boardwalk. It's a half-circle, though, so you can't do a full loop because there isn't a sidewalk on Buena Vista Drive.

There are sidewalks along Epcot Resorts Blvd in front of the Swan & Dolphin that connect to some on Buena Vista Drive. Check out google map aerials.

I'm only 37 and I know I'd be the one accidentally running people over in an ECV because I'm terrible at things like that, electric scooters included. It was a bit of a learning curve the best way to handle a wheelchair with my mom in DL last year, but save for some tired arms and some battles with hills it was actually a good bonding experience. We chatted a ton since I (or my sister) was so close as we rolled. I can imagine that my mom would have been in total control on the ECV though for most of the day, but she may have gotten too tired to be good at it the whole time. She could really "relax" in the chair.

Now I'm picturing myself on a scooter plowing into the characters and parade floats or something while yelling sorry, sorry, sorry.

Will it be a problem to walk from Main Street to Contemporary during the half marathon? We plan to go early and cheer for the half runners on Main Street, but have a 7:30 breakfast reservation at the Wave. The runners won't get be fully through MK yet, so is it a problem to walk over to the Contemporary if the race is still going?

If you go out through the port cochere at BC and through the parking lot, there's a sidewalk that goes around to YC, Swolphin and the mini golf course. The other direction goes under the water bridge and takes you to the Speedway Gas Station and Boardwalk. It's a half-circle, though, so you can't do a full loop because there isn't a sidewalk on Buena Vista Drive.

There are sidewalks along Epcot Resorts Blvd in front of the Swan & Dolphin that connect to some on Buena Vista Drive. Check out google map aerials.
Beachclub.PNG

I think I've highlighted them below. I wonder if could use them to make Keels recommendation a full loop.

I do know someone that used the trail up from the path between Boardwalk and studios to run along side Buena Vista. He then ran down across Buena Vista street and through Carribean Beach resort.

I think I've highlighted them below. I wonder if could use them to make Keels recommendation a full loop.

I do know someone that used the trail up from the path between Boardwalk and studios to run along side Buena Vista. He then ran down across Buena Vista street and through Carribean Beach resort.

So, IDK what it's like now but back in August the section of the sidewalk in front of (or near in front of) the Speedway was blocked off for construction.

:confused3

Would this work? Start at BC/YC, run to Dolphin and get on the sidewalk there and follow it to the main rd (buena vista drive). From that road there are three options. Turn left before the bridge to follow the sidewalk onto Swan property, to BW and back to BC/YC. Or you can turn left after the bridge and connect to the HS walkway. The other option is to follow it all the way to the intersection, turn left to go to BW, loop the parking lot back to where it meets up with the HS walkway, run past BW and back to BC/YC.

Untitled 2.png

ETA: Now I want to run that loop!

So, IDK what it's like now but back in August the section of the sidewalk in front of (or near in front of) the Speedway was blocked off for construction.

:confused3
It was open in October when we were there. You do run out of sidewalk just past the BW heading to BC but you can [and I do] run on the grass going against traffic. The sidewalk resumes as you approach the underpass [or overpass depending on your perspective] about 200 feet more of grass as you get to the top of the hill and then it's all sidewalk again. And don't forget the Regatta Run! Every Thursday morning starting at the YC Marina.

It was open in October when we were there. You do run out of sidewalk just past the BW heading to BC but you can [and I do] run on the grass going against traffic. The sidewalk resumes as you approach the underpass [or overpass depending on your perspective] about 200 feet more of grass as you get to the top of the hill and then it's all sidewalk again. And don't forget the Regatta Run! Every Thursday morning starting at the YC Marina.

Thanks for that! I knew there was a portion that was missing sidewalk, but I couldn't quite remember where!

Will it be a problem to walk from Main Street to Contemporary during the half marathon? We plan to go early and cheer for the half runners on Main Street, but have a 7:30 breakfast reservation at the Wave. The runners won't get be fully through MK yet, so is it a problem to walk over to the Contemporary if the race is still going?

I can only speak for 2017, but I stayed at the BLT by Contemporary and walked with my family to the Magic Kingdom during the half marathon along the walking path. We had a pre-park opening CRT reservation so we were able to see the last wave of runners go through the castle. I realize that is the reverse direction of what you asked. So it seems to me it should work in the opposite direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter