Yay @Keels!

Our stance to not return for Marathon Weekend 2019 lasted about 2 weeks before we also folded like a cheap card table.

"Only" running the marathon this time though and probably not arriving until Friday, but now I'll need to ensure an early flight so we can make it to HH on time!

What if I'm not a drinker?

Can I tag along with you guys as I do "Turkey Legs Around the World"?

Judgement free zone. All are welcome!

Also did any of you guys ever listen to WDW today? They did an episode called Sip and Snack around Epcot. Pretty funny. I think Len Testa went with maple syrup in Canada for either his drink or his snack. :)

No, but I usually carry about 11-12 of them in my bag with me at any given time, so it still works out.

:rotfl2: That would be awesome!!! You could use them as a form of currency to trade for other goods.

Judgement free zone. All are welcome!

Also did any of you guys ever listen to WDW today? They did an episode called Sip and Snack around Epcot. Pretty funny. I think Len Testa went with maple syrup in Canada for either his drink or his snack. :)

I know what I am going to listen to after lunch today!

I stayed at OKW this past Dopey. I used the bus transportation and was on pretty much the first bus each time. For some odd reason, they sent us to SS for the HM and M before EPCOT. This resulted us in being the third or fourth bus in line at SS both times even though we had plenty of people from OKW. Both times our driver got frustrated and ended up passing the other buses before waiting to pick up more. Probably added an additional 20-30 min to the overall trip. Caused an issue for those caught up in the traffic behind the accident. I think it was @GollyGadget got stuck in that traffic from OKW off a 3:15am bus and cut it closer than hoped for corral placement.

The property is spread out for pre race transportation but they have a bus going around taking people to the front of OKW. We requested a close room and was only a 5 min walk.

Otherwise, I felt like it was a fine hotel choice for marathon weekend.
@MilesMouse - Billy is remembering correctly, I got on the bus at a time I considered to be early enough but didn't even get to my corral until after 5 because of the traffic and I had to hustle and skip the potties. I don't remember what time it was offhand, but it was before the recommended time. Moral of the story, get to the bus early. Lots of people will tell you that isn't necessary but I really would have liked a pre-race pee and I wasn't willing to squat near the woods with all the boys. This also could vary depending on your corral. I was all the way up in B so my corral was starting pretty quick after the initial start. If I had been in one of the later corrals, it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. Granted, I could have self seeded myself further back, but I wanted that early corral that I had earned earlier that fall.

I also had some problems in that we could hear the race start from our room. It wasn't enough to wake me up, but I did wake up one morning and could definitely hear the announcers and fireworks. The good news is that you're running Dopey so you'll be up anyway!

We requested a room as close as we could get to the main bus stop, but didn't have the HH area reserved. It was a bit of a hike but bearable. I will say overall, I wasn't very impressed with the rooms at OKW. Our yet to be refurbished room at Pop earlier in the stay was nicer. On the other hand, having a hot tub on resort was nice.

@MilesMouse - Billy is remembering correctly, I got on the bus at a time I considered to be early enough but didn't even get to my corral until after 5 because of the traffic and I had to hustle and skip the potties. I don't remember what time it was offhand, but it was before the recommended time. Moral of the story, get to the bus early.

I don't think this is unique to OKW. We had a similar experience at POR a couple years ago. I know there are tons of people that take the bus, getting on the last bus that make it to the race start in plenty of time. That works great... unless it doesn't. We left POR at 3:30 and it took over an hour to get to Epcot because the bus driver went the wrong way. I realize that issues like this are the exception not the rule.

Has anyone ever pre-booked hotel and bib with RunDisney and then been able to successfully add in whatever commemorative items you wanted when registration opens?
YOu can add commemorative merchandise at any time, it can be a seperate order. Usually under your active registartion is a link to add commemorative items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter