Marathon Weekend 2018

Did anyone who ran Marathon Weekend this year rent a house outside of Disney property? If you did, can you PM me? I have some questions.

Thanks!

I got a notification that my Marathon jacket is out for delivery today. Finally!
Wow...I ordered 2 of them on January 10th and have still not heard anything. I have called a few times the past few weeks and they kept telling me it will be there 4-6 weeks after the order date. Its over 6 now and still nothing.

I got a random UPS tracking e-mail with the package originating in Orlando... maybe jackets? I still haven't been charged though.
Good call! I just checked my UPS App and see an order ready to be processed from Screenworks in Orlando set for delivery on 2/27. Sounds like these are them.

I ordered the finisher jacket and I’m a bit disappointed. I guess I didn’t read the description carefully enough. I thought I was getting the same kind of jacket that they have for the pre-order and others they sell at the expo. Instead they’re like rain coats. They’re still nice, just not what I was hoping for.

I also got my notice that jackets had shipped. Supposed to arrive Monday.

@lauriko sorry you are disappointed. I did know they were a rain type jacket, but decided to give them a try anyway. Hoping I'll like it and so will my DH.

Don't know if this is old news but the Shop Disney Parks app had some very limited Marathon merch at drastically reduced prices last night. I bought one of those 90's-tastic design caps just because it was cheap. Also bought a runDisney 2018 mug that I don't think was Marathon specific but it did have that exuberant finish line Mickey from the medal that I love. I think they had marathon wine glasses too.

Don't know if this is old news but the Shop Disney Parks app had some very limited Marathon merch at drastically reduced prices last night. I bought one of those 90's-tastic design caps just because it was cheap. Also bought a runDisney 2018 mug that I don't think was Marathon specific but it did have that exuberant finish line Mickey from the medal that I love. I think they had marathon wine glasses too.
They had the blanket too. I bought that last week. Not that I really needed another blanket though...

They had the blanket too. I bought that last week. Not that I really needed another blanket though...
I have the marathon blanket hanging on the wall of my craft studio/office. My friends bought it for me as a congratulatory reward for my first Goofy and fastest marathon out of three.

In 2018, we all earned collector's items since it was the 1st!

I dont remember hearing before the race that they would be giving the ears out at the end.

I'm convinced that Disney still gives out the ears because the number of people who pay to get them embroidered more than recoup their costs.

I'm convinced that Disney still gives out the ears because the number of people who pay to get them embroidered more than recoup their costs.

Yep, I refused to wear mine until properly embroidered!

The CM checking them in politely told me, “Now since these are special ones, I have to inform you that if we break them during the embroidery process, we will not be able to replace them.” Very sweet smile from me, “Well then you’d better not break them.” :rotfl:

In 2018, we all earned collector's items since it was the 1st!

I dont remember hearing before the race that they would be giving the ears out at the end.

I never wore mine. They got donated to someone who wanted them more than I did.

Do you all realize that this is the 2018 thread??

We have 2019 and 2020 threads...........

No this is not a mistake..... (Yes, it's probably a little weird)

Doing a shirt purge and have the 10k, 1/2, and Goofy shirts, size Small (Women's). If for some reason, anyone wants one or all--not worn-- then PM me.

We now return to 2020.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter