Marathon Traffic

tinydancer312

Mouseketeer
I’m planning on arriving Friday night the weekend of the Jan marathon. I currently have my res at the GF starting then. I was thinking though if maybe staying in Disney Sorings that first night since we’d only have time for dinner by time we get in. I would then want to check in to the GF by 8 am the net morning to rope drop.

My question is- how bad are the road closures at that time? Is it worth the extra money to stay at the GF Friday to avoid traffic and marathon closures?

TIA :)

The half marathon will be on Saturday morning (starts at 5:30 for the first wave of runners) and runners will be on World Drive for at least a couple of hours as well as on the road by the GF parking lot for several hours. If you want to be at the Grand and able to get to MK without a hassle, my recommendation would be to stay there that Friday night. (unless there is a massive course change, but I have not heard any rumors about that)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter