Marathon dates for next year?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
when will they announce these? we overlapped this year and i really would prefer not to next year. TIA!

Yep. Those are the right dates. I would check the RunDisney website, though, if you want to make sure you don't overlap. There are 4 different ones over the year.

when will they announce these? we overlapped this year and i really would prefer not to next year. TIA!
If you are worried about crowds part of the issue with this years marathon weekend is it overlapped with many holiday breaks for schools. This increased crowds in the parks. Next year that will not be the case. So you could go during marathon weekend and see less crowds.

well they've spaced it exactly like this year's: as soon as holiday crowds leave, they have the marathon and it leads into MLK week. so I would expect it to be similarly paced in terms of crowd, which means i'm gonna need to find a new week to go....we've done this week the last two years and really like the weather/timing for our family, but i did NOT like the marathoners. there were just SO MANY!

well they've spaced it exactly like this year's: as soon as holiday crowds leave, they have the marathon and it leads into MLK week. so I would expect it to be similarly paced in terms of crowd, which means i'm gonna need to find a new week to go....we've done this week the last two years and really like the weather/timing for our family, but i did NOT like the marathoners. there were just SO MANY!

The timing next year will be different because the marathon crowds will not overlap with the NYE crowds, as they did this year and last, the holiday crowds were absolutely still at WDW when the marathoners arrived due to school breaks, but that won't be the case next year. We have done the marathon every year and always stay from the Wednesday before to the Wednesday after, and crowds are usually fine unless the marathon is early and overlaps with NYE crowds, as it did in 2017 and 2018.

The timing next year will be different because the marathon crowds will not overlap with the NYE crowds, as they did this year and last, the holiday crowds were absolutely still at WDW when the marathoners arrived due to school breaks, but that won't be the case next year. We have done the marathon every year and always stay from the Wednesday before to the Wednesday after, and crowds are usually fine unless the marathon is early and overlaps with NYE crowds, as it did in 2017 and 2018.

good to know, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter