MAPS: by Robo. WDW places & how to get there.

How long would it take to walk from the Boardwalk Resort to Epcot International gateway? Are we better off to wait for a boat? It's hard for me to judge the distance looking at the map. Thanks!
Maybe 10 minutes. We have left BW at the same time as the boat, and arrived pretty much at the same time at IG (and we have done it in reverse from IG to BW as well). I suppose it depends on your pace, but in my experience the two are equal in terms of trip time.

How long would it take to walk from the Boardwalk Resort to Epcot International gateway? Are we better off to wait for a boat? It's hard for me to judge the distance looking at the map. Thanks!
10 minutes maybe? I definitely wouldn't bother with the boat.

I commonly lyft to boardwalk when going to epcot so I don't need to worry about driving after being there. If you see the boat pulling into the dock and can make it (the side of the dock closest to espn zone) it's faster to take the boat. If there is no boat there or it's across the lake (moving or not), then it'll be faster to walk it. 10-15 minutes at a leisurely pace is a good time estimate from the steps near the resort entrance to security check. the boats are docked for about 10ish minutes if it just pulled in plus the boat ride and getting off time.

These maps are great, thanks!

Does anyone know if there is an update map of Wilderness Lodge anywhere?

These maps are great, thanks!

Does anyone know if there is an update map of Wilderness Lodge anywhere?

Other than the new DVC buildings on the north side (which are still being built, as far as I know)
is there something else that needs to be updated at WL?

Other than the new DVC buildings on the north side (which are still being built, as far as I know)
is there something else that needs to be updated at WL?
Mostly just curious what the new map would look like post construction. Seems like they took out a large portion of Wilderness path. Will they add to the existing path to make up for it?

ROBO, I so appreciate you taking the time to be so helpful, not just with the maps, but with all the answers you give about other topics as well. I have been to WDW at least once a year for the past 10 years (except for my side trip to DL three years ago). Anyway, there is so much that I don't know and haven't seen. Your maps make it so much easier to plan what I don't know how to get to. Thank you so much.

ROBO, I so appreciate you taking the time to be so helpful, not just with the maps, but with all the answers you give about other topics as well. I have been to WDW at least once a year for the past 10 years (except for my side trip to DL three years ago). Anyway, there is so much that I don't know and haven't seen. Your maps make it so much easier to plan what I don't know how to get to. Thank you so much.

What a nice thing to say!
Makes my day.
Thank you, DJC!

SHE ONLY SAID IT CAUSE IT'S TRUE!!! so many of us thank you!!

got some new updates for you...

TTC MAP:
- Opposite the trees/fence from taxi/guest drop off is the new inside security bus stop (mk). unknown if epcot is moved there also, the monorail hasn't been down or I haven't gone through late enough when epcot buses still run for parking lot needs. (the mk side dropoff is on the path to/from contemporary after their security stop so you stay inside of security to get to mk via bus from ttc they made a new curb and sidewalk to it.)
- directly left of the word bus in the first building is the restrooms that is outside of security.

This is such a great thread, especially for people like us - going to WDW for the first time! Very useful, indeed.
I have not been to this forum for few years now, actually from our last Disneyland trip in 2013... and I remember at that time forum also helped us a lot with planning! So, I am thrilled to read all the great posts again - now that we are travelling to Orlando next month. Very excited!!!
I just have one simple question - how do you get from Magic Kingdom parking to the park? What I see from the maps, parking is not really connected to the park like in other parks - or am I wrong?
Do you actually have to take a boat or a train, or a bus to get from a parking lot to the gates?

Thanks a lot again!

how do you get from Magic Kingdom parking to the park?
1. What I see from the maps, parking is not really connected to the park like in other parks...
2. Do you actually have to take a boat or a train, or a bus to get from a parking lot to the gates?
1. Correct.

2. The MK Parking Lot is located at what's called TTC (Transportation and Ticket Center.)
At TTC, guests can board a monorail, or a ferry boat, or (sometimes) a bus that
will take them to the MK gates.

If guests are not driving themselves to MK (and are staying at a WDW Resort,)
they will not need to visit TTC, but will be taken directly to the MK gates by (mostly) Disney buses.
If they are staying at an MK-area resort, they can take the monorail or shuttle boats or (sometimes) a bus to the MK gates.

Thanks Robo!

No, we are not staying at a WDW resort... we will be driving from the Windsor Hills.

So, what would be the better option - monorail or boat, which one is quicker? And do they charge to ride on any of these? How does it actually work? Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Robo!

No, we are not staying at a WDW resort... we will be driving from the Windsor Hills

Allow at least an additional 30 minutes to your MK travel time to get parked, tram or walk to the TTC station, then board and ride to the MK gates from TTC.
Likewise, to return to your car after your MK visit.

(Take a phone photo of the section and row of where you parked at any of the lots.)

no charge for the ferry boat or the monorail. all guests to the Walt Disney World resort, even day guests staying offsite, are welcome to ride any Disney mode of transportation for free. there are bost from Hollywood studios to epcot and back again with stops at Swan/dolphin, boardwalk, yach and beach club if you want to have dinner at any of these resorts or just check them out, maybe ice cream at beaches and cream. you just can't use the pools.

Thanks Robo!

No, we are not staying at a WDW resort... we will be driving from the Windsor Hills.

1. So, what would be the better option - monorail or boat,
2. which one is quicker?
3. And do they charge to ride on any of these?
4. How does it actually work? Thanks

1. Opinons vary.
I always prefer the monorail. Some don't.
2. When all is "normal," the monorail.
3. Nope.
4. Walk up to the boarding area for any of the available transportation, and step aboard.
Again, allow at least an additional 30 minutes to your MK travel time.

Thanks Robo!

So, what would be the better option - monorail or boat, which one is quicker? And do they charge to ride on any of these? How does it actually work? Thanks

Monorail is (usually) quicker.

But, if this is your first time to Disney World, I would take the ferry boat (and get to the parking lot a bit earlier to compensate). I would also go up to the top deck, and stand in the front of the boat. The views approaching MK this way are breathtaking. I'll skip describing it so as not to spoil it for you.

The monorail views just aren't nearly as much fun.

Returning to your car, if you would like to travel through the Contemporary Resort on the monorail, take the resort monorail (not the express), and TTC will be the 2nd stop (with Contemporary being the first). The express monorail travels in the opposite direction, so you would get to the TTC before going through the contemporary.

Monorail is (usually) quicker.

But, if this is your first time to Disney World, I would take the ferry boat (and get to the parking lot a bit earlier to compensate). I would also go up to the top deck, and stand in the front of the boat. The views approaching MK this way are breathtaking. I'll skip describing it so as not to spoil it for you.

The monorail views just aren't nearly as much fun.

Returning to your car, if you would like to travel through the Contemporary Resort on the monorail, take the resort monorail (not the express), and TTC will be the 2nd stop (with Contemporary being the first). The express monorail travels in the opposite direction, so you would get to the TTC before going through the contemporary.

This is an interesting take.. I like taking or recommend doing it the other way where you get that disney magic of going through with the monorail to kick off your visit and a quicker tease of the castle when you arrive. Then on the way out, ferry top deck and watch the castle get smaller as you cross back to reflect on the day in a prolonged there should be better music sort of way.

This is an interesting take.. I like taking or recommend doing it the other way where you get that disney magic of going through with the monorail to kick off your visit and a quicker tease of the castle when you arrive. Then on the way out, ferry top deck and watch the castle get smaller as you cross back to reflect on the day in a prolonged there should be better music sort of way.

I think another factor is the monorail spiel they play, which is meant to serve as a narrated introduction to the park. Some people like it. Others find it distracting from trying to take in everything they can see through the window. If you are in a crowded car, though, and can barely hear what is being said, it could be just plain annoying (I have difficulty hearing things through background noise, so this is a particular issue for me, others may not find this to be a problem).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!