MAPS: by Robo. WDW places & how to get there.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your genius!
Thanks for all the time you spend doing all this!
:offtopic:
As a nosy Italian nonna, I want to know, is it:
"Rob-Oh"
OR
"Row-Bow"
:confused3

Obviously you do not have to answer, but I've always wondered, lol:rotfl2:

Sparkle on!pixiedust:
NonnaT

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your genius!
Thanks for all the time you spend doing all this!
:offtopic:
As a nosy Italian nonna, I want to know, is it:
"Rob-Oh"
OR
"Row-Bow"
:confused3

Obviously you do not have to answer, but I've always wondered, lol:rotfl2:

Sparkle on!pixiedust:
NonnaT

Hey, Nonna!

"Rob-Oh" is the what my friends at home call me.
(I could have spelled it "Robbo.")
But, "Row-Bow" is OK, too.

Thank you for the very kind words!!

Hey, Nonna!

"Rob-Oh" is the what my friends at home call me.
(I could have spelled it "Robbo.")
But, "Row-Bow" is OK, too.

Thank you for the very kind words!!
I thought for awhile you were playing on being a "Bot", hence RowBow. Someday, sometime I hope to run into you at WDW! You and so many others on "The Dis" who make our planning dramatically less stressful. I always know that I can get quick and accurate information here. More so than anywhere else.
Sparkle on! pixiedust:

Hi!! I used your maps last June. My family very much appreciated them I am going back this June . Can you tell me if all of the area in front of Casey will be reserved now for those doing the CL Fast pass offer?

Hi!! I used your maps last June. My family very much appreciated them I am going back this June . Can you tell me if all of the area in front of Casey will be reserved now for those doing the CL Fast pass offer?

From what I've read, they do not take all of that area.
But, as with anything at WDW, it can change at any time, and even change again...
all based on who may be in charge (and even THAT might change on any given evening.)

All I can tell you is to check when you are there.

Happy to hear that you have found the maps useful!

Is there anywhere they have a map of the whole property, including where resorts and the parks are? Want to see distance from hotels we are staying at (YC and GF) to Disney springs. Thanks

Is there anywhere they have a map of the whole property, including where resorts and the parks are? Want to see distance from hotels we are staying at (YC and GF) to Disney springs. Thanks
Google maps is your friend

I have one that shows the relationships between the parks and resorts, etc.
in the maps at the top of this thread.

Its the first map in the section named:
Going Place-to-Place at WDW

Hi Robo,

Thanks for the maps, I love them and refer to them often. But today, I thought I noticed something maybe mislabeled? In post #5 of the DAK w/area resorts, you have the McDonald's near the All Star Resorts labeled as the World's Largest. I thought the McDonald's at Sand Lake Rd and I-drive held that honor (if you can call it that). I've been to the World's Largest location (and hope to never go back) and I've been to the one you have labeled as such and I don't think they come close in size or scope. We used the one near the All-Stars while using the running paths from the All-Stars down to Blizzard Beach and back as a lunch break and this one I would definitely return too. Just thought you could make an update to that map if you find my suspicions to be correct.

Thanks again for all you do.

Hi Robo,

Thanks for the maps, I love them and refer to them often. But today, I thought I noticed something maybe mislabeled? In post #5 of the DAK w/area resorts, you have the McDonald's near the All Star Resorts labeled as the World's Largest. I thought the McDonald's at Sand Lake Rd and I-drive held that honor (if you can call it that). I've been to the World's Largest location (and hope to never go back) and I've been to the one you have labeled as such and I don't think they come close in size or scope. We used the one near the All-Stars while using the running paths from the All-Stars down to Blizzard Beach and back as a lunch break and this one I would definitely return too. Just thought you could make an update to that map if you find my suspicions to be correct.

Thanks again for all you do.

Hi shocker,

It was, more or less, a joke, as they used to have a sign to that effect.
(I think they were trying to take a dig at their other area store.)

I made that map SO long ago, too. (I just checked... barely shy of 10 years ago!)
I'll pull that reference off of that map when I have some time.

Thanks for your "note," and your kind words about the maps!

Last edited:
Hi shocker,

It was, more or less, a joke, as they used to have a sign to that effect.
(I think they were trying to take a dig at their other area store.)

I made that map SO long ago, too. (I just checked... barely shy of 10 years ago!)
I'll pull that reference off of that map when I have some time.

Thanks for your "note," and your kind words about the maps!

Funny!

I think I remember them making that reference long ago, now that you mention that. I just thought with so many people perusing those maps that they might think it is indeed that close to WDW, when it's not. But, maybe a few will read my post and reconsider. I even had young kids when we went and it was an awful and frenetic experience. We were lambasted with timeshare offers when we walked in the door, probably the only McDonald's in the world you could sign up for a timeshare while eating a french fry. Others might avoid the one near All-Stars if they see that post, when that location was a normal (and acceptable) McDonald's experience and a nice walking distance option for off site dining for those All-Star locations.

Thanks again.

Funny!

I think I remember them making that reference long ago, now that you mention that. I just thought with so many people perusing those maps that they might think it is indeed that close to WDW, when it's not. But, maybe a few will read my post and reconsider. I even had young kids when we went and it was an awful and frenetic experience. We were lambasted with timeshare offers when we walked in the door, probably the only McDonald's in the world you could sign up for a timeshare while eating a french fry. Others might avoid the one near All-Stars if they see that post, when that location was a normal (and acceptable) McDonald's experience and a nice walking distance option for off site dining for those All-Star locations.

Thanks again.

OK, I just updated and replaced that old map in the DAK post at the head of this thread.

It also gave me a chance to fix (and add) a number of things that have changed over the last few years.

"We take requests" here at the Robo Maps Channel. ;)

Here 'tis-

DAK-All-Area_032218_zpsimzuigcs.jpg

These maps are really helpful - thanks for taking the time to make them. I haven't been to Disney in four years and have a trip coming up next month. I'll be using these before we go to prepare :-)

I tried looking at the maps in first post, but had trouble figuring out how many walking miles from BC to Soarin using IG. I’m taking my 80 year old mother for her first trip and have been trying to increase her stamina and need to know how many miles she should be able to do at one shot. Thanks for your help

I tried looking at the maps in first post, but had trouble figuring out how many walking miles from BC to Soarin using IG. I’m taking my 80 year old mother for her first trip and have been trying to increase her stamina and need to know how many miles she should be able to do at one shot. Thanks for your help
About 1 mile, give or take:

Always outstanding maps.

I had another thread asking about viewing the MK fireworks next to a fence in front of where they used to have reserved seating in the grassy area watch MK fireworks. I was thinking about positioning myself in front of the gate on the next grassy area. Do you think they will allow that on July 3rd or will they want to keep it open for traffic.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!