Mansions or Bayou at POR

ProudSoccerMom

Mouseketeer
We’re trying POR for the first time this summer. We’re staying at the Beach Club for 3 nights and then moving to POR to meet up with family for a family vacation. What location/floor do you prefer at POR - Mansions or Alligator Bayou and why? We don’t mind walking and would like a peaceful location with beautiful landscaping and foliage.

Do you need an elevator for any reason? The Bayou buildings do not have them. The Mansion buildings do.

Having said that, I prefer the wild greenery of the Bayou section over the more manicured grounds of the Mansions.

Im glad i have stayed in both sections. But, Bayou was our favorite. Walking to breakfast there are bridges, ponds with wildlife, trees were flowering when we were there.

I definitely prefer the look and feel of the bayou. While I do love the royal rooms, I'm not a fan of the mansions at all.

Not sure how many people you have in your party, but the Bayou section has the pull down bed under the T.V. if that's something you care about. The mansions do not.

Not sure how many people you have in your party, but the Bayou section has the pull down bed under the T.V. if that's something you care about. The mansions do not.

Yeah - if you are a party of 5, you are automatically going to be assigned Bayou. If you are less than 5, you could request it, but if there are enough parties of 5 that fill the Bayou section, you would be automatically put in Mansions.

you are right but that trundle is small. Good for a three year old.

We stayed in Alligator Bayou just a few months ago and loved it. We had requested AB but were put in the mansions. I was fine with it until our room was a disaster, very dirty. When we called we asked if perhaps we could move to an AB room and they obliged. Mansions didn’t have much character in my opinion. More classic, possibly attractive to people without kids. AB was great for us. Loved the grounds and the fun pull out bed for our son.

Both areas are lovely, but, IMO, AB has more charm and foliage. Beautiful!

Thank you, everyone!

Seems like AB is the favorite here. Do you have a building preference you’d like to share? Thanks again!

Thank you, everyone!

Seems like AB is the favorite here. Do you have a building preference you’d like to share? Thanks again!

I like building 39, personally. It's near the back of the the property and very quiet. Close to a quiet pool, a parking lot and about equidistant from the West and North Depots (bus stops). It's fairly close to the main pool and a beautiful walk to the food court and main building.

Depending on your specific needs and likes, other locations may suit you better. But building 39 is a good, all around choice.

Steve

Preferred Rooms and parties of 5 will automatically be put in the bayou. Royal Rooms will automatically be put in the mansions. Anything else can go in either but you can make a request for your preference. We are a party of 2 and have stayed at POR 3 times, twice in a king and once in a standard. Each time we have been given the mansion section and have not made any requests. My thought is that they keep the bayou rooms as clear as possible for those who request the bayou for the murphy bed purpose.

We requested, and received a AB room during our last trip. Absolutely LOVED it. We were in bldg. 37.
After taking a walk and looking at the Mansions section, I am so glad we picked AB. Not there seems anything wrong with Mansions....just not our taste.

I have requested an AB room again for this Nov 2018!!!

I guess I’m the only one who prefers the mansions here! I like the landscaping of the Bayou but not so much the rooms. We don’t need a Murphy 5th bed and that takes the place of a dresser.
The landscaping of the entire resort is beautiful.
We prefer the mansions. They’re all built along the river and so pretty. We love walking out of our building and walking along the river path.
Our fav building are either Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House on either side of the bridge to Old Man Isl.

I guess I’m the only one who prefers the mansions here! I like the landscaping of the Bayou but not so much the rooms. We don’t need a Murphy 5th bed and that takes the place of a dresser.
The landscaping of the entire resort is beautiful.
We prefer the mansions. They’re all built along the river and so pretty. We love walking out of our building and walking along the river path.
Our fav building are either Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House on either side of the bridge to Old Man Isl.

I agree - we like having the dresser and also prefer the quiet pools on the mansion side. Our favorite is the top floor of Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace, bonus for the elevator. Plus the mansions are closer for those who want to walk to POFQ.

you are right but that trundle is small. Good for a three year old.
It's actually a murphy bed that fold down from under the television. The old trundle beds that were stored under the bed and pulled out at night were removed. The murphy bed is about 66" long and about 32" wide. Shorter and narrower than a twin sized bed. They call it bunk sized.

We only stay POR preferred which is AB, and I typically request building 14 or 18
But sounds like you would like either areas..
Wherever you choose, enjoy, it’s s beautiful resort.. be sure to ride the boat to Disney springs!

I prefer the Bayou for the closeness to the main building but I got so turned around and lost getting back from the bus stop! I stopped a CM that was on a maintenance cart to get directions and I must have looked really pathetic because he took pity on me and drove me to my building!

I like the mansions for the landscaping. I stayed there a few times and always booked a river view room.

LOL, I would have requested the mansions if I could but we are a family of 5 so I know we will be in the bayou when we check in Sunday. It will be my first stay there, but from the Youtube videos I've watched the landscaping does look great in the Bayou. I prefer the more regal look of the Mansions, though. (Princess lover here.) So you aren't the only one!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter