Managing 2 different home resorts and UYs

kboo

DIS Veteran
Hi there, we are closing soon on a VGF contract with an August UY. We also own at BLT (Feb). We plan to use the 2 contracts separately.

So - with 2 different contracts and different UYs, I will have to have 2 different log ins at the DVC site? And how does that relate to MDE? Right now any reservation I make automatically shows up on MDE; that shouldn't change, right?

And in terms of getting points in my account, etc, will it be the same process as a first time buyer, because it's a different UY?

Thanks! And feel free to point me to a post that talks about just this.

You can add the new membership to your existing DVCMember.com account. Once logged on, if you hover your mouse over 'My DVC Membership', there will be a link on the left hand pane of the dropdown menu to 'Add New Membership Number'.

When you go to make a new reservation, there will be a dropdown list where you will need to select which membership you are going to use.

when we bought our second contract (new use year), we made sure it was titled the same and it automagically showed under our login. the contract / membership number showed up first, then the points a few days later.

You can add the new membership to your existing DVCMember.com account. Once logged on, if you hover your mouse over 'My DVC Membership', there will be a link on the left hand pane of the dropdown menu to 'Add New Membership Number'.

When you go to make a new reservation, there will be a dropdown list where you will need to select which membership you are going to use.
Cool! For some reason I thought we would need a new log in. This does not sound too onerous at all.

So as far as waiting for the new membership number, it happens the same way and on the same timetable as a first time resale purchaser, right? :crazy2:

Cool! For some reason I thought we would need a new log in. This does not sound too onerous at all.

So as far as waiting for the new membership number, it happens the same way and on the same timetable as a first time resale purchaser, right? :crazy2:

A couple of days shorter if the names are exactly the same because the account is already set up. Be ready to track dates separately, separate mailings, separate dues bills, more chances for something to go wrong.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm in the same boat! We are direct AKL owners, Feb UY and have closed on a resale Aulani contract, March UY. We made sure that our exact names (first/middle/last) are the same on the Aulani contract as on the AKL contract...so I guess we just wait for the contract to show up under our log in?

As long as the names are exactly the same on your new contract (including middle name/ initial if you used that on the first one) it should show up in your existing account automatically. I was able to see my second contract in my account just a few days after deed recording, while the letter took another 10 days or so in the mail after that.

As long as the names are exactly the same on your new contract (including middle name/ initial if you used that on the first one) it should show up in your existing account automatically. I was able to see my second contract in my account just a few days after deed recording, while the letter took another 10 days or so in the mail after that.

Does it make a difference if our online DVC account doesn't utilize our middle names? It goes strictly by the names on the contract?

Actually you don’t need to do this, member administration will do this for you or at least they did for me. Once the transfer was done they had added my new membership so everything was fine and dandy when I logged in.

Agreed that more than likely the new membership will just show up in your DVC account login. If for some reason it was noticed by DVC that you were already an owner then you might have to go thru connecting the membership to your login but that is less likely than it just appearing.

Our 3 add-on contracts just showed up in our account a week after the deed was recorded, I believe. All show up under my dvc account.

You just have to remember the contract number you want to use when making a reservation so that it takes points from the right contract. I usually right down the contract number that I want to use before I start my reservation.

We have 2 contract with different resorts and UY. They are both accessible in our single account. As long as they are titled with exactly the same name/names the new contract should show up in your account.

My points just showed up today in our online account. Separate resort (Aulani) and separate UY (March)! Yay!

How long did it take from you sending in your closing docs until the points were in your account? I'm waiting on AUL resale points to show in my account as well, so I'm trying to estimate how much longer I'll need to wait :)

How long did it take from you sending in your closing docs until the points were in your account? I'm waiting on AUL resale points to show in my account as well, so I'm trying to estimate how much longer I'll need to wait :)

We FedEx'd our closing docs back on January 5th and points were in our account January 24th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter